Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

(please let me know if the pic shows)

Brüsel, by the great team of Schuiten and Peeters.
    Oh, god, yes; Schuiten. Of course, he has an advantage, being the son of an architect and producing a series translated as the Cities of the Fantastic. I first saw A Fever in Urbicand in Cheval Noir, from Dark Horse (the 1st issue) and was intrigued. Later, I got a catalog from NBM and immediately ordered Great Walls of Samaris, Fever in Urbicand, and The Tower (as well as Druillet's Lone Sloane). I've colelcted them ever since. The Book of Schuiten is a gorgeous collection of his art, from the cityscapes, to the transport, to dreamworlds. He's one part Le Corbusier, one part Winsor McCay, one part .....I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Every time I read that The Fifth Element was a rip-off of Harry Canyon, in Heavy Metal (the movie), I told the person to go read The Long Tomorrow and see where Heavy Metal swiped it, since Moebius and O'Bannon didn't agree for them to adapt it (nor did Moebius agree to Arzach being used, leading to Tarna). I then reminded them that Moebius was one of the conceptual designers.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Daredevil Black and White

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow...lots of great covers already.

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Oh, god, yes; Schuiten. Of course, he has an advantage, being the son of an architect and producing a series translated as the Cities of the Fantastic. I first saw A Fever in Urbicand in Cheval Noir, from Dark Horse (the 1st issue) and was intrigued. Later, I got a catalog from NBM and immediately ordered Great Walls of Samaris, Fever in Urbicand, and The Tower (as well as Druillet's Lone Sloane). I've colelcted them ever since. The Book of Schuiten is a gorgeous collection of his art, from the cityscapes, to the transport, to dreamworlds. He's one part Le Corbusier, one part Winsor McCay, one part .....I don't know.
    A bit of Jorge Luis Borges?

Great theme for this week contest and already many wonders... I'm really eager to see what comes next.

BANNED

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Very Nice Idea for a Cover Contest Iron Maiden and Thanks to It I get to Post Another of my New-Age Favorite Covers, So THANKS ALLOT for that!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

I'm tired of this dirty old city
    Entirely too much work and never enough play
    And I'm tired of these dirty old sidewalks
    Think I'll walk off my steady job today

A stunning piece of design by Michael Golden.
    Last edited by foxley; 09-21-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Giving the artist credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    A bit of Jorge Luis Borges?

Great theme for this week contest and already many wonders... I'm really eager to see what comes next.
    Excellent; I was trying to think of the right literary similarity. Borges fits. Of course, that's not to devalue Benoit Peeters writing. Their work, and several other European creators make me think, "Why can't more American comics be like this? Then you realise that most European comics aren't like this. That's what makes it so great. I feel the same way when I read Dean Motter's Terminal City and Electropolis. Somewhat similar paths, though with a different style to it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I'm tired of this dirty old city
    Entirely too much work and never enough play
    And I'm tired of these dirty old sidewalks
    Think I'll walk off my steady job today
    The Hag!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage