• Keep it like it is!

6 8.70%
  • It's unredeemable; scrap it and move on

11 15.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Clean slate, start again.

Snyder has made the DCEU a joke, and that joke isn't going to go away especially not when every entry in the DCEU is critically lambasted for failing to fix it's problems, BUT they're self aware enough to make snide remarks about fan complaints in the movies plot ie the death count in MOS being a central point in BVS's script.

It's a shame cuz Cavill is a great actor, would be a great superman but the script sucks. And Batfleck and Wonder Woman, also good casting, crap scripts crap direction.

Burn it down and start over, or you'll be spending the next 10 years of this cinematic universe trying to convince people youre not just the dark superhero movies with crap camera work that takes itself too seriously.
    The great cast is why you dont tear it all down you just pivot away from snyder. I like the casts minus lex this far. Im excited to see mamoa. Flash i expecting the worst but hoping for the best. The rest the DCEU cast i really like though. If snyder doesnt flip the script in justice leagie just pivot away from him. The one DCEU movie he didnt have a heavy hand in was the best one so far imo. Because while there was alot of dumb plot it was fun. Ayer understands its a comicbook movie, you got to make it fun. Because if nothing else the audience will appreciate that.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The great cast is why you dont tear it all down you just pivot away from snyder. I like the casts minus lex this far. Im excited to see mamoa. Flash i expecting the worst but hoping for the best. The rest the DCEU cast i really like though. If snyder doesnt flip the script in justice leagie just pivot away from him. The one DCEU movie he didnt have a heavy hand in was the best one so far imo. Because while there was alot of dumb plot it was fun. Ayer understands its a comicbook movie, you got to make it fun. Because if nothing else the audience will appreciate that.
    Honestly, crisis it. Start the next movie and have the antimonitor or whatever destroy reality and have the trinity move into a new universe and then continue with a better director. Because the cast as we both said, are great. But they're just in terrible movies, it's Andrew Garfield in ASM all over again.

Honestly, crisis it. Start the next movie and have the antimonitor or whatever destroy reality and have the trinity move into a new universe and then continue with a better director. Because the cast as we both said, are great. But they're just in terrible movies, it's Andrew Garfield in ASM all over again.
    Gardfield was a horrible Peter Parker though he was just spot on in the suit. His voice and Comedic timing were spot on.

I think that would confuse the general audience though. You dont have to wipe the old movies from existence, but you can move on without referencing them alot. Plus there were alot of people who liked MOS and BvS, so to throw them away is a big f you to them. Just change the tone of the movies going forward. Snyder needs to accept hes not a great director, hes not making a Oscar caliber movie. Hes making CBMs. Make them fun and then try to tell a grear story on top of that. But if you start with fun you wont get a reaction like the one to BvS. SO thats my suggestion start with Fun and then try to build up from that. As far as a batman movie though just keep doing what your doing lol. But everyone else and Justice league just start with making a fun movie and then attempt to also make it good and thoughtful.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Gardfield was a horrible Peter Parker though he was just spot on in the suit. His voice and Comedic timing were spot on.

I think that would confuse the general audience though. You dont have to wipe the old movies from existence, but you can move on without referencing them alot. Plus there were alot of people who liked MOS and BvS, so to throw them away is a big f you to them. Just change the tone of the movies going forward. Snyder needs to accept hes not a great director, hes not making a Oscar caliber movie. Hes making CBMs. Make them fun and then try to tell a grear story on top of that. But if you start with fun you wont get a reaction like the one to BvS. SO thats my suggestion start with Fun and then try to build up from that. As far as a batman movie though just keep doing what your doing lol. But everyone else and Justice league just start with making a fun movie and then attempt to also make it good and thoughtful.
    DOFP basically crisis'd the X-Men universe, I don't think it'd confuse the audience at all.

I think the WB not dumping Snyder just shows that they don't care about reviews as long as it keeps making money, even though if they'd get a decent director and decent writers they'd be making Avengers money in no time. The fact they couldn't even make a billion with the trinity in one movie just goes to show how badly they're f'ing it all up.

