View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chew #58

1 4.76%
  • Demonic #2 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Horizon #3

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #9

0 0%
  • Invisible Republic #11

2 9.52%
  • Manifest Destiny #23

4 19.05%
  • Mechanism #3

0 0%
  • Ringside #7

1 4.76%
  • Rumble #14

1 4.76%
  • Savage Dragon #216

3 14.29%
  • Seven To Eternity #1

7 33.33%
  • She Wolf #4

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine 1831 (one-shot)

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Moonshine #1 by the creative team of 100 Bullets. Image nicely provided an advanced copy of it to review. I'll talk more about it when it officially releases, but i'll say it was alright, but needed a bit more to be great. Though I do look forward to reading the next issue of it.
    Sounds like most of Image's #1's over the last few months. Only Kill or Be Killed has really blown me away so far.

Amazing Member

picked up a lot of this weeks releases, (Horizon, Manifest Destiny, Mechanism, W+D 1831 and invisible republic) but I had trouble getting ahold of Seven to Eternity. Every single shop in my town was already sold out of it by the time I went to pick up my stuff Saturday morning. I called around and everyone was out, except one shop that had copies, but already jacked up to 9.95 a copy.....for a new comic only out 4 days. I wish I could be like most people on here that get to say how much they love their LCS, but the LCS for me is terrible. they have a HUGE selection of back issue comics, but they never get enough of the new comics each week, and all of those back issues.....WAY overpriced. guess it will be a little while before I get a chance to grab a copy of this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    So I actually tried this one out this week, since it was billed as a good jump-on point. I've probably missed a few key points, but it's truly a gorgeous book and I read comics mostly for the art anyway. Voted for it too, think I'll go back to issue 1 at some point in order to really get the story.
    I don't know about this as a jump-on point, as it spoils one of the major plot points of the first two trades, but that's sick you tried it, it needs more love. Definitely worth picking up earlier issues. I'm gonna vote for it too because while it's the only image book I got this week, it deserves a nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosaltenberg View Post
    picked up a lot of this weeks releases, (Horizon, Manifest Destiny, Mechanism, W+D 1831 and invisible republic) but I had trouble getting ahold of Seven to Eternity. Every single shop in my town was already sold out of it by the time I went to pick up my stuff Saturday morning. I called around and everyone was out, except one shop that had copies, but already jacked up to 9.95 a copy.....for a new comic only out 4 days. I wish I could be like most people on here that get to say how much they love their LCS, but the LCS for me is terrible. they have a HUGE selection of back issue comics, but they never get enough of the new comics each week, and all of those back issues.....WAY overpriced. guess it will be a little while before I get a chance to grab a copy of this book.
    That's kind of garbage yeah! Sure it's a valid business decision, but not exactly customer-friendly imo. Could be they're going to reprint it though if it's in such high demand, a lot of Image books are getting reprints lately. Alternatively you could try to go digital for this one, although this one isn't discounted on Image's website like many are (haven't checked Comixology since I don't love the app). Last option: just wait for the trade. If it's a 10$ trade that's literally the same as the one issue from this retailer!

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    I don't know about this as a jump-on point, as it spoils one of the major plot points of the first two trades, but that's sick you tried it, it needs more love. Definitely worth picking up earlier issues. I'm gonna vote for it too because while it's the only image book I got this week, it deserves a nod.
    Yeah I'm trying to care less about always starting at the beginning. Never used to read comics that way, so not sure why I'm doing it now. Sure there was some stuff that I didn't get and revelations that were clearly only a big deal once you know what comes before, but it looked amazing so I gave it a shot. Will track down the trades at some point for sure!

Not starting an Image title at the beginning seems very strange to me.

[QUOTE=TotalSnorefest;2316903]So I actually tried this one out this week, since it was billed as a good jump

You should the art is so top notch and the story is not any less.......

Nerd Church Radio NerdChurchRadio's Avatar

Seven to Eternity was amazing. That's my opinion. Prolly the best Image book I've read in a hot minute.