Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The story was basically another "Superman is evil, let's j@*k 0ff" batman tale. What do you expect from the people who make Mortal Kombat, the Rob Liefeld of fighting games?

Mighty Member

Superman killed a lot of people, but that's okay because they're just generic mooks?
    The complaint I was answering was that Superman killing so many Green Lanterns would cause a power vacuum. I was simply pointing out that the casualties would be replaced (as shown on page), meaning that there would be no power vacuum.

(For the purposes of "Injustice", Superman needs to be stopped. But, killing Green Lanterns is going to be less consequential than other actions he has taken.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

It's always nice to see people justify and advocate for murder.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Batman's not the one working with Sinestro and Black Adam.
    + Superman is not working with Black Adam, Black Adam is working FOR Superman. Superman gave Black Adam an ultimatum: "You work for me, or I'll make an example with you and I will destroy your city to keep the planet safe".
    + If Superman has Sinestro as an ally is Batman's fault too. When he betrayed Superman, he left a vacuum on Superman's conscience; a vacuum that Sinestro took advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    Superman is most certainly the villain, regardless of how stupid they were, killing a mass of peaceful protesters is not a good thing, and honestly one of the most heinous acts in a story built around characters doing heinous acts.
    They were NOT peaceful. They were preparing to arm themselves and cause riots in the name and image of the Joker. Those imbeciles would have surely end up become something like the Jokerz from Batman Beyond, or even worse. There's no buts, they deserved to burn. Superman could have just arrested them if they were gathered in the name of Batman or simply to fight against the Regime. But doing it in the name of the Joker?, there's no excuse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Or beating people to death with his bare hands. Or slaughtering 250 people with heat vision.
    1º) Like I said, the protesters gathered in the name of the Joker deserved that.
    2º) He had good reasons for that:
    + Green Arrow took part on the siege of Superman's fortress, where he was keeping his parents after the goverment tried to use them against him. Ollie shot an arrow to Superman's dad, so I don't blame Superman for that.
    + Black Canary shot Superman a kriptonite bullet at treason, Superman just defended himself.
    + Rene Montoya killed herself by an overdose of the pills. Superman tried to stop her peacefully, but she poisoned herself literally. Batman had not right to blame Superman for her death.
    + Hawkman tried to kill him first, just because his wife leave him to help her friends on Earth. Superman didn't have anything to do with that. Superman simply defended himself from a crazy man that tried to kill him. He deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    If the only solution for the complex problems in real life is to have a superpowered strongman come in and take over everything then that shows a lack of imagination and a lack of understanding as to why this world is the way it is. There's poverty, crime, war in the world of DC even with superheroes. If they couldn't prevent it in the stories, why would they be able to prevent it in real life?

It's been awhile since I've read the Injustice comic but from what I remember the Regime side did some really nasty shit to people. Whatever mistakes Batman made (usually out of desperation) none of them justified Superman's actions.
    Just look at our own world. Chaos is spreading, and situations are getting unbearable in countries like Spain or Greece. They have been trying to find solutions for years and things only get worse. Why?, because of the corruption of the powerful people. If the easy way gives no solution at all, then there's no other option but the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Yeah this. Batman has done many stupid things in this comics, but outright murder on dozens of people because they disagree with you makes you a villian in my book.
    He didn't killed people because they disagree with him, but because they dared to admire the same psychopath who took his city, his wife and his unborn baby from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Nonsens. Batman's just some vigilante. The cops and the court system had the responsability of stopping the Joker.

Batman had no more responsability for stopping teh Joker than Nightwing, Batgirl, Green Arrow, Superman, or anybody else did. Any superhero (or sufficiently grumpy Arkham guard) could have killed him at any time.

Superman is resonsable for his own actions.
    WRONG!! Batman started his crime fighting carrer because his role was acting above the law, where regular police couldn't reach. Cops and court system are also corrupt, because if they weren't, criminals wouldn't come out of prison as nothing happened. The Joker deserved to die, yet the law always allowed him to return to his suite at Arkham without problems. With such situation, I can't blame Superman for doing what it had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Batman didn't murder any children unlike Superman.
    When did Superman do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    It's always nice to see people justify and advocate for murder.
    I'm not justifying or advocating murder, but it sadly proved to be the only solution when everything else failed. Seriously, do you think there's one soul in the world who will say that killing the Joker was wrong?! After all the horrors he commited? All the other deaths started because Batman disapproved what Superman did to the Joker. And I'm sorry to say it, but Superman was right at issue 10 of Year 1. "You loved him. You are mourning for him. You are mad with me because I took the Joker from you. That's it, hide behind your mask. You liked to have him close, your constant nemesis. You both playing your stupid and sick game and letting people die in the crossfire".

