View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

33 14.29%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

110 47.62%
  • Dislike him

88 38.10%
Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is no other reason to hate them his race.

If he brings NOTHING to the table and only has single page cameos in the main Batman book.

Why is there a 32 page thread about him?
    Why do threads become Duke bashing threads in books he appears in?
    Why is there a 17 page Appreciation Thread for him?
    Why does he have an action figure?

A guy who brings nothing to the table does not have the above. He would be ignored. Yet he's not and like many witch hunts-only blacks get targeted to nonstop bashing. Superwoman, All New SUperman, Jessica & Simon are way more guilty of taking spots than Duke.
    Again with the non-sequitor arguments.

BANNED

So we've reached a point where one guy is arguing that people hate Duke because he's Black and the other guy is saying that people love Duke because he's Black.

As someone who doesn't like Duke one bit and really likes Red Lion from Deathstroke I can safely say that his race doesn't mean squat to me.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deffinition View Post
    Have they even given him a name yet? Just seems like he's never really gonna advance beyond being a sidekick in current form. My prediction is that he lasts a couple more years, gets killed off, comes back as a villain 10 years after
    He's getting a name and the reason for his spinoff book in the next issue of dark days: the caasting

BANNED

Context: The Youtube series Back Issues released a discussion video about I Am Gotham, and they did a bit of poking fun at Snyder and Duke, which made me think of a question.

This is mainly for fans of Duke, since the answer for the rest of us is obvious: How would you feel if Dark Days with concludes with Bruce telling Duke "Your time has come" and actually makes him Batman? Would you guys be as pissed and fuming as the rest of us would be, or would you actually be down for it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Context: The Youtube series Back Issues released a discussion video about I Am Gotham, and they did a bit of poking fun at Snyder and Duke, which made me think of a question.

This is mainly for fans of Duke, since the answer for the rest of us is obvious: How would you feel if Dark Days with concludes with Bruce telling Duke "Your time has come" and actually makes him Batman? Would you guys be as pissed and fuming as the rest of us would be, or would you actually be down for it?
    LOL! I like ComicPop a lot, and I must say, hearing them talk about Duke at the beginning really cracked me up. He doesn't want to come out and say that Duke sucks or is useless, but he lays down the truth anyway. Love it!!!

No. No, no no no no no no. NO !

I don't want Duke to be Batman in any way, shape or form. He doesn't need to be, it would be a stupid idea and it would kiill the character.

I would bake myself some popcorn, get nice and comfortable, and bask in the glorious chaos that would be the internet's reaction.

BANNED

I love that episode, saying it all out loud really shows how utterly ridiculous Duke has been as a character.

No one wants Duke to be Batman not his fans not his creator no one . That's a a stupid idea.

Honestly, anyone suspecting Duke could even be a possible Batman replacement just hasn't been reading the intentions for the character in the stories or interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, anyone suspecting Duke could even be a possible Batman replacement just hasn't been reading the intentions for the character in the stories or interviews.
    I think they are taking piss.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No one wants Duke to be Batman not his fans not his creator no one . That's a a stupid idea.
    “In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.”

Does he want it to happen now? Probably not. Would his creator like to see it happen eventually? I think so.

“In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.”

Does he want it to happen now? Probably not. Would his creator like to see it happen eventually? I think so.
    I'm sure creators think it would be fun to see Damian,Tim,etc in the mantle too, that doesn't mean they actually see it happening in current canon.

BANNED

Ok, so I just read the first 6 issues of We Are Robin to research a video. And... holy crap what a terrible book that turned out to be. Not only did the plot make no sense (Why did Alfred organize these random kids with no training to be vigilantes? Why is a Talon attacking them? Why is there a cult of homeless people blowing up buildings?) but the characters were god awful on top of that. Funny how the writer talked about expanding on the concept of Robin in an interview, and rudely dismissed the other Robins as "teenage white boys who all look the same", but ended up creating the most useless and forgettable characters the Bat-books have ever seen.

Moving onto Duke himself. To the books credit, this is the one time he's actually felt like a person as opposed to a cardboard cutout. But that person is still painfully uncharismatic, unlikable, and kind of a dick. He's pretty useless outside of the first 2 issues and quickly loses any semblance of personality he had at the start, proving once again that no one has any idea what to do with Duke.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, I've seen interviews where Snyder asserts that Duke is Bruce's closest ally, completely ignoring (1) the man who actually raised Bruce, (2) the guy who was Bruce's first crimefighting partner and who even once did take over Batman's mantle, and (3) Bruce's own son. So.....its not outside the realm of possibility that Snyder wants to see Duke take over Bruce's mantle.