Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    IF Jurgens leaves ACTION COMICS it increases my chances of dropping it (yes, I am serious. It may not be a popular view but I'm actually a fan of Jurgens and I like what he is doing with the book).
    If he leave I won't drop because I very much enjoy this version of Superman, much of it thanks to Jurgens himself, but I would be very disappointed. The Jurgens hate here is just strange to me. I think both Action Comics and Superman titles provide a great balance and compliment to each other. Now with Trinity to round out, all the vital aspects of the main Superman line are covered.
    Great repositories for everything regarding Post-Crisis Superman
    http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/
    http://superman86to99.tumblr.com/

I've said this before, but I'm enjoying Jurgens on Action, and I'd be disappointed if he left. I agree with others who've said he'd make a great editor for the Superman books, but I'd like to see him on Action for some time. I do get some of the criticism - I'd have preferred to see Perry less trusting (initially) of the "new Clark" and all that - but I'm excited to see the dynamic between this Clark and Lois undercover as N52 Lois, and to see where these threads will lead.

But then, maybe I'd feel differently if I'd stayed on board after 2011 and become used to the vibe of that? Hard to say. But I'm having a good time with these, and I hope it continues for the forseeable future.
    Last edited by JAK; 09-23-2016 at 02:02 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    So much straw-grasping...

If you'll notice, other than Orlando, this is the part of the Superman team that wasn't at the Rebirth launch event at Wondercon. Gene Yang won't be there either.
    Of course it is. But at the same time I want Action Comics to be good, so if necessary I will grab a straw from time to time till I don't have to anymore.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd brace yourself for them regardless.. I agree they should leave it alone but reputation says they won't, and with December starting the first Rebirth crossover in JL, it could be a sign of things to come of things getting back to DC's normal.
    They didn't made a mystery about it, there'll be a crossover/event every three months. Sooner or later will be Superman's turn.

"A slowdown in the sales rate is inevitable, particularly as the novelty of Rebirth wears off, so DC is looking to maintain excitement — and sales — with quarterly events."

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/...ve-art-reveal/

Now I wonder if they'd really do a weakly... the Eternals were better in concept than actual story. Some issues were enjoyable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Given A. the lack of Dan Jurgens' mention here, B. the movie tie-in with Doomsday is done, and in fact it's clear that's now a movie they're going to try and avoid copying going forward, so his connection with that is no longer selling Jurgens, and C. it was the worst selling of the Superman books in August, I'm hoping the big announcement will be a new writer on Action Comics. Steve Orlando and Tim Seeley are out (I suspect Seeley is going to be given Justice League in the wake of JL Vs. SS), maybe Marguerite Bennett? They clearly have some degree of faith in her, if the word is true that they were going to give her Wonder Woman before Rucka came in. Or Tom Taylor, he's a safe and solid choice.
    Put a female writer on a Super book while Berganza is still editor? I thought there was a ban on female creators while he was in office?

We do have a female artist on one of the books of course, but it seems to me that artists dont work directly with the editors as much as the writers do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Given A. the lack of Dan Jurgens' mention here, B. the movie tie-in with Doomsday is done, and in fact it's clear that's now a movie they're going to try and avoid copying going forward, so his connection with that is no longer selling Jurgens, and C. it was the worst selling of the Superman books in August, I'm hoping the big announcement will be a new writer on Action Comics. Steve Orlando and Tim Seeley are out (I suspect Seeley is going to be given Justice League in the wake of JL Vs. SS), maybe Marguerite Bennett? They clearly have some degree of faith in her, if the word is true that they were going to give her Wonder Woman before Rucka came in. Or Tom Taylor, he's a safe and solid choice.
    I don't have a problem with Jurgens on Action but if they did announce that he was leaving the book I'd love it if DC said he was leaving in order to take over as editor of the line. Berganza needs to take a hike.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

How about announcing a new52 Superman monthly?

I know, I know, DC Comics doesn't care about new52 Superman fans and doesn't want our money, and how dare I bring the thread down by mentioning it. Does that about cover it?

Even if something like that were ever in the cards, no way they announce it before spoiling the resurrection.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Even if something like that were ever in the cards, no way they announce it before spoiling the resurrection.
    They announced Man of Steel 2 when Cavill's body was still warm in the grave.

Honestly man, do you put anything past DC these days, no matter how blatantly stupid or inspired?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

... pens mouth:

:closes mouth:

...Damn I got nothing. Okay fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Put a female writer on a Super book while Berganza is still editor? I thought there was a ban on female creators while he was in office?
    I forgot about this.

So Bennett isn't a possibility while Berganza is still around.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I understand some of the sentiments here but... I'm looking at a stack of Triangle era 1991:8-22 as I type. Jurgens has a history of not only doing Superman crossovers well, but doing them consecutively. His recent material hasn't been all that, but I'll wait a bit longer for him to accelerate out of this dry patch.

I'd like some of the books to cross over slightly if they are to tie up loose ends at least. Just uh... no H'el, you know. I don't want the writers losing sight of what's keeping the line strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

We do have a female artist on one of the books of course, but it seems to me that artists dont work directly with the editors as much as the writers do.
    Two female artists actually. But what about the writer, Mariko Tamaki?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Two female artists actually. But what about the writer, Mariko Tamaki?
    Is Berganza the editor on the Supergirl mini? I thought it'd be like American Alien, which had two editors, neither of which were Berganza.

Either way the mere fact we have to wonder if its yet an okay environment for a female to work in makes it so mind-boggling that he still holds his position.

Whomever it is he has blackmail on should just take on for the team already.