Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miracleman!

Extraordinary Member

Default Miracleman!

Hey all, I recently started reading Miracleman (the new one) and its *!!!LDLDLD fantastic! I haven't finished it yet so please no spoilers, but will it be featured anywhere else in the coming months or so? Thanks!

BANNED

I got done reading the Moore issues a few days ago, and yeah, it's a great book. The last two issues weren't reprinted though, so there's only the old version. I haven't ventured into the Gaiman stuff just yet, but considering Marvel has put the series on hiatus, I'm thinking of putting them off until they re-start the title.

They were supposed to release those last few old Gaiman issues a few months ago and then started with new Gaiman stuff but....it's all just disappeared with no response from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    They were supposed to release those last few old Gaiman issues a few months ago and then started with new Gaiman stuff but....it's all just disappeared with no response from Marvel.
    Well, it's in part because there is no new Gaiman stuff. He hasn't produced them. That's a pretty big hold-up.

Quite frankly, I was always skeptical about that announcement. Gaiman may intend to complete it; but, he has a lot to clear from his schedule to do it and launching an American Gods tv series isn't helping.

I let the idea of The Silver Age being finished go a long time ago. With Miracleman, you just have to be content with what there is, until something new arrives. Even in the day, delays were a constant element. Eclipse had cash flow issues, which held things up, aside from the busy schedules of the creative people. At least they were regularly doing comics, then. Gaiman dips his toe in the water, now and again; but, it's been a while since he dove in, head first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I got done reading the Moore issues a few days ago, and yeah, it's a great book. The last two issues weren't reprinted though, so there's only the old version. I haven't ventured into the Gaiman stuff just yet, but considering Marvel has put the series on hiatus, I'm thinking of putting them off until they re-start the title.
    I am not sure I follow your logic. Issues 1-16 were printed, which is all of Moore, (not including side stories and specials which would only detract) and then 17-22 were reprinted as 1-6. If by "The last two issues weren't reprinted" you mean 23 & 24 (7 & 8) I would imagine that is a good sign, that Marvel want to hold off until they have the next issues so that they can present them together. If they had just gone ahead and printed them and included them in the trade I would be sceptical that any new material would be forthcoming. At least this way we have a glimmer of hope for 25 & 26 finally seeing the light of day (which by all accounts were in part form and may not need much writing effort.)
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-20-2016 at 02:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not sure I follow your logic. Issues 1-16 were printed, which is all of Moore, (not including side stories and specials which would only detract) and then 17-22 were reprinted as 1-6. If by "The last two issues weren't reprinted" you mean 23 & 24 (7 & 8) I would imagine that is a good sign, that Marvel want to hold off until they have the next issues so that they can present them together. If they had just gone ahead and printed them and included them in the trade I would be sceptical that any new material would be forthcoming. At least this way we have a glimmer of hope for 25 & 26 finally seeing the light of day (which by all accounts were in part form and may not need much writing effort.)
    Yeah, I was mistaken, sorry. I thought the last one to come out was Miracleman #14, but apparently they also released #15 & #16. I was reading the floppies, and I missed the last two releases by Marvel. I haven't ventured into the Gaiman stuff yet. Sorry for the confusion.

I read them all during the summer, and the books written by Moore are really great. I've also appreciated the issues by Gaiman, and probably will enjoy them even more when/if they are completed.

About that, what will be completed first ? Gaiman's Miracleman, or Hickman's Shield ? I don't expect any answer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I read them all during the summer, and the books written by Moore are really great. I've also appreciated the issues by Gaiman, and probably will enjoy them even more when/if they are completed.

About that, what will be completed first ? Gaiman's Miracleman, or Hickman's Shield ? I don't expect any answer.
    HA. Probably none xD

They'll be completed after Alan Moore and Bill Sienciewicz finish Big Numbers. That's been, what, 20 years?

First time I hear about this one... A quick search : the project sounds really interesting. Now I'm a bit frustrated. Now I see : "Publication date : April – August 1990"! At least I'm not frustrated since 26 years...

The correct answer is Half Life 3.

All-New Member

First time I hear about this one... A quick search : the project sounds really interesting. Now I'm a bit frustrated. Now I see : "Publication date : April – August 1990"! At least I'm not frustrated since 26 years...
    Tell me about it. Been waiting for the new stuff for literally decades. It's so bloody frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulftastic View Post
    Tell me about it. Been waiting for the new stuff for literally decades. It's so bloody frustrating.
    Preach it!

Those of us who bought Miracleman #24 off of the stands and have been waiting for a followup to that cliffhanger have a valid complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Preach it!

Those of us who bought Miracleman #24 off of the stands and have been waiting for a followup to that cliffhanger have a valid complaint.
    Yeah, and where is Miracleman Triumphant?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...ore-out-there/

BANNED

Awful loss. Recovering them pages cannot be soon enough IMO.