Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Cyborg's relationship with Titans possibly being restored in Rebirth

I'm surprised no one took a notice of this and it's been eating me since I read November solicits.

I'll start from the beginning;

1) He was the first Titan Wally went to during Rebirth, even before Dick. It went like this; Boomerang, Cyborg, Nightwing. Boomerang, sure, because of the movie but we later learned that he's about to have a clash with Flash in the upcoming JL vs SS event, which was a link missing in New 52. Wally is already connected to Dick. And all that leaves is Vic. I don't think Johns threw that panel for nothing, he was acknowledging their bond. He could have went to any Green Lantern but Wally picked Vic instead.

2) Dick forms a friendship with Vic in JL #51. They are about same age and they bond over being the youngest around other superheroes. That's a prologue to Titans book, so this issue is important.

3) I didn't watch the movie but apparently Vic backs up Damian's TT against JL. New TT book is based on that line up so....

4) Rebirth is about restoring bonds and Vic lost many of them when he became a leaguer. Most fans complained about it and his last books failed because of it. It seems like a very obvious choice. It also gives him a relevance he desperately needed while making Titans more front as well.

5) Again, Rebirth is a good opportunity to make Cyborg relevant.

and now what REALLY convinced me....

Kilg%re.

First debuted as Wally's enemy when he first became Flash, it appears he's making a return in Cyborg's book according to solicits. Now obviously it makes sense they are retooling obscure villains to give Cyborg a rogues gallery but here's the thing: Kilg%re also appears on Titans' cover for issue 5. A month after where Kilg%re appears in Cyborg's book. Bonus points? Wally teamed up with Vic in the original story.

I really don't think it's a coincidince. Kilg%re is a very obscure villain and a very odd choice to put as a part of Wally's life in that cover.

What kind of relationship do you think Wally and Vic have in Rebirth? Any guesses?

Wait, has it been confirmed Boomerang is going to fight Flash in JL vs. SS? Because...he's kind of dead right now .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wait, has it been confirmed Boomerang is going to fight Flash in JL vs. SS? Because...he's kind of dead right now .
    I'm pretty sure official announcement said Flash vs. Boomerang there.

I think it would be great if it was revealed that Cyborg had some adventures with the Titans. It allows him to keep his Justice League founder status and gives him a connection to the Titans universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He most likely got sucked into the Phantom Zone.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-19-2016 at 10:59 AM.

I think he should be kind of a mentor/funder to the new Teen Titans. This way he doesn't need to be a regular member and appear in every issue, but is still connected to the Titans.

Kilg%re??????
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Kilg%re??????
    That's how you spell it lol.

And his history isn't being restored with the Titans. It's over. Please accept this because I'm sick of hearing about it 2016. I wish people would stop holding on to this. I'm aware that no one likes Vic on the Justice League but he's there to stay. Sorry.
    Last edited by Starchild; 09-19-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post

And his history isn't being restored with the Titans. It's over. Please accept this because I'm sick of hearing about it 2016. I wish people would stop holding on to this. I'm aware that no one likes Vic on the Justice League but he's there to stay. Sorry.
    Or people can keep talking about it, maybe get heard, and see the change they want in the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Or people can keep talking about it, maybe get heard, and see the change they want in the comics.
    If that helps them sleep at night, more power to them. Doesn't change the fact that I've become tired of people whining. Appreciate your input though. I just don't have energy in me like that.

Why does Cyborg have to be in his old design? That's something i can support!

If that helps them sleep at night, more power to them. Doesn't change the fact that I've become tired of people whining. Appreciate your input though. I just don't have energy in me like that.

Why does Cyborg have to be in his old design? That's something i can support!
    You could just, you know, ignore the conversations if you don't like them.

BANNED

Uhh, did you read the OP? Makes some convincing points, the fact that people are speculating a restored connection between Cyborg and the Titans isn't as delusional as you make it out to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Uhh, did you read the OP? Makes some convincing points, the fact that people are speculating a restored connection between Cyborg and the Titans isn't as delusional as you make it out to be.

I think some of his points were coincidental. But we'll see.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm surprised no one took a notice of this and it's been eating me since I read November solicits.

I'll start from the beginning;

1) He was the first Titan Wally went to during Rebirth, even before Dick. It went like this; Boomerang, Cyborg, Nightwing. Boomerang, sure, because of the movie but we later learned that he's about to have a clash with Flash in the upcoming JL vs SS event, which was a link missing in New 52. Wally is already connected to Dick. And all that leaves is Vic. I don't think Johns threw that panel for nothing, he was acknowledging their bond. He could have went to any Green Lantern but Wally picked Vic instead.

2) Dick forms a friendship with Vic in JL #51. They are about same age and they bond over being the youngest around other superheroes. That's a prologue to Titans book, so this issue is important.

3) I didn't watch the movie but apparently Vic backs up Damian's TT against JL. New TT book is based on that line up so....

4) Rebirth is about restoring bonds and Vic lost many of them when he became a leaguer. Most fans complained about it and his last books failed because of it. It seems like a very obvious choice. It also gives him a relevance he desperately needed while making Titans more front as well.

5) Again, Rebirth is a good opportunity to make Cyborg relevant.

and now what REALLY convinced me....

Kilg%re.

First debuted as Wally's enemy when he first became Flash, it appears he's making a return in Cyborg's book according to solicits. Now obviously it makes sense they are retooling obscure villains to give Cyborg a rogues gallery but here's the thing: Kilg%re also appears on Titans' cover for issue 5. A month after where Kilg%re appears in Cyborg's book. Bonus points? Wally teamed up with Vic in the original story.

I really don't think it's a coincidince. Kilg%re is a very obscure villain and a very odd choice to put as a part of Wally's life in that cover.

What kind of relationship do you think Wally and Vic have in Rebirth? Any guesses?
    Couldn't Wally just have been appearing to Vic because of his memories of Pre-New 52 Teen Titans stuff?

Aside from that, it would be cool if this happened.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Here is my perception of how things work nowadays.

Option 1: Plan out a twelve-issue run about Cyborg battling, I dunno, aliens. Cyborg and his supporting characters are the only heroic type characters. Release it, and get X amount of sales.

When asked why they didn't buy it, comics fans will be like "I just didn't like the tone of the story. This is not the Cyborg I remember."

Option 2: Spend one issue showing that Cyborg was involved with the Titans at one time. Then follow that with the exact same 12 issues of Cyborg vs. aliens, with no Titans mentioned or alluded to. Release it, and get X+ sales.

When asked why they bought it, comics fans will be like "I like how DC has brought back the Cyborg that I know and love".

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Here is my perception of how things work nowadays.

Option 1: Plan out a twelve-issue run about Cyborg battling, I dunno, aliens. Cyborg and his supporting characters are the only heroic type characters. Release it, and get X amount of sales.

When asked why they didn't buy it, comics fans will be like "I just didn't like the tone of the story. This is not the Cyborg I remember."

Option 2: Spend one issue showing that Cyborg was involved with the Titans at one time. Then follow that with the exact same 12 issues of Cyborg vs. aliens, with no Titans mentioned or alluded to. Release it, and get X+ sales.

When asked why they bought it, comics fans will be like "I like how DC has brought back the Cyborg that I know and love".
    Heh. That's also how I perceive things to be, Glenn.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?