Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

At first it bothered me, to be honest. But, after a couple of years, and seeing my digital collection grow, I became at peace with it. I am slowly buying back issues of Uncanny X-Men on Comixology. My goal is to eventually have the entire Uncanny X-Men series digitally.

But also, with the reboots and Marvel NOW's happening, there have been plenty of opportunities to "start fresh" digitally. So I don't miss the paper comics at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    How do you feel about going all-digital? Do you feel that you're missing out on anything? Does the disparity between your digital and physical collections bug you?
    At first it bothered me, to be honest. But, after a couple of years, and seeing my digital collection grow, I became at peace with it. I am slowly buying back issues of Uncanny X-Men on Comixology. My goal is to eventually have the entire Uncanny X-Men series digitally.

But also, with the reboots and Marvel NOW's happening, there have been plenty of opportunities to "start fresh" digitally. So I don't miss the paper comics at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post

Like the saying goes, every good jumping-on point is a good jumping-off point. Marvel's constant rebooting is a big part of what has led me to cut back on my spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Am I the only one that sometimes reads comics and books backwards? Like, I start with the last page and just go back from there. Usually this is with something I've already read.
    Unless it's manga, you're doing it wrong.

BANNED

I still read my old comic books the old fashioned way. regular single issues along with a few trade paperback collections i get off of amazon.

Plus I need to get a new long box anyway for my old comics

99.9% digital & I usually read & delete to save room on my tablet. However, I collect the rare Omnibus if I deem it worthy enough. New printing of Tomb of Dracula, I'm looking for you.

I do like stopping into a new comic store in my travels & I almost always find something cool to buy that's not a floppy.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I still buy my comic books at the comic book stores.
    The physical copies are terrific.

I'll buy trades usually at Barnes and Noble, and I really can't recall buying trades at the comic book stores. Maybe I did but I can't recall which ones exactly if any.

Amazing Member

It's digital for me more and more especially since I got Marvel Unlimited - one of the wonders of the Modern World. The only comics that don't seem to transfer well are European Album style comics. I've looked at some on Comixology and the text can be too small but then I am getting old.

Physical almost exclusively. I peel the sticker for my free digital copy, then I let my buddies who are "curious" read digitally from that.

They've gotten to the point where they actively ask me if the new issue has been released for certain series ... so some of them I may tell them it's time to support the writer and start buying
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 09-23-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Am I the only one that sometimes reads comics and books backwards? Like, I start with the last page and just go back from there. Usually this is with something I've already read.
    Nope, thats me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Do you read hard copies monthly?
    Do you read hard copies of collections?
    Do you read some hard copies and some digital?
    Do you read exclusively digital?
    When it comes to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Power Rangers those comics I always buy the monthlies also sometimes one or two other Marvel or DC comic that catches my attention. I also like to buy the trades or hard covers too, usually those are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and X-men. I also just started Marvel Unlimited like a month ago and I'm loving it so far. Its a great way for me to try new comics easily to see if I would like them or not. Because of it I've gotten into Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four, Uncanny Avengers, and Thor (Jane Foster) I will probably buy their trades and monthlies to catch up.

Overall I think I prefer having the hard copy over digital but I do think its easier and cheaper to try new stuff on digital. So they both have their pluses.

Does DC have their own version of "Marvel Unlimited"?

50% digital
    30% print singles
    20% Trade paperbacks

I prefer comics on print, but I travel a lot and in those cases digital is perfect. I have to confess that I don't take any special care of my comic books, I save them to read again but I'm rather careless of their state as long as they are readable.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex94 View Post
    I prefer comics on print, but I travel a lot and in those cases digital is perfect. I have to confess that I don't take any special care of my comic books, I save them to read again but I'm rather careless of their state as long as they are readable.
    Thats me too. A lot of them are in good shape but you can easily tell which ones are my favorite because they are the ones that are missing covers or ripped. XD

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Thats me too. A lot of them are in good shape but you can easily tell which ones are my favorite because they are the ones that are missing covers or ripped. XD
    We are monsters!!!

bookmark-v-s-dog-ear.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    I still read my old comic books the old fashioned way. regular single issues along with a few trade paperback collections i get off of amazon.

Plus I need to get a new long box anyway for my old comics
    You mean roll them up, stick them in your back pocket for the bike ride home; then lay them on the floor and lie face down to read, with a glass of milk and a chocolate cupcake, spilling both over the comic? Yeah, you can't beat that!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm exclusively digital for my monthly pull these days. I find it to be more convenient for my lifestyle at this point. I do however still buy physical trades on Amazon for books I particularly enjoyed.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG