View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

33 14.29%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

110 47.62%
  • Dislike him

88 38.10%
Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm a bit confused - which of the Metal spin-offs is Duke's book?
    It's not announced, I'm just guessing it's gonna be apart of the dark matters line.

Well to detract from the typical fanboy mentality, i would say give the character time to grow. Most young people are overeager, and ambitious, why would this young man be any different. Further more why are some people trying to use that to say he's a worthless and can't-shouldn't be used. The thing I'll say is where the heck can he fit in at?? the batfamily is so darn big as is.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's not announced, I'm just guessing it's gonna be apart of the dark matters line.
    Im assuming it will be apart of this months or next months solicits. I will be interested in what other books we could be getting? Maybe the outsiders plus a couple of Others.

BANNED

Outsiders will appear in Tec first and then there are plans for them down the road according to Snyder.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Outsiders will appear in Tec first and then there are plans for them down the road according to Snyder.
    That kinda makes me wonder if they'll be involved with the Tim Drake story he is planning. Maybe he'll join their book if they get one, and that'll be his new role.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I liked the picture i saw of them, so i may have to check out ' tec.

Extraordinary Member

I really don't likr thar they give again a solo to one of their new creation, while Dick and Barbara are the only of the more establiched charcaters that get one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I really don't likr thar they give again a solo to one of their new creation, while Dick and Barbara are the only of the more establiched charcaters that get one.
    So lets see the pages of complaints about those books like Mother Panic, Hanbaara Barrera books, All New SUperman, Superwoman and others before the Duke bashing starts.

Funny it's an issue when it's DUKE but not everybody else.

We are going to ignore the folks in charge who have issues with Tim and his generation and Wally West. When do they get called out instead of these Duke witch hunts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So lets see the pages of complaints about those books like Mother Panic, Hanbaara Barrera books, All New SUperman, Superwoman and others before the Duke bashing starts.

We are going to ignore the folks in charge who have issues with Tim and his generation and Wally West. When do they get called out instead of these Duke witch hunts.
    Yes the fact that there are no pages of complaints about those but Duke(and Harper) should inform you a lot about how to build characters and how not to build then.

BANNED

Maybe that's because fans are open and accepting of new characters when they don't completely suck

Extraordinary Member

The books are not done by the Batman editorial/Batman writers.

I have a similar problem with the current Batwoman title, and the previous Talon and Batwing titlles, and the current line up of TEC and I don't see much of a point in bringining the outsiders back into the continuity.

Voting for the 1st time went with love him because there is no like option. I like duke . The character has done nothing but grow on me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Maybe that's because fans are open and accepting of new characters when they don't completely suck
    Yeah, just using the examples, I don't know much about Mother Panic but the concept is interesting, Superwoman is a mess and I don't really see too many people sticking their head out for it, and the Hanna Barbera books are mostly for a different market. New Super-Man though is the most recent example of a countpoint to all the people who have said to give Duke time. See, they knew what they were doing. All new setting, all new characters, and yet it's one of the best Rebirth titles, being a critical darling despite its low sales, among those who do read it, I've never seen anyone call it worse than "Good", and within the first 8 issues, I'd come to really care for the members of the Chinese Trinity, Kenan and Peng becoming two new favorites of mine, and with how her character has been acting these past few issues, Avery is on her way as well. No multiple years of build up, just great new stories with excellent new characters.

Plus you know something's good when Pwns and I can actually agree on it.

BANNED

Oh, and just giving my current thoughts: Still indifferent.

While I'm definitely frustrated with Duke's push and upcoming solo title, he's still too bland for me to say I hate him. As such, I will be giving the first issue of his solo a shot. But that's it. It is going to get one issue to completely sell me on Duke as a character, and prove that he's worthy of a solo. Unless it wins me over, I'm done.

I like him. But he needs a bit of spark to him, a bit more character injected into him. It seems odd for him to have a solo at this point, I'm in no way against it, but it's purely because he hasn't got a codename nor a solid schtick yet. Maybe Metal will change that for me.