DOFP basically crisis'd the X-Men universe, I don't think it'd confuse the audience at all.

I think the WB not dumping Snyder just shows that they don't care about reviews as long as it keeps making money, even though if they'd get a decent director and decent writers they'd be making Avengers money in no time. The fact they couldn't even make a billion with the trinity in one movie just goes to show how badly they're f'ing it all up.
    DOFP really only got rid of Xmen orgins and X3. I mean there are small thing like Nightcrawler being an Xmen now as a kid. and Angel becoming Arcangel(and we only saw angel is X3 I think so...). but for the most part X1 and X2 still hold up. I guess they could do a time travel story with the flash and DOFP there timeline. I just dont think its neccesary yet. X-men had to do something cause they could never keep there own continuity straight anyway

Amazing Member

The options of "Hire a producer to oversee all films with a better vision", "Stop overly editing and cutting down a director's movie" and "Lighten up the tone" should be enough to fix any problems I think.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

1. Actually lighten the tone. You're not doing any comic of any nature a service by making it dark and gritty. Even some of the darkest stories have elements of hope and light to them. You have to have brevity in the world, and a sense that the hero will win. Comic's are our new greek myths, you want the heroes to come out on top. So yes, tone down the brooding and tune up the fun. You can make it serious without having it go Zero Dark 40 on us. We don't need the sepia tones those went out in the 2000s.

2. Writers, get ones that will read the works and get the characters voices.

3. Johns is fine for creative end, now get a producer who likes comics as much as he does to act as the over all supervisor. Directors should not be in charge so much as they are playing a part in the vision. The producer is the Editor and the directors are the writers and artists in this case. Stories should be fairly told, but also keep in mind the over all world that they're trying to build.

BANNED

LOL so much for positivity.

Objectively- stop butchering the movie during editing.
    Everything else is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    1. Actually lighten the tone. You're not doing any comic of any nature a service by making it dark and gritty. Even some of the darkest stories have elements of hope and light to them.
    You mean how MoS and BvS ends with some hope for the future, how Taskforce X members are better off at the end of SS.

You have to have brevity in the world, and a sense that the hero will win. Comic's are our new greek myths,
    Piss poor analogy. Have you ever read a greek story? the Hero almost never come out on top. Hercules- poisoned, Achilles- Poisoned, Jason- Children Murdered, Odysseus- Ok, he comes out on top, Orpheus- Only has to walk out of hell with out turning around, he fails.

you want the heroes to come out on top.
    No, that's Marvel's shtick go watch Marvel movies.

So yes, tone down the brooding and tune up the fun. You can make it serious without having it go Zero Dark 40 on us. We don't need the sepia tones those went out in the 2000s.
    No, movies don't have to be fun to be good.
    Last edited by unholyrevenger72; 09-21-2016 at 02:20 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post

Everything else is fine
    Pretty much this for me, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Everything else is fine

You mean how MoS and BvS ends with some hope for the future, how Taskforce X members are better off at the end of SS.
    More then that. Yeah their is hope for the future, under a rather depressing light of you know the Death of Superman, the way they became allies, everyone was written like a moron during the end fight. The thing is that MoS's ending doesn't fit with the whole Death of Zod, as it shouldn't since in the original script they had him just be thrown into the phantom Zone, not dead. The scene that followed was based on that script not the later changes. Physically too there needs to be more color. I was glad to see some color was showing up in the extended cut, but man the color palette in that one was brutal. SS ends well enough, but again, this isn't done by Synder. There's also the fact that the Joker is still out there, I got more of an upbeat feel from Arkham Asylum's movie then I did from BvS. I haven't seen SS fully yet, so I can't say much on that aspect of it. Lighter tone means less complaining between characters or having a Lex as we saw.

