Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Legendary Star-Lord Appreciation

DEC130736-01n.jpg
    I couldn't find an appreciation thread on Star Lord so I thought i'd make one.And since tomorrow is the release of his new ongoing series I thought i'd be a perfect time

Great thread. I love Peter Quill. Annihilation is what got me into the character and I've followed him ever since. I am really looking forward to the ongoing. I'm getting 3 copies. 1 regular cover and 2 variants. Also the pic is my favorite look for Peter and then the new one. Not really big on the old look.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Great thread. I love Peter Quill. Annihilation is what got me into the character and I've followed him ever since. I am really looking forward to the ongoing. I'm getting 3 copies. 1 regular cover and 2 variants. Also the pic is my favorite look for Peter and then the new one. Not really big on the old look.
    Thanks.I have to agree. The Annihilation look and the new are very cool

Yeah, I didn't care for the look he had at the beginning of the current series, this new one gives him more of awesome space adventurer/ Han Solo look to him.

As for his new series, I'm pretty excited to see how it does sales wise and I can't wait to see Kitty Pryde show up as possible romantic partner and awesome sci-fi hero.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care for the look he had at the beginning of the current series, this new one gives him more of awesome space adventurer/ Han Solo look to him.

As for his new series, I'm pretty excited to see how it does sales wise and I can't wait to see Kitty Pryde show up as possible romantic partner and awesome sci-fi hero.
    I can't wait to read the new series

BANNED

I've liked every look Peter has had EXCEPT the one McNiven first designed for GotG.
    It was just to plain.

The blue and yellow was spiffy though.

The original outfit will always be my favorite though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I've liked every look Peter has had EXCEPT the one McNiven first designed for GotG.
    It was just to plain.

The blue and yellow was spiffy though.

The original outfit will always be my favorite though.

I don't know. I just don't feel this one. McNiven's as well, but outfit or not. We all love the character.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-01-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

He's definitely an awesome character. I really hope his series does welll

Guess who just got their own children's book?
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7...axy_beginnings

I honestly could see the Guardians of the galaxy being a big team name in the future, they should be around the MU more.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I honestly could see the Guardians of the galaxy being a big team name in the future, they should be around the MU more.
    That is absolutely awesome

BANNED

Welp, looks like I'm getting two copies.
    One for my nephew and one for my niece.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Thoughts on the first issue of the new ongoing?

Can't stand any connection to Kitty Pryde.

The issue itself read really well, and the art was good, but this was more the movie version of Peter Quill then the Bendis' version and definitely in no way resembles the amazing Giffen/DnA version I was hoping to see again.

As for continuity, anything before Bendis seems to have been left behind.

I liked it, Star-lord in of himself is kind of a goofball who tries his best a being both a superhero and Han Solo at the exact same time, and in a manner he succeeds. He's a lot of fun to see as goes around blasting Badoons, especially with great art by Paco Medina. I myself liked seeing Kitty Pryde in this and i'm actually interested to see where the relationship, or whatever you want to call it, goes. The ending was ok, could have been better but it's intriguing enough for me to see where it goes. Overall, I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
    Words to live by.

J-Son gets around