Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It was pretty good.

Cool that Quill has another ongoing but it's pretty lame that is has to adhere so much to the movie. Super-excited for the movie and Chris Pratt's a great actor and everything but I still wish Marvel wouldn't feel the need to ignore previous characterization and stories just so they can work the shiny new Star-Lord from the movie into the comics.

But none of that really has anything to do with Sam Humphries since he crafted a pretty fun issue here. It was well paced, the dialogue was good (even had me chuckling a few times) and Medina's art was really good. I'll be back next month.

Did anybody else read this in Chris Pratt's voice? I sure did.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    J-Son gets around
    No he doesn't!

Those two people right next to him are his adopted children and this Victoria girl looks nothing like him at all, so I'm guessing or hoping they follow suit because it makes no sense why Peter Quill looks exactly 100% like his father and his daughter looks absolutely nothing like him.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/jasonspa.htm
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 07-02-2014 at 10:11 PM.

spoilers:
    Victoria of Spartax
    end of spoilers

Of course could be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    No he doesn't!

Those two people right next to him are his adopted children and this Victoria girl looks nothing like him at all, so I'm guessing or hoping they follow suit because it makes no sense why Peter Quill looks exactly 100% like his father and his daughter looks absolutely nothing like him.

No he doesn't!

It's become very troubling how little regard for continuity people have these days. (And don't try and tell me that this is a different Star-Lord and the original was not 616.) Jason's character has been written absolutely differently these days and Star-Lord in this comic read like a parody. Seriously? "Call me baby boo?" That's not Star-Lord. And I love Kitty Pryde, but she and Star-Lord don't go together.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

No he doesn't!

You have to remember, this Star-Lord is NOT that Star-Lord, and the current Bendis J-Son is NOT that Jason.

They have retconned everything from the old series. Not only that but they have seemed to retcon everything from the Giffen/DnA run as well.

This Peter Quill is basically a brand new character unfortunately.

Starlord.jpg

Been a fan of Star-Lord for a while, thank god I got these years ago before they shot up in price. I am excited that he is being written by someone else than Bendis and to see what direction this book goes in.

I been reading a lot of people's comments and Bendis's Star Lord seems to get a lot of hate,what did he do with Star Lord? And I have to say based on what i've read about Star Lord singing Karaoke seems a little over the top for him

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I been reading a lot of people's comments and Bendis's Star Lord seems to get a lot of hate,what did he do with Star Lord? And I have to say based on what i've read about Star Lord singing Karaoke seems a little over the top for him
    Bendis turned a deep character into a han solo knockoff with daddy issues. He has his fun moments, but only if read as a completely new character. The Giffen/DnA Peter Quill was tortured by the sins of his past and strove to right wrongs and reclaim his role as hero to atone for past mistakes. He was a normal joe surrounded by crazy aliens and cosmic hoopla but was charismatic enough to rally them as Guardians. He was also in his 30's.

Bendis Peter is younger, blond, only worries about what his dad is upto, acts like a buffoon, and doesnt seem to have the same personality or interaction with his team as he used to. The only way to explain this is that he was changed dramatically in the cancerverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Bendis turned a deep character into a han solo knockoff with daddy issues. He has his fun moments, but only if read as a completely new character. The Giffen/DnA Peter Quill was tortured by the sins of his past and strove to right wrongs and reclaim his role as hero to atone for past mistakes. He was a normal joe surrounded by crazy aliens and cosmic hoopla but was charismatic enough to rally them as Guardians. He was also in his 30's.

Bendis Peter is younger, blond, only worries about what his dad is upto, acts like a buffoon, and doesnt seem to have the same personality or interaction with his team as he used to. The only way to explain this is that he was changed dramatically in the cancerverse.
    Wow!!!! That is a big change.But he does this with every character he writes

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

No he doesn't!

Mmmmmm...that Byrne art. Feels so good going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

Both the Jason from the Universe 791 and the J'son from the Universe 616 and their sons are very different to each other. Just think about them as different characters who share the same name.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope Kitty becomes a permanent fixture in Peter's life. I'd love to see her join the GotG. It's not like Bendis is doing her any favors in his X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope Kitty becomes a permanent fixture in Peter's life. I'd love to see her join the GotG. It's not like Bendis is doing her any favors in his X-books.
    I have a feeling Bendis will eventually make everyone a Guardian like he did with Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Both the Jason from the Universe 791 and the J'son from the Universe 616 and their sons are very different to each other. Just think about them as different characters who share the same name.
    Yep, exactly!