Piss poor analogy. Have you ever read a greek story? the Hero almost never come out on top. Hercules- poisoned, Achilles- Poisoned, Jason- Children Murdered, Odysseus- Ok, he comes out on top, Orpheus- Only has to walk out of hell with out turning around, he fails.
    Hercules -only after at least coming out on top several times before, Jason -managed to get the fleece before he screws up and screws over his wife, Bellerophon -managed to subdue certain tribes and became connected to the gods for a while (he screwed up later), Perseus -did pretty fine for himself, Psyche -wound up marrying Eros after several tasks from Aphrodite, Triptolemus -managed to work out well for himself after helping out Demeter with crops. If you look at how Comics and greek myths are used in telling pop cultural stories then yes, the analogy is true. Greek myths were the pop cultural stories of the day, they were the stories you told not only when you wanted to entertain but teach a lesson. Our comics are used for that in a lot of ways as well. So this isn't that far off in that sense. Thus, our mythology.

No, that's Marvel's shtick go watch Marvel movies.
    No that's every single movie that exists. Outside of say the horror movie kind or tragedy (and even then that's limited based on who you see as the hero), most stories end when the hero comes out on top in some way. Either it's a public sort of thing where they stop the villain or natural disaster (even at the cost of their own life) or it's a personal thing (they beat an addiction, walk away from a bad situation, chose between two options/people that will become important in their life, etc.) where they end up being in a semi good place, or a restart place. Heroes have to win in some way or find answers or have to change or else there is no reason for the story. More so with Comic characters.

When you're dealing with a non drama movie you should have some fun in it. BvS is not the Kings Speech, or Citizen Kane. You don't need it to be a brooding dark thing, you should have some fun with it. Batman and Superman and Wonderwoman are amazing characters that do amazing thing. A director should be having fun with something of this nature. And I never said that a movie has to be fun to be good, I said that they should tune down the brooding and try to look at it through the eyes of wonder that it really does mean. A man can fly, a woman can bounce bullets off wrist gauntlets, and a man that is just as good as sherlock holmes. How can you not want to have fun with that sort of character?

Maybe, but I've never met anyone who said "Ya know what I want out of a Superman movie? Him looking dour and constipated for two hours."

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Maybe, but I've never met anyone who said "Ya know what I want out of a Superman movie? Him looking dour and constipated for two hours."
    Agreed. I wouldn't say any of the Nolan Batfilms were popcorn-crowd pleasing fun per se, but they fit the character, and were overall good. Superman can be in a serious, thoughtful film right out of any Alan Moore or Alex Ross comic without the excess of a blockbuster, sure, but trying to make Superman grim n' gritty doesn't suit the character, nor does it inherently offer any real insight like most modern comic movies try(and sometimes fail) to do.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Agreed. I wouldn't say any of the Nolan Batfilms were popcorn-crowd pleasing fun per se, but they fit the character, and were overall good. Superman can be in a serious, thoughtful film right out of any Alan Moore or Alex Ross comic without the excess of a blockbuster, sure, but trying to make Superman grim n' gritty doesn't suit the character, nor does it inherently offer any real insight like most modern comic movies try(and sometimes fail) to do.
    Thing is, they didn't make Superman himself grim and gritty.

Examples of grim and gritty standard bearers being: Wolverine, Punisher, Rorschach, the Mirage TMNT, Alias Jessica Jones, Batman, Winter Soldier, Daredevil and others.

Even the world presented in MOS and BvS isn't unrecognizeably different from our own.

BANNED

If something like a Superman movie isn't fun than maybe the filmmakers should be rethinking their approach. What are some good movies that just aren't fun at all that you can think of?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GigiFusc View Post
    Funny thing about the Marvel V DC. I'm not convinced that takes place for non comic fans.
    It doesn't. It's not something anyone takes seriously outside of an online forum. It's as arbitrary and pointless as "PC vs. Console games," or "Xbox vs. Playstation."

Which isn't to say that recent DC movies haven't been disappointing compared to the Marvel ones. If I could affect any kind of change, honestly, I'd turn creative control over to Ben Affleck. Affleck's a better writer, and a better director than Snyder or Goyer, and he's got the Oscars, the BAFTAS, and the Golden Globes to prove it; and unlike those two, he's a lifelong comic fan who genuinely appreciates and enjoys the medium. No condescending remarks or out-and-out trolling to provoke a reaction. He'd be a good steward of the franchise.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."