Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Put a female writer on a Super book while Berganza is still editor? I thought there was a ban on female creators while he was in office?

We do have a female artist on one of the books of course, but it seems to me that artists dont work directly with the editors as much as the writers do.
    I have my doubts on a lot of this.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 09-25-2016 at 10:02 AM. Reason: let's just not go there

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah... I felt it was fair to address Ascended's post because it was on the subject of creative teams and it's likely that new creators might be announced at NYCC, but sorry, that got kinda out of hand.

All I can think is creator switch ups or crossovers announced, really, because yeah that Millar thing would likely be 2018. I can't imagine special projects on the table either, unless Neal Adams decides to bless us with a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    I have my doubts on a lot of this.
    Until charges are brought to bear and Berganza is put on trial, so do I. Talk is cheap and so are accusations. Its not our place to condemn the man, especially with no actual evidence other than the say-so of a handful of people. That'll be the burden of the jury if things ever come to that. But its something that has been said often enough I feel like its something to take into account when discussing who might be coming onto the titles. But I didnt mean to derail the thread or anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I just want to say this. I'm not unsympathetic to the plight of women in a sexist industry. I've also had generally good personal interactions with Berganza, which doesn't invalidate the possibility of major problems. I trust the word of accusers. I just think there is often a bigger picture. I think if anybody has qualms, write to DC. Write to their HR. Share your concerns. Lobby for women in comics.

There are some really talented women I'd like to see on the Superman books. And I believe it can happen.

I'd like to see Kelly Thompson on a Super-title. And that woman who wrote Catwoman for a while, Valentine I think her name was? Her stuff got tons of positive word-of-mouth (I couldnt find room in my budget for it) so I'd be perfectly happy to see her on a Super-title as well.

And I think Kelly Sue DeConnick could work wonders with certain aspects of Superman's mythos. She doesnt do high concept too well from what Ive read of her (mostly Captain Marvel and Ghost) and her action sequences tend to be a little lackluster, but I find that when teamed with either a good artist or a co-plotter those issues are easily fixed. She seems to collaborate really well with other talent. So I'd happily take her too.

As for Berganza, I dont know the guy and dont condemn him for something he allegedly did. When and if he is put on trial or proof is brought to light, then I'll form an opinion. But if women are discouraged from working with him that does influence who might be coming onto the titles (if anyone is at all. I'd actually be surprised to see DC rock the boat right now, with the possible yet unlikely exception of Jurgens).

That's the real question I think. Would DC put anyone new on the books right now? I cant imagine they would switch out anyone, except maybe Jurgens, but Action is still performing decently by industry standards, even if it is the worst selling Super-title.

If DC announces anything at NYCC for Superman, I expect it to be a crossover, with hints that it'll resolve some of the problems/mysteries concerning Superdad's dimensional displacement. Let's see, they've already done Doomsday and the Eradicator.....who's another big post-Crisis villain who could be involved in a big Event? Dominus maybe?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DC is already coming in strong and the panels haven't even started yet. I hope the hype keeps rising from here. Expect good stuff for Supes

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I am pretty fine with the Wildcats post-Lobdell and Casey, but I feel like Ellis just traveled a thousand miles to just post up eight feet from the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I am pretty fine with the Wildcats post-Lobdell and Casey, but I feel like Ellis just traveled a thousand miles to just post up eight feet from the goal.
    I bet there is some good money on it

BANNED

The con is tomorrow isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The con is tomorrow isn't it?
    Specifically, the Superman panel is Thursday, around 4 Eatern

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    So Action Comics #1000...

What if Mark Waid is a writer on it, and then takes over with issue #1001.

He and Johns have been talking, and he wasn't a fan of the New 52.
    Mark Waid has been banned from the DC offices. He's good with Johns, but he hates Didio and Harras.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Mark Waid has been banned from the DC offices. He's good with Johns, but he hates Didio and Harras.
    He's banned but it's up to DC on whether he comes back or not. So I'm hoping they wise up and start requesting for his return.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

I don't really care for Waid's Superman work, so I wouldn't want him on a title. I actually think he's better where he is over at Marvel. Those first couple Daredevil OHC's were his only good work in many years for me. While I don't really care if he ever writes for DC again in general, I think as long as Didio is there Mark's mouth is what keeps that ban in place. He seems like one of those guys that can't stop himself from going off in public forums.

I've listened to him slam more than just Didio at DC I just don't want to listen to his bitching. Wasn't it just a month or so ago that DC cancelled to be re-solicited his Flash trade and he went on and on about how they were screwing him and the fans.

I think Waid and Kurt Busiek are friends. If so he should really take Kurt's lead on how to conduct yourself on-line as Mr Busiek is one of the classiest pro's I have ever interacted with or heard/read on the internet.

While Waid's mouth has gotten him into trouble with DC over the years, there is a reason he's been saying everything he's said. Also, if Rucka refused to work with Berganza, Waid would too. The reason Berganza is still at DC is because he and Harras are buddies and that probably makes Waid like Harras even less.

I think Mark Waid is fine where he is at Marvel and Archie.

Aight guys, just a few hours now. Place your bets.

I say short crossover.