This reminds me "Renew your Vows" of Spider-Man. After his family (MJ and their daugther Annie) was attacked at their home by Venom, Spider-Man made a burning building fall over Eddie Brock to end him. He knew Venom would never stop coming from his baby girl, unless he stop him once and for all. I have been a fan of Spider-man all my life, and I would never approve Spider-Man killing, but this is something I don't blame him at all. I mean, "You can come for me, but for my baby girl? Over my dead body!! Or better yet, yours!!".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm not justifying or advocating murder
    You are, and that's great!

+ Superman is not working with Black Adam, Black Adam is working FOR Superman. Superman gave Black Adam an ultimatum: "You work for me, or I'll make an example with you and I will destroy your city to keep the planet safe".
    + If Superman has Sinestro as an ally is Batman's fault too. When he betrayed Superman, he left a vacuum on Superman's conscience; a vacuum that Sinestro took advantage of it.
    1) Oh so, he's blackmailing Adam under threat of destroying his country into working for him. Well that makes everything better then.

2) Um, that's not how it works. Superman made a choice to work with Sinestro. Bruce didn't force him to do that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    You are, and that's great!
    No, I'm not!!!

1) Oh so, he's blackmailing Adam under threat of destroying his country into working for him. Well that makes everything better then.

2) Um, that's not how it works. Superman made a choice to work with Sinestro. Bruce didn't force him to do that.
    1º) Considering he tried to destroy a country next to him, under the claim that they attack his home (which was not proved), this was simply giving him own medicine. Even more, considering Diana's lasso made him confess that he will destroy the whole planet to protect his country. I'll say that's Karma. You wanted to destroy the world for your country? Well, now you are going to serve the world or you won't have a country at all.

2º) You get it wrong. Bruce was a side of Superman's conscience in the Justice League, while the other one was Wonder Woman. When Batman betrayed Superman, that side was covered by Sinestro through his maquinations.

No, I'm not!!!

1º) Considering he tried to destroy a country next to him, under the claim that they attack his home (which was not proved), this was simply giving him own medicine. Even more, considering Diana's lasso made him confess that he will destroy the whole planet to protect his country. I'll say that's Karma. You wanted to destroy the world for your country? Well, now you are going to serve the world or you won't have a country at all.

2º) You get it wrong. Bruce was a side of Superman's conscience in the Justice League, while the other one was Wonder Woman. When Batman betrayed Superman, that side was covered by Sinestro through his maquinations.
    1) Sure because punishing an entire nation for its leader's sins is always a good idea.

2) Superman's increasingly brutal methods meant Bruce turning on him was inevitable.

They were NOT peaceful. They were preparing to arm themselves and cause riots in the name and image of the Joker. Those imbeciles would have surely end up become something like the Jokerz from Batman Beyond, or even worse. There's no buts, they deserved to burn. Superman could have just arrested them if they were gathered in the name of Batman or simply to fight against the Regime. But doing it in the name of the Joker?, there's no excuse for that.
    They were defenseless against Superman and he burned them to death in a fit of rage. That's not okay.

+ Green Arrow took part on the siege of Superman's fortress, where he was keeping his parents after the goverment tried to use them against him. Ollie shot an arrow to Superman's dad, so I don't blame Superman for that.
    That's not what happened. Ollie shot it at Superman to distract him because he knew the arrow wouldn't hurt him. The arrow bounced off Superman and hit Jonathan.

+ Black Canary shot Superman a kriptonite bullet at treason, Superman just defended himself.
    A woman he knew was pregnant.

When did Superman do that?
    In the game. He murders Billy Batson for daring to question him.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member

1) Sure because punishing an entire nation for its leader's sins is always a good idea.

2) Superman's increasingly brutal methods meant Bruce turning on him was inevitable.
    1º) That's practically humankind's history. Usually, it's their own leaders who punish the countries; mainly because they decide to start a war because they can't get along, so the whole countries have to fight for them.

2º) Batman has no right to complain about Superman getting brutal, especially when he has been very brutal in his own world. He would hurt and intimidate a father at his own home and in front of his own family just to get information.

They were defenseless against Superman and he burned them to death in a fit of rage. That's not okay.
    They were cheering as a hero the name of the lunatic who killed his wife and his unborn baby!!!

A woman he knew was pregnant.
    Just like Lois, and she didn't do anything to deserve what the Joker did to her.

In the game. He murders Billy Batson for daring to question him.
    He didn't killed Billy Batson, he killed Shazam. Shazam and Billy Batson proved to be two different personalities. Problem is, they were in the same package.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 09-20-2016 at 05:30 PM.

1º) That's practically humankind's history. Usually, it's their own leaders who punish the countries; mainly because they decide to start a war because they can't get along, so the whole countries have to fight for them.

