Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Excellent issue.
    >Minor confusion in the beginning as to exactly what the Someday mutants were doing. We had to be told they were also attacking the Someday base.
    >Murderous Mystique is fun.
    >EXODUS! Return him to his original glory, Bunn!
    >Psylocke needs to wear the Lady Mandarin armour in the real world again.
    As always, looking forward to the next issue.

Favourite panels...
    Psylocke charging through the poor cat-mutant's mind in her Lady Mandaring armour with all the psionic energy flashing around... Beautiful.
    uncpsy1.jpg
    More Lady Mandarin fun.
    uncpsy2.jpg
    Next issue's cover! Props to Land for not over-simplifying Exodus' costume like artists have done for over a decade.
    uncprev.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I also was a bit worried that it was going to be Shadow King, in fact just before the reveal, I was convinced it was. Infinitely glad it was Exodus and just as impressed that a book has managed to completely surprise me. Next issue really can't come fast enough (although I say that with trepidation as once this arc is over we're into IvX territory and I'm not ready for that).
    This is what I loved the most about this issue: that I did NOT see Exodus coming. Well played, Bunn.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Next issue's cover! Props to Land for not over-simplifying Exodus' costume like artists have done for over a decade.
    uncprev.jpg

Agreed. I love this fabulous uniform. Much better than that basic one artists having been drawing him in.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Love Exodus, he's one of my all time favourite X-Villains! Plus I just love this book in general, Cullen has not put a foot wrong throughout his run. He must never be allowed to leave this book!

Bunn continues to knock it out of the park. So glad I came back to this book, even if it's the only book I'm getting now, it's well worth the reneg on my vow LOL.

Like others mentioned already I was very much convinced the telepath was Shadow King, so pleasantly surprised to be thrown for a loop and see Exodus actually being well written. Let's face it, he was better written in just the few lines he had here than he was in his entire appearance under Bendis.

Marvel please keep Bunn in the X-world. I would likely buy more X-books if he wrote more. What I've heard about Extraordinary X-Men pales in comparison to this title. *happy sob* I never thought we would get another X-writer of this caliber after Carey left. *happy sob*

BANNED

I haven't read an Exodus story in literally decades... since that dust-up on Genosha with the Avengers and the X-Men, and I only had some of the issues of that. I take it from everyone's reaction here that Exodus isn't a lame character and we're generally happy that he showed up here?

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I haven't read an Exodus story in literally decades... since that dust-up on Genosha with the Avengers and the X-Men, and I only had some of the issues of that. I take it from everyone's reaction here that Exodus isn't a lame character and we're generally happy that he showed up here?
    He hasn't been written with the grandeur and raw power he possessed in the 90s... since the 90s, sadly.
    A+, Bunn!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I worry about Briar. I can just picture Exodus killing her now. he dislikes humans even more than Magneto does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I worry about Briar. I can just picture Exodus killing her now. he dislikes humans even more than Magneto does.
    I'd worry about her too if she were something other than an extra in this book. It sucks for those of us who haven't read the Magneto series to not at least get some sort of an indication as to why this chick is relevant. Especially since they've made a point to mention that she's the only non-mutant in the Inner Circle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    He's not... But, En Sabah Nur whipped his ass but good in Black Knight: Exodus #1.

BANNED

I was reading it..it became a he..so I quickly thought hmmmm...Exodus, Shadow King, Gamemaster, a heel Nate Grey, or Stryfe. Thank goodness it was Exodus..good to see him back alive.

I've been wanting Exodus to show up.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

another great issue for Bunn

Wow Psylocke looked so fantastic in this issue. I love M's snarky comment about the thong costume too. Wonderful to see Betts continue branching out with her TP instead of just psi-stabbing.

Also liked Black Tom's word usage/slang

Would really love to see what Bunn could do for Sage as part of the team

I'm very curious how Magneto is going to react when all is revealed.

He might not like that Exodus is controlling other mutants and using them as cannon fodder, BUT he already abandoned some of these same kinds of mutants to their deaths once before and more or less called them traitors to mutantkind for wanting to sleep through the crisis. He also didn't give a second thought to letting the mutant sleeper Psylocke is minesweeping die.

If anything he might be against it just because it could cause mutantkind more problems in the long run (and because Exodus is obviously being made out to be a big bad here) but realistically it could go either way.

Psylocke amuses me with how she routinely complains about Magneto's modus operandi but she always ends up doing what she's told anyway. She's just as skeezy as Mags for doing everything he wants, but she seems to think she's better than he is, morally speaking. Weird.

BANNED

Psylocke being worried about being a pawn of Magneto is a funny part of the story. I be laughing at her inner thoughts all the time.