Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Guardians of the Galaxy can now rise again......

The prayers of many have finally been answered with the announcement that Bendis is finally leaving the book after years of running the title into the ground with bad stories. His final story starts in issue 15.

I really feel bad for the next writer having to come onto this trainwreck of a franchise who has to fix the mess Bendis made of it and alienated so many fans with his writing, but I really hope they put someone good on the book who knows how to write a real cosmic book.

Jim Valentino?

Ewing is really the only writer I could see who could bring the same kind of epic, cosmic, feel of the DnA run back to Guardians while also respecting the older continuity of the book.

*Throws confetti* Hallelujah!!

I could see Al Ewing in charge of the Guardians, but he has already too many work. Other writer that could be interesting for the Guardians is Cullen Bunn, his work in Fearless Defenders and Uncanny X-men had proved he is able to write team books with members who have strong personalities.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I just got into the series because of Marvel Unlimited and thought it was pretty good so far, I've only read the first six or seven issues so far but I been enjoying it so far. I like the group of characters thats on the team and it will be interesting to see how the Guardians spend their time on earth, especially since Kitty is a mutant. Does Kitty even know about the T-mist killing off mutants? It will be nice to see how a different writer writes these guys. I do hope that the Guardians don't spend too much time on earth. Maybe like one or two story arks but they shouldn't spend that much time on earth.
    Last edited by hedgehogvampire; 09-21-2016 at 02:24 PM.

May be tempted back onto this book.

Left-field choice but I wouldn't mind seeing Jay Faerber get a shot at this.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

I stopped reading a while back, did anything interesting ever happen during this run? Hopefully this means this book will be worth reading again, maybe reveal a skrull replaced Star-Lord sometime after DNA's run, before Bendis' run and the real deal can come back, heck why not say it happened to the whole team and the real deals can now return
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    I stopped reading a while back, did anything interesting ever happen during this run? Hopefully this means this book will be worth reading again, maybe reveal a skrull replaced Star-Lord sometime after DNA's run, before Bendis' run and the real deal can come back, heck why not say it happened to the whole team and the real deals can now return
    spoilers:
    Hala blows up because J'son is a dick and Star-Lord becomes the new king of Spartax.
    end of spoilers
    This is literally the only important thing that happened in Bendis' run.

Anyway, hopefully this writer change will allow Guardians of the Galaxy to actually be about Guardians instead of "Iron Man/Angela/Captain Marvel/X-Men/Agent Venom Team-Up! featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy".
    Last edited by Murozaki; 09-21-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Jim Valentino?
    Nah, Steve Gerber.

Oh, yeah, right; the dead thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Murozaki View Post
    spoilers:
    Hala blows up because J'son is a dick and Star-Lord becomes the new king of Spartax.
    end of spoilers
    This is literally the only important thing that happened in Bendis' run.

Anyway, hopefully this writer change will allow Guardians of the Galaxy to actually be about Guardians instead of "Iron Man/Angela/Captain Marvel/X-Men/Agent Venom Team-Up! featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy".
    More Bendis regurgitated crap. Has Marvel done this to the Sh'iar yet? You know to make a complete set.
    Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Nah, Steve Gerber.
    Oh, yeah, right; the dead thing.
    Any chance DnA come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    More Bendis regurgitated crap. Has Marvel done this to the Sh'iar yet? You know to make a complete set.
    Has the Shi'ar even been relevant in anything since Gladiator tried to destroy the Earth to prevent the Incursions?

Any chance DnA come back?
    Well, Dan Abnett is now DC exclusive, so that's pretty unlikely...

Mighty Member

Beside Al Ewing I don't see another marvel write who can do this. I really hope that they will give these comics to a writer who know how to write cosmic stories this time.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The prayers of many have finally been answered with the announcement that Bendis is finally leaving the book after years of running the title into the ground with bad stories. His final story starts in issue 15.

I really feel bad for the next writer having to come onto this trainwreck of a franchise who has to fix the mess Bendis made of it and alienated so many fans with his writing, but I really hope they put someone good on the book who knows how to write a real cosmic book.
    Alienated so many fans! I hope this is true and i guess we will find out how many when the new writer takes over.
    Last edited by Tofali; 09-25-2016 at 12:22 PM.

BANNED

I would love to see Ivan Velez, jr back on a team superhero book.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    *Throws confetti* Hallelujah!!

I could see Al Ewing in charge of the Guardians, but he has already too many work. Other writer that could be interesting for the Guardians is Cullen Bunn, his work in Fearless Defenders and Uncanny X-men had proved he is able to write team books with members who have strong personalities.
    Al Ewing is actually short of one book - he was writing 3 in All-New All-Different initiative - and now only 2 (Contest of Champions was cancelled without relaunch/replacement/sequel).
    He constantly writes two books at the same time, so 3 is 1 more than 2, but not too many.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”