View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

33 14.29%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

110 47.62%
  • Dislike him

88 38.10%
Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

I voted that it's too soon to tell, I like the idea in theory, to be honest the bat has too many robins who basically poor imitations of Bruce, but he hasn't really added anything meaningful to the narrative yet. I mean I like him more than Damien who in my opinion is the worst member of the bat family but I don't see the value of having both Duke and Harper joining the family.

BANNED

I just don't see the necessity for Duke or Harper. Or Gotham Girl. The Bat Kiddie Corps is already crowded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I just don't see the necessity for Duke or Harper. Or Gotham Girl. The Bat Kiddie Corps is already crowded.
    Gotham Girl will be dead or depowered in a couple years at the most, so I don't mind her. She wasn't created to last.

BANNED

Gotham girl went from meh, to interesting, to disgusting, predictable and painfully boring.
    Duke went from meh to painfully boring.

They belong together, its a romance for the ages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Gotham girl went from meh, to interesting, to disgusting, predictable and painfully boring.
    Duke went from meh to painfully boring.

They belong together, its a romance for the ages.
    Yeah if Batman doesn't give it to her for the mistakes she made in 'Tec, I'll be really disappointed. A character who screws up a lot can be done well, but only if their mistakes are acknowledged.

BANNED

You know, I kind of wish I'd read We are Robin sooner. Duke was still my least favorite of the team in that book, but he wasn't a bad character by any means, and it showed that he's not the worst character in the Batfamily; Claire is.

Unfortunately, with him now getting a main role in Dark Days, and even being referred to as one of "Batman's closest allies", I can't help but hate him now. Petty? Oh lord yes! But I know I'm not alone in feeling that this boring, nothing special about him character has had MORE than enough chances to be interesting, and he's failed.

Duke as a main character in a Summer event....what's next? Duke appearing in cartoons? Duke getting a spot in Injustice?

I maintain the hope that when Snyder leaves, his pets will follow...but as was pointed out to me, that could be a long way off.

I don't hate him by any means, I don't even think he is that bad, but I do understand -- and to some point share how Tim fans/Damian fans/Robin fans in general feel about these newcomers arriving like this on the Batfamily. I'd be okay if he became an ally who appears occassionally, or that he decides to resign this vigilante life to try to research a cure for his parents with the Joker virus thing.

BANNED

I forgot about this! Those results, it's one of my favorite polls in existence. You'll never guess how I voted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    or that he decides to resign this vigilante life to try to research a cure for his parents with the Joker virus thing.
    This.

I'm pretty against killing heroes so while I do joke about it with friends, I'm never serious when I say I want Duke to die. But they need to see that the character just isn't working. Take him out for awhile under the excuse that he's going to search for a cure, bring him back for a big storyline in All-Star as he works to finish it, and let the kid walk off into the sunset with his parents, only to be called upon by Batman when he's calling in "everyone".

This whole, "More than a Robin" thing just grates on my nerves every time I hear it, and unlike "Batman's closest allies", THAT's actually in a book, and not just a solicit.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    This.

I'm pretty against killing heroes so while I do joke about it with friends, I'm never serious when I say I want Duke to die. But they need to see that the character just isn't working. Take him out for awhile under the excuse that he's going to search for a cure, bring him back for a big storyline in All-Star as he works to finish it, and let the kid walk off into the sunset with his parents, only to be called upon by Batman when he's calling in "everyone".

This whole, "More than a Robin" thing just grates on my nerves every time I hear it, and unlike "Batman's closest allies", THAT's actually in a book, and not just a solicit.
    Agreed. I read only one issue of ASB (if I'm not mistaken) and I was very irritated. If only Scott could stop pretending that he likes the Robin mantle it would be easier, but he covers it with excuses which is my problem imo.

Duke could stay as an occassional ally, Gotham Girl could have an heroic sacrifice while she remembers her brother or whatever, and Harper can be a civilian that appears in the background.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Agreed. I read only one issue of ASB (if I'm not mistaken) and I was very irritated. If only Scott could stop pretending that he likes the Robin mantle it would be easier, but he covers it with excuses which is my problem imo.

Duke could stay as an occassional ally, Gotham Girl could have an heroic sacrifice while she remembers her brother or whatever, and Harper can be a civilian that appears in the background.
    Yeah, the fact that he pretends is frankly disrespectful to the fans.

And yeah, I think those would be good fates for the Pets.

Why is there no option for indifference? I don't love him but neither do I dislike him.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Why is there no option for indifference? I don't love him but neither do I dislike him.
    That would be "Too early to tell, give it time"

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    That would be "Too early to tell, give it time"
    That implies one will change their opinion and eventually go with one option or the other. Indifference is just indifference.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    That implies one will change their opinion and eventually go with one option or the other. Indifference is just indifference.
    Its awkwardly worded but its close enough to indifference.