Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Yeah, the Inhuman push has been sort of a bust. Everyone cites Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl as success, but Moon Girl's book doesn't sell well at all and Ms. Marvel barely deals with the fact that she's Inhuman; it was just a quick way to give her powers.

I admit that Ms Marvel is the only Inhuman character that I like but as Bishop88 mentioned her book doesn't really touch on the Inhuman stuff that much. I wouldn't mind the Inhuman push if it didn't come at the expense of the X-Men. People say that they want to see new characters, well there could have been more mutant characters introduced.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    to ask is if the inhumans are failing are you kidding they are one of the worst marvel failures the past 10 years . blah blah blah
    see, this here is the biggest obstacle that The Inhumans are facing. Comic shop owners/workers who get mixed up between the difference between being a retailer and a fan. All in a tizzy that the Inhumans are somehow steeling the precious X-Men's thunder, they underplay the Inhumans and consciously or unconsciously dissuade their patrons away from the books. Completely lost is the whole idea that cultivating a broader scope of interest in different books will actually increase a store's overall sales. Short sited stupidity.
    The shop I go to here in Chicago (the great Chicago Comics on Clark Street) does a wonderful job of advertising a multitude of different books. They've featured Moon Girl, All New Inhumans, and Ms. Marvel as 'the book of the week' on several occasions and lo and behold those books ended selling quite well there.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Yeah I call bulls hit on that argument that shops are not stocking the Inhuman out of spite. If the books sold they would be getting stocked more period, and to say otherwise is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yeah I call bulls hit on that argument that shops are not stocking the Inhuman out of spite. If the books sold they would be getting stocked more period, and to say otherwise is just stupid.
    Yeah most shops would want to stock something that sells. To not do so is just stupid even if they don't agree with the product.

I have seen an example of a store refusing to sell an obviously well selling product. That was the UK toy chain Entertainers who refused to sell Harry Potter toys when the films were coming out. This was because the people who owned the chain were devout Christians and severely looked down on witchcraft. However I don't think the same can be said for the Inhumans books in comic book stores.

I even asked at my own comic store (which is in a city mentioned in a recent issue of All New Wolverine) and they tell me that they're not particularly selling many Inhumans books.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I'm sure it's not the only thing contributing to only-moderate sales of Inhuman books, but it is certainly a factor. I only have anecdotal evidence to go on, but I have heard from a good number of people complaining that the shops they go to either don't stock the Inhumans books or actively try to dissuade readers from adding them to their pull list.

BANNED

trust me im not not ordering inhumans books out of spite,. If people asked for it or asked to preorder i wouild glady order more copies. Butt he books dont sell and im not gonna waste rack space or promote books that dont sell simple economics

It is pointless for a store to order like twenty copies of a book that they know they will only sell six or seven. If I were a comic store owner I would order enough for the standing orders and then order a few extra. I just read the sale numbers for June 2016 and Uncanny Inhumans had two issues that month. One issue sold less than X-Men 92 (currently the lowest selling X-Men title, not including solos) and the other beat it by around 5K. However it is still 14K less than the next X-Men title, I was even surprised to see that Ms Marvel is selling less than I expected which I am disappointed with.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

The Omega Men was likely the best superhero comic of the year and it sold quite poorly. The Ultimates, The Vision, ODY-C, and Moon Girl are all wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable reads and yet all of them post sales well below that of Uncanny Inhumans, much less Amazing Spider-Man or Batman. Paper Girls by Vaughn and Chiang deservedly won the Eisner for best comic and its sales were only a fraction of standard fare at Marvel. It's the function of the lowest common denominator books to support the more niche books. Otherwise you just end up with a hundred different shades of vanilla.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 09-18-2016 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Deleted slur

Normally when it is quality over quantity but when it comes to business it is quantity over quality. Look at the Twilight Franchise, those films were terrible but made a lot of money but Dredd was brilliant but was a flop. Comic stores don't make all that much money and they have to back things that they know will sell well or else they'll go under. The numbers don't lie and I was surprised to find that Deadpool was the highest selling ongoing Marvel title of June 2016 (not including Star Wars since that is separate).

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-06.html
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I'm done arguing the matter because it's clear that the folks here talking crap about The Inhumans haven't actually read the books. I was a fan long before the Inhumans got a big push at Marvel and have no illusions that they will ever attain the popularity of a franchise like the X-Men or Avengers.
    The Inhuman books have sold poorly but have entailed great and original stories that have been a joy to read.
    The X-Men books have sold quite well yet have been terribly boring and stuck in a seemingly endless cycle of retelling he same stories again and again.
    Which situation is preferable is merely a matter of opinion.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 09-18-2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Deleted complex comment

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    It is pointless for a store to order like twenty copies of a book that they know they will only sell six or seven. If I were a comic store owner I would order enough for the standing orders and then order a few extra.
    Honestly, I can only guess based on circumstantial evidence, but that's what I suspect my shop does. It means there have been several times where it has sold out completely and I didn't get a copy. Uncanny Inhumans 11 (first appearance of Mosaic and Lockjaw's rumored death) was sold out by about 6:30 or 7:00 every single shop I looked. But that doesn't mean it sold crazy numbers just that casual fans were interested because of something else (Civil War II or Mosaic being my guess). IIRC, even Midtown Comics had sold out. All-New Inhumans 11 was also sold out at my shop, likely because it was a final issue. But it's clear I'm not the only one buying it every single time and there's no reason to think my shop is outside the norm and I don't think there's anything they failed to order because of demand.

Come on only die hard fans of the mutants hope to see the Inhumans failing.. Are they a big hit ? no. Are they worst then others ? no. Remember how many mutants series we saw along the years that fail before the end of the year.

Astonishing Member

Inhumans = New Universe
    Inhumans = Marvel 2099
    Inhumans = Heroes Reborn

The Inhumans is a semi-failure. I can't recollect such a HUGE push for a minor-league team by a comic company. But when hundreds of millions are at stake for a new movie franchise everyone can see why Inhumanmania is being published everyday of the week, twice on Sunday.

If it hasn't caught on in the comics or on tv, maybe it's time for Marvel to push another franchise.

I have gone into several shops to ask about Inhumans books and on more than one occasion have been told "oh, you don't want to buy that" by the stores employees. My own shop stocks them but repeatedly asks me why I like them....and I say read them and find out. But they don't.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast