Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miracleman!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hey all, I recently started reading Miracleman (the new one) and its *!!!LDLDLD fantastic! I haven't finished it yet so please no spoilers, but will it be featured anywhere else in the coming months or so? Thanks!
    That is the Miracleman created by Neil Adams?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Well, it's in part because there is no new Gaiman stuff. He hasn't produced them. That's a pretty big hold-up.

Quite frankly, I was always skeptical about that announcement. Gaiman may intend to complete it; but, he has a lot to clear from his schedule to do it and launching an American Gods tv series isn't helping.
    That book is much better than the show. He wrote it as a novel, I believe.

so what is going on lately? Is there something coming up next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is going on lately? Is there something coming up next year?
    I've seen an ad for some of the trades in Marvel's LCS catalog a few months ago. I'm not sure whether that means they're close to pulling off more new stories or not.

BANNED

Might be those new stories feature guest appearances by the comicbook character Miraclewoman!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Miracleman & Miraclewoman are a lovely couple

BANNED

From Captain Marvel to Marvel Man..
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Red Kryptonite Captain Marvel-Marvelman

by Nick-Perks
    ..how it happened at 4:10
    The Comics History Of Captain Marvel Part 2

BANNED

so what's up with Gaiman, Marvel's been saying new miracle man comic coming out for years, what's the holdup

It would be great if MiracleMan could help out the heroes in war of the realms.

BANNED

A way to bring in the character is to have 616 Maria Hill activate a pager left in Hill's care by MarvelMan in order for the character to become aware he is needed to help out.

Astonishing Member

Doesn’t Sentry more or less fill the archetype that Miracleman does?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's not the character and power set that make Miracleman. It's the poetic story and the resulting world where superhumans do make everything "better". Using Miracleman as another character in the Marvel Universe wastes so much of what made the character and his story great.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Sadly, I think that writers would approach it that way. Pretty much everyone who falls under the Superman archetype -- or in this case, the Shazam archetype, which is also just another form of Supes -- gets penned similarly. Given the right narrative, they all can carve their own niche. The Marvel Universe is a pretty big place when writers aren't trying to mash everyone together for some event or other.

Part of me wonders with so many of Marvel's Superman pastiches being male if maybe it's time to introduce another woman who fits that role. I know that they have Ultragirl, Sentress, and Xenith (The Strontian), but I don't think that they've really done much with those characters recently.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Sadly, I think that writers would approach it that way. Pretty much everyone who falls under the Superman archetype -- or in this case, the Shazam archetype, which is also just another form of Supes -- gets penned similarly. Given the right narrative, they all can carve their own niche. The Marvel Universe is a pretty big place when writers aren't trying to mash everyone together for some event or other.

Part of me wonders with so many of Marvel's Superman pastiches being male if maybe it's time to introduce another woman who fits that role. I know that they have Ultragirl, Sentress, and Xenith (The Strontian), but I don't think that they've really done much with those characters recently.
    They won’t do that because otherwise how will people know that it’s a Superman analogue?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Power Princessn or whatever her name is

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Power Princessn or whatever her name is
    Power Princess is Wonder Woman. Although WW has gotten a major push at DC, including some stories where they indicate that her strength is on par with Superman's, the reality is she's not there yet. And Power Princess definitely isn't there yet. But it wouldn't hurt to switch things up and have Power Princess be more powerful than every version of Hyperion.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin