Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Reading the article this quote from Tamaki is how she will write Jennifer:
    "I was really into the idea of a Hulk, of the ability to transform into something close to monstrous, that’s still human, and heroic. It was interesting to think about what’s human about Hulk and vice versa.”
    Jennifer's two persona's aren't completely separate. She-Hulk kept her logical, lawyer-mode, enabling her to practice law in the green. I'm speculating Tamaki will find a new way to express She-Hulk's inner humanity and Jennifer's inner Hulk, if she decided to have Jen be human as well part of the time. And, she'll still be heroic, but would need to check her inner rage more than ever before.

The original article from A.V.Club (it's helpful to read the original article CBR sourced) also has Alonso saying:
    "If there is light at the end of the tunnel, Jen is going to have to search hard for it, and she’s going to have to battle with some pretty big monsters—including the one within—to find herself again."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    2) Red She-Hulk is currently de-powered anyway, although it looks like her father will be re-powered and part of one of the new Avengers teams.
    How/When did Betty get depowered. I lost all track of her after Marvel cancelled her solo(which I enjoyed) where it cliffhanger ended with her part of a new team including Machine Man and Man-Thing!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    How/When did Betty get depowered. I lost all track of her after Marvel cancelled her solo(which I enjoyed) where it cliffhanger ended with her part of a new team including Machine Man and Man-Thing!!
    During the last Hulk arc before Secret Wars, the new "Doc Green" personality depowered every other Hulk except Lyra (accidentally exiled extradimensionally and then secretly returned to Earth) and Jennifer.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It was in the last Hulk's story arc pre Secret Wars, when Hulk became "Doc Green" and started to "cure" everybody who had gamma powers by depowering them (the only ones who kept their powers in the end were Jennifer and Lyra).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Reading the article this quote from Tamaki is how she will write Jennifer:

Jennifer's two persona's aren't completely separate. She-Hulk kept her logical, lawyer-mode, enabling her to practice law in the green. I'm speculating Tamaki will find a new way to express She-Hulk's inner humanity and Jennifer's inner Hulk, if she decided to have Jen be human as well part of the time. And, she'll still be heroic, but would need to check her inner rage more than ever before.

The original article from A.V.Club (it's helpful to read the original article CBR sourced) also has Alonso saying:
    I definitely interpreted Tamaki's quote that way, that we're going to see the return of Jennifer Walters' human form on a regular basis. The cover also seems to hint at this, considering torn clothing is not She-Hulk's usual wardrobe of choice.

BANNED

This is an interesting idea as we never truly had a real reason to see Jen Cut loose like this outside Gamma powers going out of control.

I mean it's barely touched upon and given to what happen to her recently, I wouldn't blame her for getting a bit jaded around her former "allies."

Remember the last time the heroes messed with her cousin Bruce.

In the meantime, there are some hilarious reactions at the io9 article:

Blockedpunch
    Evan Narcisse
    9/19/16 12:09pm
    Wait, did something happen to Cho?

alliterator
    Blockedpunch
    9/19/16 12:20pm
    No, he’s still the Totally Awesome Hulk.

Jon Meltzer
    alliterator
    9/19/16 12:21pm
    That's "The Totally Awesome He-Hulk".

Straw Hat
    alliterator
    9/19/16 12:30pm
    Do people actually call him that? I mean if Cho and Jennifer are in the same room, would Jennifer get called Hulk and Cho get called Totally Awesome Hulk? Or is he just referenced as Cho?

alliterator
    Straw Hat
    9/19/16 12:33pm
    If Jennifer and Cho were in the same room, people would call her Jen and call him Cho. Or he would call her “Shulkie” and she would call him “Chulkie.”
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

BANNED

If She-Hulk's getting another ongoing solo, I'm waiting for another Storm ongoing solo.

Three observations.
    1. We have two Iron Man comics, two Captain America, two Thor and now two Hulk. All diverse. The difference here is that Jen has a very solid following as She-Hulk. It is possible that a few fans could see this as a 'demotion', just to be referred to as even more of a part of the Hulk legacy than she already is. (For the record that is how I feel with Falcon).

2. I see parallels with Hawkeye. The same incident 'causes' the new situation. The outcome is that both heroes feel apart from (and disillusioned with) the rest of the superhero community. Albeit for different reasons.

3. I see this as a sign that Marvel has a bit of faith in the character. This sort of situation where characters are dragged to the bottom of the comic book life cycle are usually reserved for the popular white male heroes.

BANNED

I've heard great things about the writer's works as This One Summer as she's apparently good at nuance emotion. And this does provide an opportunity to fix the mistakes made by Bendis as well as at least exploring the consequences what had happened in Civil War II. I have good faith in this and really, the more I think about this; the more I don't mind Jennifer Walters taking the adjective-less Hulk name for herself. It's still She-Hulk and I'm happy she's getting a new ongoing. Finally written by a woman no less.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation on Betty's de-powering of Red She-Hulk fellow posters!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Well unlike many on this thread I'm excited.

I don't like anything about Cho's "comic relief hulk". The idea that we are getting back to a hulk comic where someone struggles to contain an inner beast ... that's just too core to Hulk to completely abandon to me. Drop the "she" ... I'm game. I'm in. I've been waiting for a good Hulk comic sense Secret Wars.

My biggest worry: we will find out later it's a limited series like we did with Unworthy Thor.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jenn team up with the Uncanny Avengers, considering they're trying to keep the Hand from resurrecting her cousin during the next arc. And then have her stick around. Maybe replace Synapse or Quicksilver on the team.

BANNED

on the plus side i can finally look at a she hulk book without getting a damn headache like from the charles soule run(only got a few issues cause the artwork bugged me so damn much)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Well, the more light-hearted takes never seemed to work as well as they did after Byrne.

So they are going the PTSD route.

Might as well, they have nothing to lose.

I loved the last run by Soule, BTW.

Pretty much, during Soule's run there was nothing but complaints on the art yet suddenly folks is coming out the woodwork complaining that they don't like a direction they haven't read yet

I loved Soule's run so much I told dude to his face plus dude is a Wu fan