Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucifer vol 2

Spectacular Member

This series has been great. I'm not surprised it's ending since it never seemed to get much buzz across the internet but at least it seems like it will wrap up its story nicely. My biggest gripe are series that get cancelled without a proper sendoff. At that, I could definitely have seen this series going longer and opening more doors in the Sandman universe. Way back it was rumored there'd be more Sandman spinoffs in the works. So fingers crossed.

Spectacular Member

I have one quesation.
    Is Presence supreme omnipotent GOD in entire DC cosmology?
    When I go to comic related forums, People insist so.
    But, is it officially confirmed fact?
    I have thought Lucifer series and character in this series only part of entire DC huge worldview.
    Is it true that Presence is officially supreme creator of DC universe?

Spectacular Member

Yes, I would say the Presence is the top dog. I look at the Presence as the sum total sentience of the entire DC multiverse, in a way that all gods and people, matter and energy would ultimately be extensions of this one consciousness. So think if the map in multiversity and the entire DC universe, if that were to be personified, that would be the Presence. However, the only thing higher than the Presence could be the OverVoid, which is the white place where anything would take place. So if there's an entire multiverse out there, perhaps that would be another Presence. After all, the Presence at the end of Lucifer went off into the Great White Space, ie according to Grant Morrison would be the Overvoid or Over monitor.

I was hoping it was going to last a lot longer then what it did, only 19 issue's to the Sandman's 75 and Lucifer's first volume 75 issues. From what Richard and Holly has said, there was more story's in the work, but now its over... I don't know if they can wrap up everything in only one issue. It kind of seems at the last page of 18, there's going to be a new beginning? So we'll have to wait and see what the meaning is of that.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I have one quesation.
    Is Presence supreme omnipotent GOD in entire DC cosmology?
    When I go to comic related forums, People insist so.
    But, is it officially confirmed fact?
    I have thought Lucifer series and character in this series only part of entire DC huge worldview.
    Is it true that Presence is officially supreme creator of DC universe?
    Yea he is and he also seems to split himself into different aspects with different fucntion i.e the source, the voice, the hand, over void

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammar View Post
    Yes, I would say the Presence is the top dog. I look at the Presence as the sum total sentience of the entire DC multiverse, in a way that all gods and people, matter and energy would ultimately be extensions of this one consciousness. So think if the map in multiversity and the entire DC universe, if that were to be personified, that would be the Presence. However, the only thing higher than the Presence could be the OverVoid, which is the white place where anything would take place. So if there's an entire multiverse out there, perhaps that would be another Presence. After all, the Presence at the end of Lucifer went off into the Great White Space, ie according to Grant Morrison would be the Overvoid or Over monitor.
    Thank you.
    If Overvoid is above Presence=sum total of sentient beings in entire multiverse, How about Monitors who are part of Overvoid and intruder from Overvoid?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstars View Post
    I was hoping it was going to last a lot longer then what it did, only 19 issue's to the Sandman's 75 and Lucifer's first volume 75 issues. From what Richard and Holly has said, there was more story's in the work, but now its over... I don't know if they can wrap up everything in only one issue. It kind of seems at the last page of 18, there's going to be a new beginning? So we'll have to wait and see what the meaning is of that.
    Yea, I would've liked to see what else they would've done in the long run. With so many characters they had a lot of potential for more development. I've mentioned this before, but I really believed, in my ideal world, this would've been a great door to open a lot of doors back into Hellblazer lore. Gabriel could've only been the beginning. We could've had some form of John Constantine return to the world perhaps, aged and all, interacting again with Gabriel and Lucifer. And a scene between the First of the Fallen and Lucifer would've been priceless. Still, grateful we had 19 issues. Really have no idea how they'll wrap it all up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Thank you.
    If Overvoid is above Presence=sum total of sentient beings in entire multiverse, How about Monitors who are part of Overvoid and intruder from Overvoid?
    The way I look at it is: there was the Overvoid, which was all white space. Within Overvoid something "happened" and you had Creation. This creation was the Presence. The Presence made Will (Lucifer) and Power (Michael Demiurgos). So essentially Time (Father Time) and Space (Mother Night) were created within this. The Endless were born from Time and Space.

Now within creation or the Presence you have a multiverse and all your alternate realities, and perhaps a Monitor came into being to, you know, monitor every universe within the multiverse.

And then you have your various spheres of the gods where all the higher beings dwell and crossover and blend with the realities.

That's how I reconcile the cosmology when it comes to Vertigo and DC.

Spectacular Member

The way I look at it is: there was the Overvoid, which was all white space. Within Overvoid something "happened" and you had Creation. This creation was the Presence. The Presence made Will (Lucifer) and Power (Michael Demiurgos). So essentially Time (Father Time) and Space (Mother Night) were created within this. The Endless were born from Time and Space.

Now within creation or the Presence you have a multiverse and all your alternate realities, and perhaps a Monitor came into being to, you know, monitor every universe within the multiverse.

And then you have your various spheres of the gods where all the higher beings dwell and crossover and blend with the realities.

That's how I reconcile the cosmology when it comes to Vertigo and DC.
    This is what i want to know.
    Like it was told in Sandman, Is Presence sum total of sentient beings in DC multiverse and shaped as supreme being? or Did Presence create everything in multiverse?

It is "Chicken or the egg"

Spectacular Member

Oh, that's a good question. I think Presence is the sum total of everything in the DC multiverse. That's how I would view it. The Presence would be everyone's freewill and actions and anything that happens at all. Like you stated, the SUM total. The only thing outside of the Presence is the big white space of the Overvoid and this makes sense to me with the ending of the first Lucifer series. Presence/God and Lucifer were themselves in the overvoid outside of Creation/DC multiverse.

Spectacular Member

Oh, that's a good question. I think Presence is the sum total of everything in the DC multiverse. That's how I would view it. The Presence would be everyone's freewill and actions and anything that happens at all. Like you stated, the SUM total. The only thing outside of the Presence is the big white space of the Overvoid and this makes sense to me with the ending of the first Lucifer series. Presence/God and Lucifer were themselves in the overvoid outside of Creation/DC multiverse.
    So, Presence is supreme because he is sum total of free will of everyone in DC multiverse.
    This interpretation is compatible with reference in Sandman and Lucifers series.
    Good answer, thank you.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    So this appears to be cancelled with issue 19
    Where did you hear that?

Disappointed by the ending.

Spectacular Member

So was I. Things wrapped up waaaaaayyyy to quickly. Now granted they were on borrowed time, but, seriously, there was so much more than could've been done.

So was I. Things wrapped up waaaaaayyyy to quickly. Now granted they were on borrowed time, but, seriously, there was so much more than could've been done.
    God was killed a bit too quickly, and no mention of what happened to the remake michael.