Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mononokifool View Post
    Really? I just flipped through all of my old Star-Lord mags and I didnt see it mention that his powers came from the suit. Only that the Master of the Sun made him a Star-Lord. Could be wrong though since I just skimmed them.
    I thought that too but then I just checked Comicvine and Marvel Wiki and that's what they say, I could deferentially be wrong tho?

Powers and Abilities

Give the powers of the Star-Lord, Peter's suit grants him many powers and abilities.. The suit allows him sustained flight and survival in space. He can heal and has energy shields.

When teamed with Ship, Peter has her complete knowledge and firepower at his disposal, as well as two "widgets" that can accompany him where ship cannot that can be used in a variety of ways.

Starlord is also equipped with advanced, voice activated weaponry, his signature "Element Guns", and is an excellent marksman. He is also skilled at hand to hand combat and sword fighting.

Starlord once had implants, and could remember anything with his memchip, which has 100% recall, and see beyond regular ability. During Annihilation: Conquest, he lost his implants because of the Phalanx transmode virus and began to use a new uniform and helmet that allows him to breath in space and communicate. His signature element guns were changed to a pair of machine guns. He would later use more advanced weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    "In The Distant Future of 2005!!!!!"
    Yes I know. Just going by what the handbook says. Marvel is officially stating that pre Kyln is from a seperate continuity. The cool thing is that Giffen's story doesnt contradict his previous continuity.

I thought that too but then I just checked Comicvine and Marvel Wiki and that's what they say, I could deferentially be wrong tho?

Powers and Abilities

Give the powers of the Star-Lord, Peter's suit grants him many powers and abilities.. The suit allows him sustained flight and survival in space. He can heal and has energy shields.

When teamed with Ship, Peter has her complete knowledge and firepower at his disposal, as well as two "widgets" that can accompany him where ship cannot that can be used in a variety of ways.

Starlord is also equipped with advanced, voice activated weaponry, his signature "Element Guns", and is an excellent marksman. He is also skilled at hand to hand combat and sword fighting.

Starlord once had implants, and could remember anything with his memchip, which has 100% recall, and see beyond regular ability. During Annihilation: Conquest, he lost his implants because of the Phalanx transmode virus and began to use a new uniform and helmet that allows him to breath in space and communicate. His signature element guns were changed to a pair of machine guns. He would later use more advanced weaponry.
    Fair enough. I suppose I would believe the Marvel Wiki more than any other source. For some reason I dont find that as cool as the Master of the Sun bestowing space powers upon Peter to dispense Justice across the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mononokifool View Post
    Fair enough. I suppose I would believe the Marvel Wiki more than any other source. For some reason I dont find that as cool as the Master of the Sun bestowing space powers upon Peter to dispense Justice across the universe.
    Agreed 100%! I found the Master of the Sun such an awesome concept and it pisses me off that Bendis, Humphriess, and etc refuse to use the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yes I know. Just going by what the handbook says. Marvel is officially stating that pre Kyln is from a seperate continuity. The cool thing is that Giffen's story doesnt contradict his previous continuity.
    Keith Giffen is awesome! Dudes Rocket Raccoons baby daddy!
    Giffen brought back Star-Lord because he was always fond of this character, he loves his old stories, respects the previous writers who have written Quill, and prays at the alter of continuity, unlike Bendis.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/08/...lord-interview

Giffen brought back Star-Lord because he was always fond of this character, he loves his old stories, respects the previous writers who have written Quill, and prays at the alter of continuity, unlike Bendis.
    Tell me about it! Recently re read the classic stories. Some great moments in there with Ship transforming into a flesh and blood woman. Love those old 70's scifi.

Yeah, the master of the sun makes Quill the Star-Lord and says that the suit grants him his powers and through it he can breathe in space, has enhanced strength and healing.

Anything before Peter showed up at the Kyln is considerd by Marvel to be a seperate continuity. That Peter lived in a future earth timeline as the book itself lists. That said, his adventures for the most part still happened but he lost all his powers after his battle with the Fallen One.
    Humphries seems to disagree.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Man! Nice eye, Kurt old buddy!

Hopefully this means Ship and The Master of Sun show up soon! It's just so wasteful to retcon them out, when there's so much story potential there.

No he doesnt. As stated in that link, his origins remain the same, along with various retcons over the years as I have said. Guardians #0.1 is proof of that.

Besides, I never said there was no Ship or anything like that. Kieth Giffen kept all that as seen in flashbacks. All I said was that Bendis has retconned a great deal.

No he doesnt. As stated in that link, his origins remain the same, along with various retcons over the years as I have said. Guardians #0.1 is proof of that.
    The question asked if the early issues are in 616. He said yes, with a few retcons here or there.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The question asked if the early issues are in 616. He said yes, with a few retcons here or there.
    Yeah I know. I was never disputing that. The sad fact is that every writer seems to determine what is and isnt part of 616. So saying "oh yeah its all intact" means very little when Bendis retcons whatever he pleases. So we go by the golden rule. Its all counts until otherwise specifically contradicted and or retconned in print.

Yeah, the master of the sun makes Quill the Star-Lord and says that the suit grants him his powers and through it he can breathe in space, has enhanced strength and healing.
    I am holding Marvel Preview Presents #4 in my hands and nowhere does it say that his suit gives him his abilities. I believe the wiki in that they do but it does not say it at least in his early appearances.

Wow, in this article Giffen compares the GotG to Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos. I love this description so much more than knockoff Han Solo.