View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

33 14.29%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

110 47.62%
  • Dislike him

88 38.10%
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 1,231 to 1,238 of 1238
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Also, he spoke to Hal as if he were speaking to a peer. He's still 'new' to this, he should've been in awe of Hal (not that I'm a huge Hal fan, but it just came across as silly).
    Eh. I don't think every young or 'new' hero needs to be in awe of or even show respect towards older heroes. It should be determined by their personality. The problem is that I'm not sure if that's in character for Duke. We are Robin Duke is definitely makes sense that he wouldn't show Hal any special respect, but I can't say for sure if Rebirth Duke would.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Eh. I don't think every young or 'new' hero needs to be in awe of or even show respect towards older heroes. It should be determined by their personality. The problem is that I'm not sure if that's in character for Duke. We are Robin Duke is definitely makes sense that he wouldn't show Hal any special respect, but I can't say for sure if Rebirth Duke would.
    I appreciate when they do though....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate when they do though....
    Same. But kids are all different.

For every Maxine

maxine.jpg

There's a Jakeem

jakeem.jpg

And I love them both. Jakeem definitely needed the development he got to keep from just being obnoxious, but where he started made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Same. But kids are all different.

For every Maxine

maxine.jpg

There's a Jakeem

jakeem.jpg

And I love them both. Jakeem definitely needed the development he got to keep from just being obnoxious, but where he started made sense.
    Well, yeah, I'm not saying they absolutely can't, especially when Jakeem grew out of it like he did (especially after Stargirl gave him a talk too) and not in a way that's meant to genuinely disparage a hero.

BANNED

Disliked his portrayal in The Casting (I think it's called, the very first one of the series).

His getting the drop on a veteran like Hal Jordan--drawing blood, even--was ridiculous. Also, he spoke to Hal as if he were speaking to a peer. He's still 'new' to this, he should've been in awe of Hal (not that I'm a huge Hal fan, but it just came across as silly).

I love how Hal talked down a bit to him, though--'Awww, you're doing the voice, and everything'.
    How is that ridiculous? Heroes get caught off guard all the time, veteran or not. A kick to the face is not something to whine about tbh. Duke literally swooped down from above. How would Hal be prepared for something like that? It's amazing how you people can direct all of your energy towards a character you dislike lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    How is that ridiculous? Heroes get caught off guard all the time, veteran or not. A kick to the face is not something to whine about tbh. Duke literally swooped down from above. How would Hal be prepared for something like that? It's amazing how you people can direct all of your energy towards a character you dislike lol.
    It's amazing how slow-thinkers get their panties twisted over someone else's opinion when it comes to characters they like.

I'd 'lol' but I'd feel like an idiot unless I were actually laughing.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

It's amazing how slow-thinkers get their panties twisted over someone else's opinion when it comes to characters they like.

I'd 'lol' but I'd feel like an idiot unless I were actually laughing.
    I wasn't getting my panties twisted and i didn't insult you like you did to me just now. I was just referring to how misinformed your complaint sounded. Have you ever complained about Batman getting the drop on someone he shouldn't of have?

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    I wasn't getting my panties twisted and i didn't insult you like you did to me just now. I was just referring to how misinformed your complaint sounded. Have you ever complained about Batman getting the drop on someone he shouldn't of have?
    Well, I can't argue with that, so my apologies for being a jerk.

I still find it ridiculous, but I think you'll be okay. Just my opinion, eh?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/