Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I can't agree with that. While Magneto may have been wrong about Ulysses being used as a weapon, he isn't wrong about the fact that mutantkind is headed towards extinction. As we now know from IvX, there will come a point that should a solution not be found, Earth will become uninhabitable for mutants and, even if the Inhumans are doing anything at all to deal with the problem of the Mists, they hold them being sacred to their people above the seen ill effects that they're doing to another even after seeing the suffering first hand. This is the group that Storm is content with simply making peace with while her people have been forced to take refuge in what is practically Hell. While he may not have as positive a light shined on him as Cyclops did during Decimation, Magneto is making the proactive moves to ensure that his people have a future at all which isn't really something that I can say about Storm. And as we know fro IvX, even with Storm trying to keep the peace here, war is an inevitability.

Agreed
    Same. Still on Magneto's Side. Mutants are running out of time and the Inhumans aren't being cooperative. Magneto had to investigate this potential threat himself in case matters got even worse.

While this ending is a bit anti-climatic, I feel like it was a nice little insight into the though process of several characters. It was nice to see Rachael do something, not much but better than the usual nothing she gets. Its also nice to know Rachael still remembers her youth as a mutant hunting hound. Now that will haunt her for the rest of her life.

Also, did Psylocke just slap Magneto and get away with it? Damn. lol
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 09-21-2016 at 01:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly, I can't agree with that. While Magneto may have been wrong about Ulysses being used as a weapon, he isn't wrong about the fact that mutantkind is headed towards extinction. As we now know from IvX, there will come a point that should a solution not be found, Earth will become uninhabitable for mutants and, even if the Inhumans are doing anything at all to deal with the problem of the Mists, they hold them being sacred to their people above the seen ill effects that they're doing to another even after seeing the suffering first hand. This is the group that Storm is content with simply making peace with while her people have been forced to take refuge in what is practically Hell. While he may not have as positive a light shined on him as Cyclops did during Decimation, Magneto is making the proactive moves to ensure that his people have a future at all which isn't really something that I can say about Storm. And as we know fro IvX, even with Storm trying to keep the peace here, war is an inevitability.

Agreed

"May"? Magneto was wrong all along with what he was trying to do.

Yes Ulysses premonitions aren't guaranteed, they're algorithms, hence the latest issue of Civil War.

Can someone wake me up when this get exciting....?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    but he is right that the war will happen...

what Magneto could not do, it is to divide the mutants for a war against inhumans

but it is much stupider helping the responsible that your people die

BANNED

Well would you look at that...Magneto was wrong this WHOLE time -_-

Anyway this was an ok issue I mean nothing big or exciting happened at all, but it was ok. I like that Nightcrawler kicked his mother for trying to kill Psylocke which I find SO baffeling. WHY is she trying to kill another mutants?! That's how you know-- never mind I won't get into anyway this was an ok issue.

Magneto Was Right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yup pretty much. That's what this whole book was about really. And I CALLED IT. lol

BANNED

Magneto's intentions weren't wrong, and at the very least, he isn't sitting on his ass, reacting instead of acting when the survival of mutantkind has never been more dire. Magneto isn't wrong to have had grave concerns about Ulysses, and anyone who can't see that (or just refuses to acknowledge it because it gets in the way of their gloating over Storm being "right the whole time") hasn't been reading Civil War II and taking note of the seriously questionable actions that are being taken because of Ulysses.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Magneto's intentions weren't wrong, and at the very least, he isn't sitting on his ass, reacting instead of acting when the survival of mutantkind has never been more dire. Magneto isn't wrong to have had grave concerns about Ulysses, and anyone who can't see that (or just refuses to acknowledge it because it gets in the way of their gloating over Storm being "right the whole time") hasn't been reading Civil War II and taking note of the seriously questionable actions that are being taken because of Ulysses.
    I do have to agree with you. The only reason he didn't keep up with his plan was because he didn't want the x-men to fight each other, and that is because Storm is leading the other faction. Eventually, and we still don't know why, Storm's side will join the battle against the Inhumen so technically Mags was right all along.

BANNED

Nobody is gloating over Storm being right, the fact of the matter is Magneto was WRONG in thinking that Inhumans as well as Ulysses would be used as a weapon. He didn't even know that the Inhumans don't have a grudge against them yet he's attacking a nation that will easily wipe them out due to them out numbering them. It's on HIS face how wrong he was. It's been said more than once he's wrong most of all the X-men think hes wrong. Except: Mystique(who kills mutants -_-) Monet. Yes war is inevitable, but as a LEADER of a dying people you do the best you can to stave off that sentence that inculdes creating a truce with another nation. NOT go attack a nation you THINK hates you.

I have read Civil War 2 I don't agree with it however there has been too much proof that his Visions are correct AND if you act on them it will come to pass. That's what we saw almost happen.

BANNED

His intentions were wrong. Ullyses wasn't a threat and neither were the inhumans at that time. He should wait and not poke the bear when he really doesn't have the power to win the war.

What's the difference between this argument and a human arguing the same thing about mutants? Aren't humans just dealing with the legitimate threat that mutants with awesome powers pose so how is Mags not being a hypocrite here?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    What's the difference between this argument and a human arguing the same thing about mutants? Aren't humans just dealing with the legitimate threat that mutants with awesome powers pose so how is Mags not being a hypocrite here?
    An interesting question. And perhaps that was the point of this miniseries: Magneto ended up doing what he was afraid of having done to mutants by acting preemptively to stave off a threat. I hadn't considered it in those terms. But I think it's fair to say that Magneto has always operated from the position that, if left to their own devices, humanity WILL try to wipe out mutants unless mutants take action to prevent it. And it isn't as if that view hasn't been validated over the years to a large degree. Add to that the fact that the Inhumans, if not actively working against mutantkind, are certainly not doing anything to help them, and they ARE morally obligated to do so as far as I'm concerned. But your point is well taken, and the more I think about it, the more I think this was Bunn's intent with this series.