2º) Batman has no right to complain about Superman getting brutal, especially when he has been very brutal in his own world. He would hurt and intimidate a father at his own home and in front of his own family just to get information.

They were cheering as a hero the name of the lunatic who killed his wife and his unborn baby!!!

Just like Lois, and she didn't do anything to deserve what the Joker did to her.

He didn't killed Billy Batson, he killed Shazam. Shazam and Billy Batson proved to be two different personalities. Problem is, they were in the same package.
    1) Other people do it doesn't make it less of a dickish thing for Superman to do.

2) See above point.

3) They were idiots that doesn't mean his response was justified. They have a right to be morons. he doesn't have a right to kill them for it.

4) And Dinah did? Especially after Clark murdered her husband?

5) And? This doesn't make Billy any less dead. Nor does it make the reasons Clark killed them any more justified.

So you think that's an acceptable reason to kill people? Okay then.

True. But so what? Superman could've done any number of things to incapacitate Canary. But instead he heat-visions her. In the abdomen.

Yes he did. They're the same person. And even if they're not, Superman still murdered someone just for questioning him.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Just look at our own world. Chaos is spreading, and situations are getting unbearable in countries like Spain or Greece. They have been trying to find solutions for years and things only get worse. Why?, because of the corruption of the powerful people. If the easy way gives no solution at all, then there's no other option but the hard way.
    You do understand you're talking about fascism, right?

He didn't killed people because they disagree with him, but because they dared to admire the same psychopath who took his city, his wife and his unborn baby from him.
    That is directly killing them for disagreeing with him? That's exercise, however boneheaded, of free speech, and an official mowing them down in the streets for it. It'd be equivalent to a gaggle of people in the real world non-violently celebrating a terrorist, and the police straight up shooting them and going home.

I'm not justifying or advocating murder, but it sadly proved to be the only solution when everything else failed.
    The second half of that sentence is advocating murder.

...that's literally the exact same as killing Billy Batson. Who is, as noted, a kid.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

3) They were idiots that doesn't mean his response was justified. They have a right to be morons. he doesn't have a right to kill them for it.

4) And Dinah did? Especially after Clark murdered her husband?
    3º) An idiot who doesn't know what it's doing is a very potential danger. What if they have decided to jump into chemical baths to adquire "the essence of the Joker" and became as insane as he was? Would you have liked an army of Jokers causing disasters like Metropolis' all over the world? At the beginning, Superman only wanted to make sure that there won't be a Joker in the world ever again; and suddenly seeing a group of imbeciles admiring his "greatest hits", that was too much for him to handle.

4º) Oliver asked for it. He knew Superman was really unstable and he decided to shoot an arrow? If he hadn't done anything, Superman wouldn't have killed him and listened to his parents. Superman saved their lives during Apokolips' invasion during Year 1; but just like Huntress said, Batman was offended with Ollie and Dinah being alive. So he moved the strings for Superman to kill them both.

So you think that's an acceptable reason to kill people? Okay then.
    No, it's not. But doing that, considering Superman's mental state, it was like throwing a gallon of gasoline to an out-of-control fire.

Yes he did. They're the same person. And even if they're not, Superman still murdered someone just for questioning him.
    He killed him because he called him insane and for mentioning Lois. Shazam could have made Superman being reasonable, but he picked the wrong words in the worst moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    You do understand you're talking about fascism, right?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I'm just saying that desperate times calls for desperate measures. What's the alternative then? Let things keep getting worse without control until society decays at such level than it turns into survival of the fittest?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The second half of that sentence is advocating murder.
    It's not!! It's saying that the worst situations can't deny the need of the most drastic solutions. The Joker was literally a rabid dog, and there's only one way to deal with a rabid dog. How many victims were necesarry for Batman finally realize that? The Joker killed Jason Todd, he let Barbara crippled, he tortured hundreds of innocents, he fulfilled thousands of graves; and after all that, Batman still let him stay alive. Even so, he once saved the Joker's life from the death penalty when he discovered that he was innocent from the latest crimes he was accused.

If Superman had let the Joker live after what he did to him, what would have stopped him from doing something even worse? For example, starting World War III after throwing all nuclear weapons to all the important nations of the world? Because I'm convinced the Joker would have been able to do something like that. Would have been better to let him live to do something like that?

No, it's not. But doing that, considering Superman's mental state, it was like throwing a gallon of gasoline to an out-of-control fire.
    You're victim-blaming. You're saying they deserved to be burned to death for doing literally nothing but speaking their minds.

He killed him because he called him insane and for mentioning Lois. Shazam could have made Superman being reasonable, but he picked the wrong words in the worst moment.
    You really don't seem to understand what constitutes justifiable homicide. I'll give you a hint: this isn't it.
    There is literally not one single thing that makes that situation acceptable. At all.