Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Terminator vs Police

Over 30 years later would the police do any better to stop the Terminator? With the new technology of communication now what would happen? Would there be a police chase with the Terminator where he kills 100s of people until the army comes in? What happens with the army?

How many people die until the Terminator is stopped? Thousands?
    Last edited by Ite; 09-20-2016 at 05:20 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Depends on if like before they believe the lady about killer robots. If they DO, then they get her out of there to somewhere a bit more secure.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

More surveillance cameras and the ubiquity of smartphones with cameras means there's likely a better chance the Terminator's true nature gets recorded earlier in the course of its activities, giving the authorities a chance to deploy weapons with a greater chance of hurting it sooner.

The police overall also have a greater arsenal than they did 30 years ago thanks to militarization, to the point where even small towns have police tanks.

Reminds me of T2 when Cyberdyne called cops. They came full swat on Arbie in prep of what terminator 1 did to that LA police station.

Except now even more force will come in time.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

And yet he still won that one.

Hopefully (OK, I mean HE'S hoping, but you get what I meant) Arnie picked up a minigun in that store this time.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Not an expert in police warfare, but it's worth seeing what equipment that the LAPD has now: http://www.lapdonline.org/lapd_equipment

Anyways, I think the Terminator will probably face more challenges and get outnumbered even more and while the police will have a better way of tracking him down before, I still have doubts about the police taking down the T-800. Unless someone can tell me what the strongest weapon the police has, they don't seem to really pack the firepower to take down something that tanked a gasoline truck explosion and kept on going. And I'm betting the Terminator is going to kill a fuckton of people unless it escalates to the national military or something.

The Terminator kills Sting as the other two guys run away.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The Terminator kills Sting as the other two guys run away.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Not an expert in police warfare, but it's worth seeing what equipment that the LAPD has now: http://www.lapdonline.org/lapd_equipment

Anyways, I think the Terminator will probably face more challenges and get outnumbered even more and while the police will have a better way of tracking him down before, I still have doubts about the police taking down the T-800. Unless someone can tell me what the strongest weapon the police has, they don't seem to really pack the firepower to take down something that tanked a gasoline truck explosion and kept on going. And I'm betting the Terminator is going to kill a fuckton of people unless it escalates to the national military or something.
    The only thing that I saw on there that looked like it even might be effective was the berrett M82, and even that's not likely to be a one shot kill versus the terminator.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The only thing that I saw on there that looked like it even might be effective was the berrett M82, and even that's not likely to be a one shot kill versus the terminator.
    The one thing from Genisys that still gets me a little miffed is how they made the T-800 seem weak to .50 bullets in one shot, even when the shot wasn't being aimed straight to the head, despite the fact that the exact same T-800, who later got revived by the new T-1000, was also shown to take at least one grenade launcher shot from Reese to his whole chassis at point-blank range and being temporarily engulfed in fire as a result, without really flinching much.

Because really... a single .50 bullet from a sniper rifle from far away is >>>>>>>>>> at least one big close-range shot from a grenade launcher? *facepalm*

Mighty Member

A single .50 SLAP round is going to be much more effective at penetrating armor than a 40mm grenade. A 40mm grenade is primarily designed to cause damage to flesh via fragmentation, while a .50 SLAP round is designed to penetrate armor (hence the name: saboted light armor penetrator).

BANNED

You might make a decent point there. But I still thought it was plain asinine how the directors of Genisys made a T-800 die to a single .50 bullet. I mean that for me, just really diminishes the great and fearsome character of the T-800 there. The epic nightmare factor of a normal person (even if it's Sarah Connor) having to struggle with throwing nearly everything they can at a T-800, only for the T-800 to keep rising up each time, is just gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    A single .50 SLAP round is going to be much more effective at penetrating armor than a 40mm grenade. A 40mm grenade is primarily designed to cause damage to flesh via fragmentation, while a .50 SLAP round is designed to penetrate armor (hence the name: saboted light armor penetrator).
    While you are right, going by the first movie, neither of those should have been enough to put down the T-800.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    You might make a decent point there. But I still thought it was plain asinine how the directors of Genisys made a T-800 die to a single .50 bullet. I mean that for me, just really diminishes the great and fearsome character of the T-800 there. The epic nightmare factor of a normal person (even if it's Sarah Connor) having to struggle with throwing nearly everything they can at a T-800, only for the T-800 to keep rising up each time, is just gone now.
    Totally agree. That was so pathetic. I like to think Genisys doesn't exist.