• Keep it like it is!

6 8.70%
  • It's unredeemable; scrap it and move on

11 15.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    And Civil War, incest Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver on Ultimates, incest Hulk and She Hulk in Old Man Logan, Red Son is a dark Superman tale, goat legs Doctor Doom on Ultimate FF and just a host of other comics that aren't kid friendly or are just dark and mean spirited.
    Having Black Widow betray the team and kill Hawkeye's family, making Hulk eat people and want to rape Freddie Prince Jr. (I didn't imagine that, right?), having Wolverine leave Cyclops for dead so he can get in Jean's pants....

Compared to all that, I don't think the protagonists in the DCEU are in any way unlikeable or mean spirited in the way they've been executed.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    As someone that didn't even think that MOS and BVS were bad films, I still think WB/DC would have been better off giving Snyder the boot after BVS. Even though Ben Affleck is the executive producer for JL, I'm still a bit skeptical of how it's gonna turn out. Chris Nolan was the executive producer for MOS. But that film didn't exactly turn out to be TDK quality.
    I'm pretty sure that had they not shot themselves in the foot and set the shooting date for JL, Snyder would be gone and Affleck would be directing. Not that I think Zack deserves a lot of the venom thrown his way (especially in light of the UC), but I'd feel so much safer with Ben directing. It's why The Batman is the only film I'm 100% sure will be critically and commercially successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    Yeah, Geoff Johns really worked wonders for the Green Lantern movie...lol.
    I think that thing was a train wreck long before Johns was brought in, and even then he didn't have a lot of creative control. I can't imagine that fart cloud Parallax was something he was gung ho about.

For starting over, if they would really be ambitious and not thinking about beating Marvel to the race, they could take their time and start with Thomas Wayne.

Go into his past and create an interesting mythos about him. Say he was an adventurer. You do a movie like the comic "Planetary" or do it like it was done recently with the space adventurer that was linked to Nick Fury. Wayne knows a lot of things about dark secrets in the World. You could have him be an ally of Ras Al Ghul, even. You do a whole thing creating a Universe before there was a DC Universe. It would be crazy and imaginative and would explain how things came to be. Wayne could be a Doc Savage-type(without the muscles).

His last mission before dying could be a race against time to get at a spaceship carrying the last surviving member of a lost alien race. It's 1938....

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    For starting over, if they would really be ambitious and not thinking about beating Marvel to the race, they could take their time and start with Thomas Wayne.

Go into his past and create an interesting mythos about him. Say he was an adventurer. You do a movie like the comic "Planetary" or do it like it was done recently with the space adventurer that was linked to Nick Fury. Wayne knows a lot of things about dark secrets in the World. You could have him be an ally of Ras Al Ghul, even. You do a whole thing creating a Universe before there was a DC Universe. It would be crazy and imaginative and would explain how things came to be. Wayne could be a Doc Savage-type(without the muscles).

His last mission before dying could be a race against time to get at a spaceship carrying the last surviving member of a lost alien race. It's 1938....
    You give Bruce Wayne a family history like that and the movies might actually have to do something crazy like move on from Bruce Wayne. WB also owns Planetary, so if they wanted to do something crazy like that they could just do it with that. Although I wouldn't do that with Thomas Wayne, he should probably just be a rich guy that died in an ally, but maybe his father?