Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trinity #1

Default Trinity #1

Just read Trinity #1, good book, but I could not decide where to start a thread about it. Superman Forums? Wonder Woman Forums? Batman Forums? I had no idea, I bought it because of Superdad and I really like this character and buy any book he is in, even Hitch's Justice League. What do you guys think?
    I have no beef with Vegans

Manapul draws a dynamite Wonder Woman.

The art was incredible, but the writing was pretty bland. It read like a recap most of the time and a lot of panels were there just to provide nice visuals. The story lacked any real conflict or relevance, it was cute, but not really engaging. I wanted this book to be a replacement to Hitch's JL in my pull-list, but it looks like I'm not getting any of them :/
    I hope JLA is better.

Extraordinary Member

I love that Superman actually recalled the events of 'Tec #241. That was unexpected.

I liked that it had no action. It was a suprisingly good read. I like to see these quieter moments rather then nothing but fisticuffs
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I liked that it had no action. It was a suprisingly good read. I like to see these quieter moments rather then nothing but fisticuffs
    TOTALLY agree with this. This was a great setup to me. Very comfy issue. I enjoyed it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I enjoyed Trinity a lot. It was nice to see some quieter moments instead of the usual action sequences. I loved how the characters were all a bit awkward and tense with each other because they should be at this point since this Superman isn't the one the other two knew and Wonder Woman and Batman aren't the ones Superman knew. The art was insanely good on this one as well. I liked what I saw here and I can't wait to see more.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The art was incredible, but the writing was pretty bland. It read like a recap most of the time and a lot of panels were there just to provide nice visuals. The story lacked any real conflict or relevance, it was cute, but not really engaging. I wanted this book to be a replacement to Hitch's JL in my pull-list, but it looks like I'm not getting any of them :/
    I hope JLA is better.
    I felt similarly and am similarly dropping Hitch's Justice League. I keep waiting for the great, first meeting of these three heroes (considering old/new Superman) but instead we seem to keep getting what should count as their first meeting over and over and it's never quite satisfying.

As for JL, it's traditionally my favorite title (over 40 years) so it takes a lot for me to drop it but I gave it an arc and couldn't believe how boring I found the whole affair. I actively disliked Robinson's JLA. I wanted the comic to suffer somehow I disliked it and Cry of Justice so. But this title I can't even be bothered to dislike. It is so dull.

On the plus side, while I'm dropping what's usually my favorite title, I'm reading more titles than I probably ever have before. Somewhere around 25+ and every one of them is DC.

Nothing in Rebirth is blowing my mind but I find almost all of it enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope JLA is better.
    Same here. One and done for me. The art was nice but the story was very dull. It was just a recap of what has been going on in the Rebirth world. I'm not a fan of Jon and it seems like everything in the DCU is going to revolve around him for a while so sucks to be me. No biggie. I'm happy for the fans of the character because they're getting a lot of him.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah totally unexpected. And the art. The art.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

All-New Member

Anyone think that it is significant that Superman remembers the "rainbow Batman" story? Not only pre-Flashpoint but pre-Crisis! More evidence of the undoing of Crisis that began with Convergence...would pre-Flashpoint Supes remember this?

BANNED

It was a decent read, but nowhere near as good as Busiek's Trinity which was a deep and insightful take on the Trinity and the DCU as a whole. If it wasn't for that, I might have enjoyed this one more. I'll give it 1 or 2 more chances though.

BANNED

Ah, comic fans....never change. Missing all the big character moments, complaining "nothing" happened.....

A whole bunch of low-key things happened and I thought it was a great start, definitely better than Hitch's JL. As for nothing big happening, giving Clark a direct connection to Pre-Crisis continuity was huge.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Nice start. Loved the low key dinner aspect and the twist at the end intrigued me. Of course Manapul kills it on art, I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Oh and RAINBOW BATMAN! That was fun.