Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    Batman excels at planning, strategy and detective work. Unmatched really in that area. Marvel guys tend to get caught with their pants down pretty often lol.
    This one here. Marvel seems to have a wealth of "Big Bang Theory stereotypes" like Sheldon who excel in mathematics or pure sciences, but otherwise struggle in fundamentally social science related areas (usually evidence by their relations), or generally understanding human behavior.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think that's selling Reed pretty short. I mean Reed could build a time machine out a paperclip, two potatoes, and some magic markers.
    Well,Pre-Crisis Lex Luthor could do the same with some spare parts and orange juice!!

Seriously,Reed is pretty underrated in leadership department.Silver age Mr Fantastic was a formidable leader who showed that qualities in WWII.Unfortunately,sliding timeline eradicated that and Reed is only superior in science.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

In combat tactics, Captain America might be able to outsmart him, depends on who writes the story

Stark could be the guy but I'd still go with Bruce/Batman ... always ahead of the game

Batman is really really smart. But like others have said it's not really the same type of intellect. And though Bruce is no slouch in terms of his techinical and scientific IQ he is in a different league altogether when it comes to guys like Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner etc. etc.

He's probably one of the best tacticians on the planet (and beyond for that matter) though. His only real equal there I think would be Captain America.

The thing with Batman is that he isn't really the BEST at anything (except maybe tactics and strategy as i said above). He's just like super duper good/smart at everything while falling slighty short of the best.

BANNED

Default Batman IQ 192??

Ok, I've been looking everywhere but what comic is it stated that Batman's IQ is 192?

It states in Countdown to Infinite Crisis that Ted Kord's IQ is 192, but I've never seen anything with Batman's IQ.

Is there a reference for this claim? I here people throw it around ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    When Batman is surrounded by the other members of the JL, or the JLA from the old days he has no problem figuring out situations that even Super Man (who can read medical books and perform surgery in a matter of minutes) can't figure out.

Don't get me wrong; Bruce is one Smart SOB!

I love him.. but I have often wondered where he would fit "Smarts" wise in the Marvel universe. I know he is no Reed Richards, but would he be close??
    Ha, you'd be surprised how little detective work or prep goes on in his own titles.

But even with that, I would say Batman is smarter than just about anyone in Marvel, maybe Dr.Strange can give Bruce some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticx View Post
    Ok, I've been looking everywhere but what comic is it stated that Batman's IQ is 192?

It states in Countdown to Infinite Crisis that Ted Kord's IQ is 192, but I've never seen anything with Batman's IQ.

Is there a reference for this claim? I here people throw it around ALOT.
    If Ted Kord's IQ is 192, he sure wastes a lot of it by goofing off with Booster.