Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Good Place

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    A bit of a Sophie's choice for Jason. Janet or Tahani?
    Would having a choice like that prove you're in heaven, or in hell?

The casting directors for this show should get an Emmy. (In addition to the one they won last year for Veep.)

Loved the episode.. watched it this morning. The problem is I tried to watch it too early and fell asleep while watching it. An episode of community started right up after it and in my dreams the creaters of the good place just worked the cast of community into an episode of the Good Place.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I am enjoying the hell out of this series which continually amazes me because when I first read about it prior to Season 1, it sounded stupid and like something I wouldn't watch at all.
    I agree. When it first came out I was like "WTF. Who wants to see a comedy where they are all in theory living Happily Ever After? How can it sustain itself?!?!?"

Retired

I kept watching the first season because I couldn't see how they could keep this premise going for more than a few episodes. And then the final episode pulled the rug out from under me and now I know that the show could just keep going as long as it wants, because they are constantly reinventing the premise.

Loved this special Janet episode. There is never enough Janet. A tour de force performance by Ted Danson and D'Arcy Carden.

Yep, this was a brilliant episode, my favorite of season 2 so far. If this show doesn't make a star out of D'Arcy Carden, then I don't know what.

Normally I would have been upset that the main characters were given so little screen time, but the single scenes they each got were awesome. Both Chidi and Jason had possibly their funniest moments of the season.

And Jason Mantzoukas as Janet's insta-boyfriend Derek immediately stole the show. Can't wait to see he and Jason have their inevitable dumb-off next episode.

I must be the only one who actually didn't care much for the episode.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.