Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Totally agree. That was so pathetic. I like to think Genisys doesn't exist.
    Yeah, that movie was a huge let down. Not only was the taking down of T-800 so easily ridiculous, but it easily had the worst acting and silliest and most convoluted plot of all the Terminator movies so far.

Also, John Connor being turned into a villain seemed to betray one of the core elements of the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Yeah, that movie was a huge let down. Not only was the taking down of T-800 so easily ridiculous, but it easily had the worst acting and silliest and most convoluted plot of all the Terminator movies so far.

Also, John Connor being turned into a villain seemed to betray one of the core elements of the movies.
    To be honest, I actually thought John Connor being a villain was an interesting surprise twist, even if it is the most ironic and paradoxical one for the entire franchise. I mean the idea of a villain organization turning the foremost good guy that has been frustrating them the most for years, into someone who's on their side makes for quite the shock moment in cinematic history.

But yeah, portraying the T-800 as a pussy compared to the previous installments was a real slap in the face for the Terminator's character. I would have excused such poor plot point, if they had made it a gun that was super-powerful and specially designed to be an Anti-Terminator weapon to shred the Terminator when all other firearms below its paygrade have failed, it certainly would have made the most sense out of it that way.

Mighty Member

Actually, in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Reece took down a terminator with a .50 cal and in Salvation John Connor was finishing off endoskeletons with an HK416 (although this was used against an earlier era terminator which may have less armor).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    To be honest, I actually thought John Connor being a villain was an interesting surprise twist, even if it is the most ironic and paradoxical one for the entire franchise. I mean the idea of a villain organization turning the foremost good guy that has been frustrating them the most for years, into someone who's on their side makes for quite the shock moment in cinematic history.

But yeah, portraying the T-800 as a pussy compared to the previous installments was a real slap in the face for the Terminator's character. I would have excused such poor plot point, if they had made it a gun that was super-powerful and specially designed to be an Anti-Terminator weapon to shred the Terminator when all other firearms below its paygrade have failed, it certainly would have made the most sense out of it that way.
    Yeah, that plot point did bother me a little bit. Overall, I think Genisys is pretty entertaining and a solid flick. I liked it far more than Rise of the Machines or Salvation. I don't think it deserves the RT score it has one bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Yeah, that plot point did bother me a little bit. Overall, I think Genisys is pretty entertaining and a solid flick. I liked it far more than Rise of the Machines or Salvation. I don't think it deserves the RT score it has one bit.
    Oh Genisys is definitely a better film than the third and fourth by FAR. But the third and fourth did much more convincing jobs portraying how powerful a Terminator truly is.

Oh Genisys is definitely a better film than the third and fourth by FAR. But the third and fourth did much more convincing jobs portraying how powerful a Terminator truly is.
    I don't know, I liked Rise of the Machines, though I agree that Salvation could've been better(but I still say it beats Genisys).

Nonetheless, I figure we can all agree that Judgement Day was the best and the first Terminator movie was second place.

Actually aside from the .50 cal penetrating a Terminator. I think they were portrayed as stronger (and heavier) then ever. Kyle reese was able to stagger a T-800 in the original with a metal bar to the head. That fails to move the Terminator at all in Genisys and bends the bar.

As for the rumble. I think eventually ANY Terminator goes down in the real world. Numbers and all. Casualties will be high at first. But once the big guns come in it's game over in less then an hour I think.

Mighty Member

Nonetheless, I figure we can all agree that Judgement Day was the best and the first Terminator movie was second place.
    I like the original better myself. Mostly because I find John annoying.

BANNED

It was complete garbage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Actually, in The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Reece took down a terminator with a .50 cal and in Salvation John Connor was finishing off endoskeletons with an HK416 (although this was used against an earlier era terminator which may have less armor).
    Sarah Connor Cronicles was lame as well and not canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Actually aside from the .50 cal penetrating a Terminator. I think they were portrayed as stronger (and heavier) then ever. Kyle reese was able to stagger a T-800 in the original with a metal bar to the head. That fails to move the Terminator at all in Genisys and bends the bar.

As for the rumble. I think eventually ANY Terminator goes down in the real world. Numbers and all. Casualties will be high at first. But once the big guns come in it's game over in less then an hour I think.
    How many people do you think die?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I like the original better myself. Mostly because I find John annoying.
    Me too T2 doesn't hold well at all anymore. I used to love it now I have a hard time sitting through it.

BANNED

T3 was way better than Genishyts.

No, they don't stop him. It goes exactly the same as before, only the police are using better stuff when they fail to stop him. If the Terminator starts using the kind of incredible physical strength the later movies shows on humans, I'm sure the police would start freaking the **** out even harder than you see in the first Terminator movie. It would be scary enough to see guns not even slowing some guy attacking the station down, would be even scarier if you saw him just grabbing people and ripping them apart limb from limb. I mean, what would someone even think if dropped into that situation seeing what looks like a person doing that kind of thing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Sarah Connor Cronicles was lame as well and not canon.
    Yeah I agree... the Sarah Connor Chronicles was pretty cheesy and meh and the Terminators were also pretty piss-weak and lame, with the exception of T-1001 and maybe Cameron...