Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tragic issue, a lot of feelings, even made me laugh at the end of Viv and Virginia's conversation.
    Even the letter page is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not understanding how he got a family to begin with. What is this all about?
    He built it.

Normally a DC guy but loved Tom King's work so followed him to Vision. This series has been excellent (despite my disconnect with the MU) and I love it. This issue especially though yanked on those heartstrings, but I can't wait for #12. I must be a glutton for emotional punishment.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Mighty Member

I really just want to ask if anybody else saw the movie poster in the background, with Simon Williams as Omega. (Oh, wow, isn't that cool? It is really nice to see obscure references and labor over them.)

But, even that is going to open a can of trauma-worms, what with Simon Williams being the template for the Vision and Omega being a dead guy and....

Oi.

Joking aside, I am going to miss this series in a bit more than a month.

And as heartbreaking of all...
    Normally, I tend to think that supers work as analogues for power (or similarly big ideas). But, in this case, the Vision works as an analogue for humanity.

Any civilized man would at least consider what the Vision is doing. His son was murdered, a junkie uncle no less. Mancha may have had legitimate reason to be monitoring the Vision family. But, he was also strung out, which contributed to the deaths of Vincent and the neighbors. This is not unlike Virginia killing the Reaper, or her role in the deaths of CK and his father. (In both cases, she was doing what any mother should do, protecting her family.)

Of course, Virginia is modeled on Wanda, so she is half a monster. [spoil] She butchered the family dog. There were other options, including active adversaries. But, she butchered the dog.
    [\spoil]

I definitely wasn't expecting what happened at the end.
    The cover clued me in that something was going to happen to the dog. But, not *that*.

Face it, Virginia's going to be destroyed. I hope Nico Minoru shows up and casts a repair spell on Victor (having been told what happened by her A-Force teammates Carol and Medusa). She'll be really angry when she finds out her fellow Runaway has been destroyed.
    No question that somebody will bring Victor back.

I just hope that he does not get a perfunctory redemption. It is fine to have an undeserving character get out of jail (or the grave) if the writer needs that character. But, if they get a moral pass, the writer needs to come up with a moral case for it. And, I am not sure that can be done with Victor, who is depicted as a selfish little coward.

Virginia is going to die in the last issue. Vision will probably get lobotomized again and lose all emotional attachment to Viv. His experiment to create a family is a failure. Viv will be alone in the world.
    Vivian's death was telegraphed in an early issue. But, be know that is going to be changed or undone because she has to be in the new kiddie book.

I'm not understanding how he got a family to begin with. What is this all about?
    It is about Marvel making me afraid to go the comic store, but unable to stay away.

The letter page had some much needed levity. The editor "broke in" and prevented Tom King from mentioning his upcoming work at DC. (Mind you, last issue's letter page had explicit mention of King's "Batman" run. So, it is not like Marvel is actually burying it. And, King name-dropped Batman in another reply. All said, pretty classy.)
    Last edited by CentralPower; 09-22-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I wish I were optimistic enough to think Victor's coming back. I'm pretty sure this was his happily ever after, of sorts, since he'll no longer be Victorious. I hope Virginia gets ripped apart and thrown into various suns. And I hope Viv does it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

How is Virginia wrong for killing the crackhead uncle whose bungling killed her son?

How was she wrong to kill the Grim Reaper (who had attacked her family)?

How was she wrong to push back against an extortion threat? (The death of CK was unfortunate, but no wholly her fault.)

(I honestly do not understand.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Extraordinary Member

Is the story saying she was wrong? What she did has tragic consequences, but that doesn't mean it was her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    How is Virginia wrong for killing the crackhead uncle whose bungling killed her son?

How was she wrong to push back against an extortion threat? (The death of CK was unfortunate, but no wholly her fault.)

Her mistake was to hide the death of Grim Reaper from Vision. Nobody would have given a sh*t that she killed him; the guy was a deranged serial killer who was attacking her family, and he dies and resurrects all the time, anyways. Hell, Rogue recently killed him on live TV and nobody cares. The Avengers would probably have given her a "I killed the Grim Reaper too" t-shirt and keychain.

About the death of that guy and his son, her mistake was, again, to not come clean with Vision.

Anything else isn't her fault. She's almost a newborn, after all, and programmed to be a housewife, she isn't supposed to know how to get out of these messes.
    Last edited by Habis; 09-24-2016 at 06:09 AM.

I guess it is all in the word kill.

Re: Viv's death,

I was under the impression that Virginia eating the petal from the dog's stomach let her see the future. As such, she did what she did to prevent that figure from occurring (Vision killing the Avengers and her and her daughter being dismantled, probably). As such Viv's death got prevented.

..Maybe.

I really just want to ask if anybody else saw the movie poster in the background, with Simon Williams as Omega. (Oh, wow, isn't that cool? It is really nice to see obscure references and labor over them.)

But, even that is going to open a can of trauma-worms, what with Simon Williams being the template for the Vision and Omega being a dead guy and....
    I did. You even see a scene from the film in the background of a later panel:

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 1.21.25 PM.jpg
    FYBW: my Black Widow blog.

This comic has been one of the best written I've read in a long time. I ugly cried at the end of this issue, I really didn't expect them to do that. Even at the last moment I thought something would happen to stop Vision...

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    This comic has been one of the best written I've read in a long time. I ugly cried at the end of this issue, I really didn't expect them to do that. Even at the last moment I thought something would happen to stop Vision...
    Well, technically, something did happen to stop Vision.

Personally i blame the Avengers for this, they should have left well enough alone. But i guess this is a recurring theme now, what happened to them? When did they stop being heroes?

Four years ago. A lot of what happened in Hickman's Avengers run definitely wasn't heroic. Blowing up planets?