Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mononokifool View Post
    Sorry if I had not read your other post on the matter. I really like the idea that he is the God of the Spartoi and I think that would make for a much more interesting origin and future stories.
    NP Bro! Thanks for the input, always appreciated!

Went to see the exclusive 17 minutes of imax footage for the Guardians movie. DAMN! It was so good. We are all in for a treat with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Went to see the exclusive 17 minutes of imax footage for the Guardians movie. DAMN! It was so good. We are all in for a treat with this one.
    That's awesome hear! Thanks for the recommendation! What was the standout part for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    That's awesome hear! Thanks for the recommendation! What was the standout part for you?
    Rocket and Groot steal the show! The detail on them is impressive, especially in imax 3D. Groot has vines slithering through his bark!

Really like the character interaction, especially between Rocket and Quill. Also really like Drax.

It was like watching a DnA scene come to life. Seriously amazing visuals, colors, and music.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Rocket and Groot steal the show! The detail on them is impressive, especially in imax 3D. Groot has vines slithering through his bark!

Really like the character interaction, especially between Rocket and Quill. Also really like Drax.

It was like watching a DnA scene come to life. Seriously amazing visuals, colors, and music.
    This is really good to hear, I am so damn excited.

Andy Lanning tweeted that it was "Awesome to the power of aweosme! Like very much."

Extraordinary Member

No spoilers please! I'm so hyped

Last edited by Trevel8182; 07-09-2014 at 05:58 PM.

I'm gonna have to go read that article

Pratt! Pratt!

WOW! I totally forgot that he was in Everwood, I loved that show.

”Anna [Faris, my wife] gives me great advice on how to treat my leading ladies and just how to navigate all this stuff. It’s nice to have a beacon in all this, someone who understands what I’m going through and what it means to have to make out with somebody that is not her. What it means to give up everything for this. She understands A.) what that means and B.) why I would do it because she’s doing the same thing.”

”Playing Andy, I represented a person who sets the bar very low for themselves. But that’s not ever who I was. That’s who Andy is. There are elements of myself in that character—but that’s not who I was.”

”There were people I was working with on Everwood who were getting a lot of scripts, auditions, offers for movies. Outside of Everwood, I couldn’t get anything. The only roles I could get were kind of the douchebag. You know, the guy in the movie that makes the hero look good—drives an Escalade, has spiky hair, gets kicked in the nuts. The kind of underwritten, douchebag bad guys. That was never something I was very good at.”

”It took me 10 years to be ready for this. I’ve got a pretty good foundation of friends and family that will always keep me grounded no matter what. But I don’t think I would have been ready for it 10 years ago. So I’m really happy with the way it worked out. You need to learn how to do this. You need to learn how to keep your cool, learn how to be a leader on set, learn how to act. F—-, I still know I’ve got a ton to learn. It’s all a learning experience. I’m going to school every day.”

”Essentially, my role on Parks and Rec was to be written-off. It was like a one-season, one-off to bring Ann Perkins into the Parks department. I remember halfway through those first six episodes they took a break. I think they took a step back, saw what was working and what wasn’t, and one the things that was working was Andy Dwyer. They came back and Andy became Andy. It was written a bit differently, there was more of him. I remember five episodes in, I said to [Parks co-creator] Mike Schur, ‘I still don’t know if I’m coming back.’ He was like, ”buddy, we have a five-year plan for you.”’

”My brother, he’s always been my cheering section. After Moneyball, he was like ‘Dude, you look f—-ing good, don’t fuck this up.’ So then right after I did Moneyball I got cast in a movie called Ten Years, and I was like, ‘I’m gonna get to, like, 285 pounds for this movie. I’m going to eat everything. Eat and drink my f—-ing face off.”

”There’s definitely similarities in Guardians to James Gunn’s other movies. They just happened to give him a couple hundred million dollars versus $2 million, so he gets to make a f—-ing killer movie.”

”I had lost the weight for Moneyball and for Zero Dark Thirty all on my own, without the help of any professional people guiding me through it. And both times, as soon as I got done, I crashed hard and gained a bunch of weight back. But this time I didn’t, because I did it right. I worked with a nutritionist who was like, ‘Listen, you’re eating 2,000, 1500 calories a day. You need to be eating 4,000 calories a day, you need to be eating 5,000 calories a day. You’ll burn them all off, but you need to keep your metabolism going.’ So now I can actually have a beer if I want to, or I can eat something bad if I want to, and I’m not going to immediately gain fat because I’m not starving myself. I’m just burning the fires really hot.”

Extraordinary Member

Ugh, I want that jacket! But its like £100 :O

Sweet!
    Thanks for all the awesome articles and links Trev!
    I'll be picking up that issue of EW for sure.

Cant freaking wait for this!
    Glad I'm hearing nothing but good things about the movie so far.
    My Guardians of the Galaxy costume group was invited to attend the premiere for free at the I-max 3d in Ft.Lauderdale, FL.
    Which is really cool because there are quite a few of us and we're liable to take up a full row or two.
    tumblr_msm874R0lX1rw6hzpo2_500.jpg
    We're getting all of our stuff together for it.
    Only downside is it's in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
    These suits were designed for space travel not the sunny FL climate... that's gonna be one hella warm night for us! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Sweet!
    Thanks for all the awesome articles and links Trev!
    I'll be picking up that issue of EW for sure.

Cant freaking wait for this!
    Glad I'm hearing nothing but good things about the movie so far.
    My Guardians of the Galaxy costume group was invited to attend the premiere for free at the I-max 3d in Ft.Lauderdale, FL.
    Which is really cool because there are quite a few of us and we're liable to take up a full row or two.
    tumblr_msm874R0lX1rw6hzpo2_500.jpg
    We're getting all of our stuff together for it.
    Only downside is it's in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
    These suits were designed for space travel not the sunny FL climate... that's gonna be one hella warm night for us! >_<
    That is some killer cosplay. You guys should come up to Megacon or Tampa Bay Comic Con. I live in Tampa so I am usually at those shows.

Spectacular Member

I love this thread. I am a huge Marvel cosmic fan. I own it all. Every Star Lord, Thanos, Warlock appearance etc.
    That being said there are a few inaccuracies that seem to be posted here on the board. Some have been addressed. Some have not. What Imwill address is what has or has not been addressed in the STORIES themselves. Not the handbook.
    Here they are:
    - It was never said or shown that his costume gave him his powers.
    - It was never said or shown that his costume or element gun was destroyed in the battle with the fallen one.
    - Jason and Star Lord were never shown to have a good relationship. They met once and Peter immediately left him. Therefore Peter could have found out at a later date his father was evil. The colored one shot published in the 1980's does not count because it those extra scenes took place in 80 years in the future.
    - It has never been said there was no Master of the Sun and Ship. In fact the opposite was shown by Giffen.
    Therefore the only out and out CHANGE I have seen so far is the changing of the Sith to the Badoon, The amount of time Jason spent on earth and where (one says Wisconsin the other Colorado). And lastly that Peter had his element gun as a child. Everything else can still be considered continuity until told otherwise. Just because it is not addressed does not mean it did not happen.