View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chew #58

1 4.76%
  • Demonic #2 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Horizon #3

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #9

0 0%
  • Invisible Republic #11

2 9.52%
  • Manifest Destiny #23

4 19.05%
  • Mechanism #3

0 0%
  • Ringside #7

1 4.76%
  • Rumble #14

1 4.76%
  • Savage Dragon #216

3 14.29%
  • Seven To Eternity #1

7 33.33%
  • She Wolf #4

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine 1831 (one-shot)

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 38 - Seven To Eternity (and beyond!)

(Yeah that title doesn't quite work with Buzz Lightyear's line, sorry.)
    Anyway, welcome back to another edition of our weekly Image poll! Let's chat about new comics and vote for your favourite.

Last week's votes were divided up very evenly for the most part, but the Hickman/Coker/Satan series Black Monday Murders juuust managed to pull ahead of perennial forum favourite Stray Bullets. Two wins in a row for BMM, not bad!

Let's look at this week: Invisible Republic begins a new storyline for those interested to jump aboard this gorgeous sci-fi comic, She Wolf ends its first storyline by casually summoning a demon from Hell, Snotgirl's first issue gets a reprint since it sold out everywhere, and Savage Dragon gets a big issue too: finally Erik Larsen's character Ant shows up, and the gears are turning for a cross-over with Spawn!

There's also new stuff though. First up is Rick Remender's newest fantasy series Seven To Eternity! With Jerome Opeña and Matt Hollingsworth on art, this tells the story of a disgraced knight banding up with a bunch of sadsack magicians on a mission to kill God. As you do. Remender's been on fire the past year or more, so expectations are surely high here.

Second up, The Wicked + The Divine 1831 is a one-shot spin-off from the popular series. This is a romance story set in the nineteenth century starring our beloved cast. Weirdly it won't be included in the upcoming trade... a bonus for monthly readers I guess?

259006.jpg 259023.jpg

My temporary ban is lifted just in time for... nothing this week from Image. Picking up four Dark Horse books this week, though.

I would have voted for Black Monday Murders last week. (edit: poll still open, so I voted for it.)

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    My temporary ban is lifted just in time for... nothing this week from Image. Picking up four Dark Horse books this week, though.

I would have voted for Black Monday Murders last week. (edit: poll still open, so I voted for it.)
    Welcome back. Don't think you should've gotten the ban hammer, but what do I know?

So, I voted for Seven to Eternity because it's the only book from Image I'm getting this week.

I don't know who banned me, but it wasn't for anything in this forum. Which is to say, I know why I was banned. That's all I'll say about it.
    Last edited by Joker; 09-21-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Chew #58
    Horizon #3
    I Hate Fairyland #9
    Manifest Destiny #23
    Rumble #14
    Seven to Eternity #1
    The Wicked + The Divine 1831

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm sooooooo far behind on everything with Image. I don't know why, but I'm just not enthused to read most of their work lately.

Instead, I'll spotlight two things. An Image book I did read but coming in the future and a manga that did come out this week.

Moonshine #1 by the creative team of 100 Bullets. Image nicely provided an advanced copy of it to review. I'll talk more about it when it officially releases, but i'll say it was alright, but needed a bit more to be great. Though I do look forward to reading the next issue of it.

The manga was Goodnight Punpun Vol. 3. Fantastic series, but emotionally draining and exhausting. Seriously, unless you are in the right state of mind, this is not the series to be reading. Though if you are, this is quite possibly the best and most fascinating coming of age/character study series I have read this year or in the past few years. I don't think anything from any American publisher comes close to this thing.

Just Manifest Destiny from my pull. But I'll also most likely be picking up Seven to Eternity as well.

Seven To Eternity, Chew, Manifest Destiny

Probably voting StE.

Vision #11 was the best comic to drop today if we take all publishers into account. In a year of lack-luster **** like Civil War II, watching Vision throw down against the Avengers was a return to Hickman quality storytelling.

Marvel offered up my favorite reads of the week (Vision, Karnak)

But Image had some goodies too and I'm torn between Wic/Div and Invisible Republic. They were equals on a first reading, so I'll have to vote later after I give them a second go.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Second up, The Wicked + The Divine 1831 is a one-shot spin-off from the popular series. This is a romance story set in the nineteenth century starring our beloved cast. Weirdly it won't be included in the upcoming trade... a bonus for monthly readers I guess?
    All the one-shots will included in their own trade after the series is over.

Wicdiv is my only Image read for this week. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Vision #11 was the best comic to drop today if we take all publishers into account. In a year of lack-luster **** like Civil War II, watching Vision throw down against the Avengers was a return to Hickman quality storytelling.
    I read the first trade of this recently! Really impressed for the most part... and then they went and included a bunch of Avengers. I understand the appeal of that, but it kinda felt like the most obvious route to go? Had secretly hoped it would just be a ponderous, small-scale story about android living into a suburb and the resulting angry neighbours. Didn't really need Storm and Captain America to show up, imo. But cool to hear it's at least nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
    All the one-shots will included in their own trade after the series is over.

Wicdiv is my only Image read for this week. Loved it.
    Ah that explains it, makes some sense since the reading order is obviously unaffected by events set way in the past.

voted for Seven To Eternity. Love the art, even if the plot was all set-up

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    I read the first trade of this recently! Really impressed for the most part... and then they went and included a bunch of Avengers. I understand the appeal of that, but it kinda felt like the most obvious route to go? Had secretly hoped it would just be a ponderous, small-scale story about android living into a suburb and the resulting angry neighbours. Didn't really need Storm and Captain America to show up, imo. But cool to hear it's at least nicely done!
    The Avengers are downplayed and are mainly there as metaphors for the cops having to deal with the Vision's domestic disputes. The newest issue had the Avengers poke their noses into Vision's family issues and he taught them a lesson about minding their own damn business. Well, he was also trying to murder someone, so the Avengers were maybe justified for interfering. I'm with Vision, I would have tried to murder that dude too, the Avengers are too uptight and need to get down with capital punishment.

Wow - Seven to Eternity was great. I just love what Remender is writing and the Artwork was out of this world!!

Invisible Republic was also great, it's a shame that this book is getting so little press.

Manifest Destiny got my vote.

Seven to Eternity didn't do that much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by caramon View Post
    Invisible Republic was also great, it's a shame that this book is getting so little press.
    So I actually tried this one out this week, since it was billed as a good jump-on point. I've probably missed a few key points, but it's truly a gorgeous book and I read comics mostly for the art anyway. Voted for it too, think I'll go back to issue 1 at some point in order to really get the story.