Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You know, now that you mention it, both these guys look an awful lot like Superman
    You don't say.

Btw, it's the cap that makes Superdad's disguise work.

Hey just another reason to ignore Action Comics right now!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hey just another reason to ignore Action Comics right now!
    God I wish this book was so weak--but when you set it next to Superman #7 or Trinity issue #1 it just looks kinda meh. I've basically made my mind up that Tom King is eventually gonna take over Action Comics. I'm just waiting for that, then everything will be perfect!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

God I wish this book was so weak--but when you set it next to Superman #7 or Trinity issue #1 it just looks kinda meh. I've basically made my mind up that Tom King is eventually gonna take over Action Comics. I'm just waiting for that, then everything will be perfect!
    Keep waiting. For the foreseeable future, King will be busy writing Batman twice a month.

This is what I imagine Tom King looks like over on the Batman side looking at the Superman books.

Don't be sad Mr. King, we'd love to have you over, but lose the cowl

Seriously though, I just read a comment about how envious a Batman fan was of the current Superman line. I'm personally diggin' King's Batman, but it doesn't seem to resonate with other Bat fans. This, plus his interest in the character, are my main sources of hope. I think he'd fit in well with current Superman.

Incredible Member

Seriously though, I just read a comment about how envious a Batman fan was of the current Superman line.
    It's like we're on Bizarro World.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This is what I imagine Tom King looks like over on the Batman side looking at the Superman books.

Don't be sad Mr. King, we'd love to have you over, but lose the cowl

Seriously though, I just read a comment about how envious a Batman fan was of the current Superman line. I'm personally diggin' King's Batman, but it doesn't seem to resonate with other Bat fans. This, plus his interest in the character, are my main sources of hope. I think he'd fit in well with current Superman.
    Actually I'm envious of the Superman line right now myself. I'd like to see what King would do with Superman and because I happen to think he's a brillant writer who would have a lot to offer and I'm enjoying what he's doing on Batman even if some people here seem not to be. As much as I love him on Batman I think Superman might be better fit for him. That being said I don't really see him jumping the fence for the foreseeable future only because of the overarching Rebirth story. I believe they fully intend to leave creative teams in place for tbe next few years unless they are extremely badly received because of that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 09-21-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    It's like we're on Bizarro World.
    I'm in my early twenties and still never thought I'd see this day lol

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Actually I'm envious of the Superman line right now myself. I'd like to see what King would do with Superman and because I happen to think he's a brillant writer who would have a lot to offer and I'm enjoying what he's doing on Batman even if some people here seem not to be. As much as I love him on Batman I think Superman might be better fit for him. That being said I don't really see him jumping the fence for the foreseeable future only because of the overarching Rebirth story. I believe they fully intend to leave creative teams in place for tbe next few years unless they are extremely badly received because of that.
    You make a good point. As much as I think King would fit like a glove over, I can agree with the idea of letting the creative teams stick. Hell, I'm being greedy more than anything lol Though, maybe a guest written issue or something like that isn't out of the question. I remember he wrote a Black Lightning/Superman issue deal with some VERY current issues. I think that's still going to be used sometime in the future (with some editing to fit the current DCU) . Maybe depending on how well it does, King might get a guest issue of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And while certainly a nice man, Mr Branden sure does seem intent on getting Jon in the company of a doctor....hmm.
    Well, it was a nasty fall...

(maybe he's worried that, as happy and cheery as the family seems to be, Jon might be being abused (it's an extreme, I know, but...))

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Well, it was a nasty fall...

(maybe he's worried that, as happy and cheery as the family seems to be, Jon might be being abused (it's an extreme, I know, but...))
    It's a a hint for the arc after the Dinosaur island two-parter.

I think Kathy told her grandfather what she saw Jon do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    This issue confirmed a conviction that's been building up in me for awhile now: Tomasi should not be writing regular superhero comics. His action scenes are crap, his plot exposition is always rough, his coolest ideas are always in passing. Except the pretty celebratory last issue, the whole of his first arc bore that out. It's when he just has people talking that his comics work, hence why this was the best issue of a mainline Superman comic in at least a year, and of the Superman book proper since...Busiek's run 7+ years ago? Everything about this was perfect, enough that I'm going to try the next few issues on the hope that he was just coasting through editorial mandate for the first arc and now his run is really going to begin. But even in the likely event he continues to be in my opinion unsuited to write regular Superman comics, I'd set down money every month for the rest of my life on his Smith Family stories with Jimenez. The timeline stuff still needs - needs - to be corrected, but this is the first thing to come out of the whole Superman Rebirth debacle to make me think that I could definitely be okay with this being The Superman going forward.
    I didn't Tomasi was a good writer outside of writing stories focused on villains, but after Superman #51 I should have recognized tighter character interactions as one of his strengths.

I didn't think that issue was as good as everyone else did, but it was a good issue because of the focus on Clark and Lana's friendship, and the bits with Superman and Krypto. What dragged that issue down was the other bits of the issue that were setting up the rest of Final Days, with the Solar Superman and Dr. Omen.

This issue had none of those problems.

When I think about it, this is the best issue of the Superman book since Busiek's run, and that's really disappointing. Not that this issue was bad, but it just reminds how long it's been since this book has had stories that were above average.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Looks like I'll have an exciting read this weekend with Superman, can't wait to see it. On the Tom King end, I'm liking what he's doing with Batman right now, although I wasn't 100% behind the vision story at Marvel due to some character development for one character I didn't really like, but still he's doing a great job. Honestly I think Both lines are doing well, as is Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Aquaman is fun, and Superman's appearance there was actually pretty solid, and most of the other comics are doing well enough to keep in the top 10 and top 20. What's funny is that DC right now has some of the writers that were pulling in a lot of fun into marvel in some cases. If you want to talk about envy, just look at the Marvel boards right now, lots of complaints about DC being on top for once.

Astonishing Member

Now that's more like it.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

This issue was a lot of fun. It made me realize just how much I miss one shot stories. It's rare to get a good single issue story these days, so I really appreciated this one. The last two pages made me laugh out loud too. I like that Clark and Lois are taking more of an interest in being part of the community. I got the impression that Mr. Branden is worried about Jon, which will likely lead to some secret identity drama down the line. He's probably worried Jon isn't getting proper care and looking out for the boy, which means the drama will be coming from a good place. That makes it more interesting to me, rather than some kind of villainous threat. Lots of fun things to enjoy in this issue though. I do enjoy the "night off" and "a day in the life of" kind of stories. It was sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I got the impression that Mr. Branden is worried about Jon, which will likely lead to some secret identity drama down the line. He's probably worried Jon isn't getting proper care and looking out for the boy, which means the drama will be coming from a good place. That makes it more interesting to me, rather than some kind of villainous threat.
    Was starting to think I was the only one thinking along these lines (have to admit, I'll be disappointed if he does turn out to be villainous).