Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lying on my couch, in underwear and a t-shirt and with a beer. Stay comfortable first, please.

I prefer buy the physical edition if I can. I like the smell of the new paper and the tact when I turned the pages.

Digital (due to space issues) and TPBs occasionally.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

On a tablet.
    But i smell and fondle a notebook whilst doing it.

Fantastic Member

Exclusively digital, typically on my iPad. While I do own several thousand hard copies (which I wish I could easily convert to digital), I don't have the space for more books.

Also, I don't buy any monthly series. I only by what's on sale at Comixology. One exception: I recently borrowed the third compendium of The Walking Dead from the library and read that on the subway.

Extraordinary Member

I bought an Amazon tablet for the sole purpose of reading comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    On a tablet.
    But i smell and fondle a notebook whilst doing it.
    Maybe you think is stupid, but yeah, I like the smell of new books and comics. And I like keep a book or a comic in the hands better than a laptop or something like that. Old habits die hard, and I like these old habits.

Apart when I go to the comic store is a perfect excuse to see old friends, eat something with them or drink some beers in the bar.

Almost all digital on the Kindle Fire, Do do how ever go to the comic book store twice a month, I don't read the ones I get just board and bag them. I one to keep supporting my local comic book shop (they are awesome people) and two who know they may be worth something some day.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I read mostly trades and OGNs. If I really like a comic or I can't find a trade for it I'll buy floppies from time to time. I have gotten gigs of comics digitally through various means over the years but I prefer to read print. Maybe if I had a tablet with a decent resolution I would read digital more but unless if I'm going on a long trip I prefer print.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    Lying on my couch, in underwear and a t-shirt and with a beer. Stay comfortable first, please.
    I appreciate your candor.

Any particular beer?

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Do you read hard copies monthly?
    Do you read hard copies of collections?
    Do you read some hard copies and some digital?
    Do you read exclusively digital?
    A little of everything. I pull hard copies of a handful of my favorites because I want to support my LCS, but the cost and storage requirements have nudged me towards digital.

Since I'm a Marvel guy, Marvel Unlimited is the source of most of my comic book reading.

Anything else comes from Comixology.

I don't care for Guided View, so I use a tablet that's big enough for me to read in full-page mode.

And here's another question: How much do you pay for your digital comics, if you read digital comics. On Comixology, the price for a new Marvel comic is the same as a hard copy. Most, if not all Image comics are the same price for new comics, but a month later, the price goes down a dollar. I'm patient, so I always buy Saga, Outcast and Invincible when the price is reduced.
    I don't pay full price for a digital comic if I can help it. It's just not worth the money. I'll wait until the publisher drops the price or has a good sale.

What are your thoughts on all this?
    I like the tactile experience of dead-tree comics, I like being able to swap/lend/borrow them, and I want to support my LCS.

However, those issues are minor compared to my budget and my lack of storage. I have a wife and kids to care for, and we live in a small house. Downsizing my collection and embracing digital was the right choice.

Over the last couple of years I have slowly moved to reading my comics on Comixology exclusively. I only buy 1 paper comic a month; The Walking Dead. And to be honest, had I had some foresight, I would have switched TWD to digital starting with 127. But I didn't, and now my sense of continuity, and my desire to visit my favorite comic shop from time to time, keeps me buying the hard copy. I have worried a little about comic shops going under if the digital comics wave overtakes them.

I visited a comic shop in Bethany Beach DE this past summer, and engaged the owner in conversation about this very thing. His take on it was that the percentage of readers who read exclusively digital is so small, he didn't see it as an imminent threat.

I'm really curious how you all are reading your comics now.
    How do you feel about going all-digital? Do you feel that you're missing out on anything? Does the disparity between your digital and physical collections bug you?

Left to right, top to bottom, unless the artist has some weird panel lay out.

I'm mostly digital these days, though I pick up the odd trade. I don't touch monthlies or magazine format. I grew up with them and love the physical form; but, economic realities say no. Too expensive for too little story. Digital allows me to sample more and collect a great breadth of material. I don't mind reading them on the computer; it's pretty handing for flipping through to find something in one and allows me to set the magnification to match my poor vision. I wear bifocals and reading physical books is an exercise of bobbing your head around, moving your arms back and forth, trying to figure out which lens gives you the better view. I don't have to do that on a computer. I still almost entirely read books in the physical form, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I appreciate your candor.

Any particular beer?

It's a beer from Spain. My favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post

It's a beer from Spain. My favourite.
    I've had that one! Discovered it on a business trip to Spain a few years ago. Fantastic beer.

BANNED

Am I the only one that sometimes reads comics and books backwards? Like, I start with the last page and just go back from there. Usually this is with something I've already read.

As someone who has always been 99% digital, I will admit that reading real books is a pleasant experience. I have been reading OGN/Trades from teh library a lot more lately (classic stuff like Watchmen, old batman trades, ect) and I do enjoy it more.

But there is no way I would want all that garbage in my house.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html