View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

33 14.29%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

110 47.62%
  • Dislike him

88 38.10%
Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    You know, I kind of wish I'd read We are Robin sooner. Duke was still my least favorite of the team in that book, but he wasn't a bad character by any means, and it showed that he's not the worst character in the Batfamily; Claire is.

Unfortunately, with him now getting a main role in Dark Days, and even being referred to as one of "Batman's closest allies", I can't help but hate him now. Petty? Oh lord yes! But I know I'm not alone in feeling that this boring, nothing special about him character has had MORE than enough chances to be interesting, and he's failed.

Duke as a main character in a Summer event....what's next? Duke appearing in cartoons? Duke getting a spot in Injustice?

I maintain the hope that when Snyder leaves, his pets will follow...but as was pointed out to me, that could be a long way off.
    I like Duke unfortunately he's handed in such a manner that it easy for some fans to dislike him.

I like him but I can't say he's a favorite of mine.

I actually like the yellow outfit he has but I wish he'd get a name already.

I thought he and Harper would have been better off being Green Arrow's proteges. There's less competition because Connor/Cissie work better with an older Ollie than the 23/25/28 year old the new 52 focused on.

Extraordinary Member

I dont feel and thats the problem

I wish Izzy or Riko was chosesn instead I like them alot more
    Duke to me feel like he is what cyborg is to the justice league

I feel like with Tim, Jason, Dick, Damian, Kate, Stephanie, Barbara, Luke and Cass we have/had enough great characters and was getting crowded without Duke. How many people in tights with no super powers that have computer skills and are hand to hand combat experts do we need? I would have preferred Snyder used Stephanie Brown…all good.

I feel like if Snyder was looking for making his mark on the Batman mythos I'd say he did a better job with his villains, like the Court of Owls, Mr. Bloom, his version of Doctor Death. I don't hate his additions to the Batfamily, Duke and Harper are ok I guess, but I don't think any of them have any real staying power the way Damian did.

"Dislike him"

I also dislike Jason, Tim, Cassie, Stephanie, and any other sidekick/ally that isn't named Dick, Damien, Barbara or Kate so whatevs.

The Bat-family is too crowded but at this point, it isn't changing any time soon so I'm not gonna get my knickers in a knot about them.
    Batman - Daredevil

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator X View Post
    "Dislike him"

I also dislike Jason, Tim, Cassie, Stephanie, and any other sidekick/ally that isn't named Dick, Damien, Barbara or Kate so whatevs.

The Bat-family is too crowded but at this point, it isn't changing any time soon so I'm not gonna get my knickers in a knot about them.
    Pretty much this for me. Duke, at worst, elicits apathy from me. But so do most of the others.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think the Bat-family is too crowded. Too many Robins!

I don't dislike Duke though, I don't have much opinion on him yet.

BANNED

Where?

Duke is sorta Robin and the actual Robin is walking around with a superpal and a Titans squad. The rest aren`t Robin.

BANNED

The Dark Days have begun and the path toward Duke's book has been lit. Going into the event that is most likely the last chance Snyder will have to win over detractors, how's everyone feeling about Duke these days? Have you come to like him, do you feel the same way you have in the past, or have your feelings soured?

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The Dark Days have begun and the path toward Duke's book has been lit. Going into the event that is most likely the last chance Snyder will have to win over detractors, how's everyone feeling about Duke these days? Have you come to like him, do you feel the same way you have in the past, or have your feelings soured?
    I just want Snyder to get it over with already. I lost patience nearly a year ago. Snyders attempts to give Duke a 'purpose' within batman mythos rather than build upon his actual character has ultimately hurt Dukes portrayal. Who is Duke Thomas? I still don't know, but who cares because its clear that Dark Days will be the reveal for Dukes purpose and NAME in the DC universe, and apparently its some superspecialawesome secret and something beyond what we could have imagined and blah blah blah. Any actual meat and bones for Dukes characterization won't come until the end of Dark Days, so I guess we still and wait.

I went from being apathetic to, still apathetic but now really tired of this waiting game nonsense.

When is the end of Dark Days actually? Anyone know how long this series will be running for?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

When is the end of Dark Days actually? Anyone know how long this series will be running for?
    The 2nd part of Dark Days is next month. After that, we'll have Metal which will be 6 issues.

Yeah and this thread sums it up. All the ridiculous and nonsensical ways he has been shoved into batmans storyline are incredibly contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The 2nd part of Dark Days is next month. After that, we'll have Metal which will be 6 issues.
    Oh thank goodness, I was worried it was gonna last a year like the eternal series. I wonder if that Duke solo will launch right after Metal.