View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

33 14.29%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

110 47.62%
  • Dislike him

88 38.10%
Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    To you maybe, but I don't think it worked and I think it was one of the reasons why DC kept Damian away from Batman after BR ended.
    Um DC hasn't kept Damian away from Batman, now a certain writer and his influence though is another matter. He's still being pushed, just got an animated movie a few weeks back and Super Sons is about exploring Batman's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Um DC hasn't kept Damian away from Batman, now a certain writer and his influence though is another matter. He's still being pushed, just got an animated movie a few weeks back and Super Sons is about exploring Batman's legacy.
    Snyder didn't like writing Damian in his own book. He doesn't have any control over who the writers want to write.

And we never saw the B&D dynamic outside of BR because honestly? It doesn't work and DC doesn't seem to care to push it.

Snyder didn't like writing Damian in his own book. He doesn't have any control over who the writers want to write.

And we never saw the B&D dynamic outside of BR because honestly? It doesn't work and DC doesn't seem to care to push it.
    Damian was a pretty big part of Batman Inc (new 52).

And he is going to appear with Batman on Superman and Deathstroke in future stories.

BANNED

Then why are they appearing in Deathstroke and Superman together? Why did they get together in SOB when the Superheavy status quo ended? Why is that dynamic getting animated movies? Why will it get focus in Super Sons? Snyder controls All Star Batman and he controls Tynion indirectly.King is the only outlier but one who is pushing Duke which leads one to conclude that he too is toeing Snyders line. I dont believe Scott is forcing King but a simple request in favor of Duke automatically phases out Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If King wasn't putting any effort at all into the character, I'd doubt he'd even use him to the degree that he has.
    But, again, we don't know if Duke is there because King wants to use him or if he sort of feels obligated to show him or if he's been told by others with more authority that he must include Duke.
    (We also don't know if he's required to show Duke but has been limited by the editorial-side on what he can do with Duke.)

It's annoying how he's used here, but we don't know why or who might be to blame for how he's used.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Damian was a pretty big part of Batman Inc (new 52).

And he is going to appear with Batman on Superman and Deathstroke in future stories.
    Damian was Jason's partner in that series and he hardly worked with Batman before he was killed off.

In Deathstroke, Damian will spend time with Slade while Rose will spend time with Batman. In Superman, DC pretty much trying to introduce Jon and Damian for SuperSons.

Tell me again how any of what you said prove my point about DC not bothering to push the B&D dynamic wrong?

Damian was Jason's partner in that series and he hardly worked with Batman before he was killed off.

In Deathstroke, Damian will spend time with Slade while Rose will spend time with Batman. In Superman, DC pretty much trying to introduce Jon and Damian for SuperSons.

Tell me again how any of what you said prove my point about DC not bothering to push the B&D dynamic wrong?
    Jason's partner? They only worked together for one issue and Damian didn't even know it was him.

Well, i don't have to prove you wrong, it's your opinion. And unless if you have some inside knowledge of how DC handle their characters, it's just your opinion.
    And to be completely honest, i much rather have a Nightwing and Robin comic book than a Batman and Robin. But i also don't think that Bruce and Damian dynamic are bad, to me it worked when was needed to work, and will continue to doing so.

Extraordinary Member

Or some of us really liked Born to Kill and Batman and Robin annual 1 and the dream issue and the DOTF tieinn issue and Hunt for Robin and Robin Rises. Maybe they weren't perfect but whatever moments Bruce shared with Damian and his feelings were far more legit than anything with Duke ever.
    But the thing is that even in Batman and Robin they are iirc hardly working together as a team, they do usually solo stuff and have occasionally some father son moment.

Extraordinary Member

I disagree with the people who think the dynamic didn't work, Batman and Robin annual 1 beats almost everything written with Bruce and a sidekick.
    But in that story they are again not working together as Batman and Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But in that story they are again not working together as Batman and Robin.
    They dont have to work together, the stories were ultimately still about their bond. Its also what Duke is trying to do currently. That story was about getting to know Bruce better, it's literally spelled out in the opening pages, there was also an arc without Batman in which Damian went looking for Martha's pearls. Similarly Nightwing 151 of the previous volume explored Bruce and Dick's relationship without actually having Bruce in it, a good deal of Tim stories, probably most of them dont have Bruce in them. The Red Robin book for 12 issues was about Tim's relationship with Bruce without having Bruce appear in a single issue. Where was it stated that both of them must appear together to have a relationship?
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 09-25-2016 at 09:59 PM.

BANNED

I think you need to read Batman INC again. You said DC is distancing them but you were proven wrong. This is just strawman ship, they are appearing together in said books, getting separated for a few pages does not change anything. Are you trying to imply that DC is pushing for Damian to be Deathstrokes Robin? a common complaint of fans has been that apart from Dick and Bruce he didn't have relationships with anyone. With New-52 he lost Tim and Steph and now you're telling me DC never pushed him with Bruce even though they had a series together, one that lasted 4.5 years, totaling 40 + issues and bunch of annuals. I gave you examples of them appearing together currently, there are animated movies with them. The book is called Super SONS not Super bros. If you're just going to dismiss the examples simply because they got separated or talked to someone else rather than each other then you're simply reaching.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 09-25-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I didn't read We Are Robin, so Duke for me basically exists in a state of superposition: neither in any way interesting yet nor in any way having any problems that'd make me think he isn't viable. He's A Guy Who Exists, and while I think it's a little early to introduce another new partner so soon after Harper - who I was really digging until she was basically taken off the board for Eternal, which I didn't end up following - I'm fine with him. Looking forward to wherever Snyder and Shalvey take his character.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member

They dont have to work together, the stories were ultimately still about their bond. Its also what Duke is trying to do currently. That story was about getting to know Bruce better, it's literally spelled out in the opening pages, there was also an arc without Batman in which Damian went looking for Martha's pearls. Similarly Nightwing 151 of the previous volume explored Bruce and Dick's relationship without actually having Bruce in it, a good deal of Tim stories, probably most of them dont have Bruce in them. The Red Robin book for 12 issues was about Tim's relationship with Bruce without having Bruce appear in a single issue. Where was it stated that both of them must appear together to have a relationship?
    But in the Batman main ongoing series you can't make just stories about Bruce and Damians bond. If you put Damian in there they have to work "normal" cases together with Damian a s Bruce partner/sidekick, and I just don't see that this will really work so well as the Damian-Dick team or Bruce in combination with any other Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But in the Batman main ongoing series you can't make just stories about Bruce and Damians bond. If you put Damian in there they have to work "normal" cases together with Damian a s Bruce partner/sidekick, and I just don't see that this will really work so well as the Damian-Dick team or Bruce in combination with any other Robin.
    Sure they can, Detective is currently a team book.

He's been pretty awful and they aren't doing anything to change that unfortunately. Hoping he gets the banishment treatment like Harper did.