Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miracleman!

This is never coming out is it?
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This is never coming out is it?
    I suppose than Marvel Man would have a bigger impact if he would join the prime 616 Marvel universe. But don't leave off. It could be eventuallybeing published. Someworks take their time but it were published.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

I wait with cautious hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I wait with cautious hope.
    Well that sums up the entire thread. Although I now wait with the growing sense of inevitability that this is not going to happen.

I was reflecting on this story (that I still have not read in its entirety) and the history of the project (which I think I am more interested in than the actual story), and I wondered what it would be like for a writer to be handed the project of finishing a work that is no longer quite representative of them. Even if you mostly like something you previously wrote, and that isn't the typical experience of a writer, it might be an impossible task to pick up where you left off.

How does one go back and acknowledge work you have written, when one's inclination would be to change or rewrite parts? It is the sequel problem magnified. At least in a sequel it is possible to address the points one now has different perspectives on. I suspect this story is now unofficially stuck in a unique level of writer's hell.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-14-2018 at 05:11 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Miracleman & Miraclewoman are a lovely couple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Carol Danvers, meet Michael Moran...
    If not in the comics than hopefully in the Marvel Cinematic Universe post Avengers 4 2019 Fingers crossed!

I think it's time Marvel did a NEW Marvel Man book! A new continuity, fresh and with complete freedom for a new generation of writers and artists.

In essence, I want to see Jonathan Hickman, Nick Spencer and Jeff Lemire's takes on Marvel Man!

Oh, and it should be called Marvel Man to separate it a bit from the Moore/Gaimann takes, seems fitting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I think it's time Marvel did a NEW Marvel Man book! A new continuity, fresh and with complete freedom for a new generation of writers and artists.

In essence, I want to see Jonathan Hickman, Nick Spencer and Jeff Lemire's takes on Marvel Man!

Oh, and it should be called Marvel Man to separate it a bit from the Moore/Gaimann takes, seems fitting to me.
    I immediately wanted to hate this idea. But if the chances of getting Gaiman to finish fade to nothing, then I'd actually support this. A new Marvelman in Trump-era America.

I do have issues with writers, but hey, let's all talk.

Hickman, yes
    Spencer, maybe
    Lemire, no way

Calling him Marvelman doesn't separate it from Moore at all, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I immediately wanted to hate this idea. But if the chances of getting Gaiman to finish fade to nothing, then I'd actually support this. A new Marvelman in Trump-era America.

I do have issues with writers, but hey, let's all talk.

Hickman, yes
    Spencer, maybe
    Lemire, no way
    Haha!
    The writers are nothing more than suggestions really, based on whom I think Marvel could realistically get to write it, at this moment, which would have the chops for it - I definitively think it could be cool to hear suggestions from other fans - what do ya' think guys?! Who could write Miracleman?

Btw, how come you figure Lemire couldn't do the job? His Animal Man gave me the feeling something like Miracle Man would be right up his alley! Is it the fact that his Marvel-work have been of a more varying quality?

I suppose another possible name to add to the list would be Tom King - his Vision is a potential modern classic, I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Calling him Marvelman doesn't separate it from Moore at all, does it?
    Lol! Well, I honestly think the character is more known as Miracleman than Marvelman by now - heck, this thread even uses that name!

I may be biased because of me first reading the material via illegal scans of the Eclipse reprints though, where he was always called Miracleman - didn't know about the name-change until after already getting into the material.

On another note: what characters do we want Miracleman to cross over with, if Marvel eventually decides to do a new version? I always figured the character in your avatar - the good Doctor - would make for the perfect meet. The sort of thoughtful and cerebral story that Miracleman is known for, would fit very well with Dr. Strange.
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 05-27-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Lol! Well, I honestly think the character is more known as Miracleman than Marvelman by now - heck, this thread even uses that name!

I may be biased because of me first reading the material via illegal scans of the Eclipse reprints though, where he was always called Miracleman - didn't know about the name-change until after already getting into the material.

On another note: what characters do we want Miracleman to cross over with, if Marvel eventually decides to do a new version? I always figured the character in your avatar - the good Doctor - would make for the perfect meet. The sort of thoughtful and cerebral story that Miracleman is known for, would fit very well with Dr. Strange.
    IIRC Moore himself always wrote him as Marvelman, it was Eclipse that edited it to Miracleman for the American market. Or maybe he wrote the tail end of his arc after the name change, I'm not sure... I remember reading the black and white stories in imported copies of Warrior, then being really happy when they reprinted them in color in the US.

As far as crossovers go, since he is likely coming from an alternate universe to the 616, another character that Moore wrote for is kind of a no-brainer - Captain Britain. Maybe even a good excuse to bring back Captain UK, she was teammates with a different version of Marvelman on her original Earth before he along with most everyone there was killed by the Fury.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 05-29-2018 at 09:21 AM.

If I remember correctly when Eclipse brought it to America they changed the name to Miracleman because they knew Marvel Comics would never let them call the character Marvelman.

Haha!
    The writers are nothing more than suggestions really, based on whom I think Marvel could realistically get to write it, at this moment, which would have the chops for it - I definitively think it could be cool to hear suggestions from other fans - what do ya' think guys?! Who could write Miracleman?

Btw, how come you figure Lemire couldn't do the job? His Animal Man gave me the feeling something like Miracle Man would be right up his alley! Is it the fact that his Marvel-work have been of a more varying quality?

I suppose another possible name to add to the list would be Tom King - his Vision is a potential modern classic, I hear.
    Lemire's off my list because of Animal Man. His run was nothing more than a rehash of Jamie Delano's run. The nu52 run was ballyhooed yet offered nothing more than what happened in the earlier Vertigo series. Except Cliff stayed dead.

Tom King's a great choice as well. His work on Vision and Mister Miracle has been exemplary and original.

Invincible Member

Haha!

I wouldn't want to see MM crossover with any of the 616 characters, at least not in the typical way. I think the concept just works better in it's on continuity. Although there might be a few fringe characters that could "ultimized" to fit Miracle Man's world ( maybe the Eternals or something).

BANNED

I think so too that the comicbook character Miracleman works better in it's own continuity likewise for the comicbook character Captain Marvel Billy Batson
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Red Kryptonite Captain Marvel-Marvelman

by Nick-Perks