Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Her Ms. Marvel outfit was fun but a little too impractical and doesn't make a whole lot of sense for who she is now.
    I will concede that it wasn't the most practical outfit for interstellar space travel but I still miss it, mainly because I'm a big Dave Cockrum fan and I hate to see one of his designs go to waste.

Maybe Marvel should re-assign the black costume and the Warbird codename to a new character if Carol isn't going to be using them anymore.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Leinil Yu? With a couple of small tweaks. E really works imo.
    Agreed, ditch the mask unless she's space bound, give her the short hair from her current run and add a sash. Boom done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I will concede that it wasn't the most practical outfit for interstellar space travel but I still miss it, mainly because I'm a big Dave Cockrum fan and I hate to see one of his designs go to waste.

Maybe Marvel should re-assign the black costume and the Warbird codename to a new character if Carol isn't going to be using them anymore.
    "Marvel Woman" was seem wearing it on New Avengers. But she's an Alternate Future character who appeared like twice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Dave Cockrum's classic black costume redesign!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is pretty cool. Feels vaguely similar to the N7 combat armors in Mass Effect, and Female Commander Shepard did voice Carol Danvers in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    Really? Same voice actress? That's nice to know! Thanks for the info.

Mighty Member

THIS is the costume that needs to be fully realized.....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Really? Same voice actress? That's nice to know! Thanks for the info.
    You're welcome. And Ragged Maw, that is a pretty intriguing design, like Ultimate Captain Marvel with the colors of 616 Captain Marvel(s).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There probably should be a professional costume designer for Marvel, or at least someone to edit the designs of the artists who'll have the most regular art duties on any particular character so that the design reflects the character, even if some "cool" or "sexy" points get lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And hopefully, we wouldnt end up with Spider-woman's street clothes either.
    Oh yeah, I so agree

Carol's best costume by far!!!

Captain Marvel ar.jpg

I am surprised the costume references in the latest issue haven't come up in this tread. The TV version of Danvers is clearly a commentary on how character and costume have been handled in comics, and how they sometimes clash with the professional position Danvers is now in.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am surprised the costume references in the latest issue haven't come up in this tread. The TV version of Danvers is clearly a commentary on how character and costume have been handled in comics, and how they sometimes clash with the professional position Danvers is now in.
    Talking about this one?? I like the hair nice compromise but it is missing her signature sash...

Carol_Danvers_(Earth-12041)_from_Marvel_Super_Hero_Adventures_Frost_Fight.jpg

Also the helmet looks pretty good

Carol_Danvers.jpg

No the reference to the TV show in The Mighty Captain Marvel #1 in which it is made clear Carol has already had a bone to pick about costume and still isn't quite happy.

Digital-The-Mighty-Captain-Marvel-V2016-#1-(2017_3)---Page-3.jpg

The actual costume is only subtly different to that one now, because Ramon Rosanas has made a choice to clean up the lines and at least obscure if not remove the disc on the sash. The only things breaking the clean line are the boot details, the glove details and the pouches.

Digital-The-Mighty-Captain-Marvel-V2016-#1-(2017_3)---Page-14.jpg

There is a clear departure from her image in the last volume and also the image on the front cover.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-19-2017 at 07:55 AM.

BANNED

I still miss the simplicity of her classic black costume designed by Dave Cockrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Was it black? I always though it was dark blue in color,kinda similar to Thor's original costume?
    I noticed in Ms. Marvel's depiction the dark blue blended in. I didn't see that in Warbird's depiction.

Why should practicality matter when dealing with superhero costumes? Any character with a cape is highly impractical, but capes are cool.

I think the original Cockrum design is one of the best costume designs ever, male or female. That's the thing about many of the classic costumes: they had flair and they made a lasting impression. Modern designs are too "hard sci-fi" for my tastes. Superhero's should look like superheros even if they look slightly ridiculous by real world standards.

BANNED

I wish they'd let her grow her hair out again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Talking about this one?? I like the hair nice compromise but it is missing her signature sash...

Carol_Danvers_(Earth-12041)_from_Marvel_Super_Hero_Adventures_Frost_Fight.jpg
    My eyes! The goggles... they do nothing! Dx