View Poll Results: Which decade did you start reading comics?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1940s (whoa!)

0 0%
  • 1950s

1 0.95%
  • 1960s

14 13.33%
  • 1970s

31 29.52%
  • 1980s

29 27.62%
  • 1990s

17 16.19%
  • 2000s

8 7.62%
  • 2010s (welcome!)

5 4.76%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    I was in the 70s. My dad collected comics back then and he was a DC fan. He went to the newsstand to get them and I was around three and I pulled out Spider-man and did the kid whine that I wanted it. He suggested Batman, because I loved the Batman reruns of the 60s show, but I wanted Spider-man!!!! And so I got my first comic which I believe was actually Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-man #1 because of the cover. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the comic. I looked at the pictures since it was before I could read and then tossed it in the trash. Which when my dad asked me what I did with my comic book, he about hyperventilated and shouted "YOU DON'T THROW THOSE OUT"
    Oh I thought they were like magazines. "NO!"
    When Crisis occurred in 86, it ended my dad's interest. He collected from like 1947ish to then. Which I had the opposite reaction. That's when I got really into DC. He told me I have no taste.
    Dying to hear more about this! What was it about Crisis that lost your Dad's interest? Was he just such a fan of the Silver Age style of comics that the more serious tone of the 80s wasn't for him?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I love hearing when people starting reading comics, and I love the age range of comic book readers.

So when did you first start reading comics?
    in the early 80s I think. But not about superheros. I read about drama, crime, romance and comedy and westerns. My mom hated it and forbade me from reading those 'adult' graphic novels, but I still did it in secret lol.

I stopped reading them by my late teens because I was very busy with school and other things. I started reading again in 2007 because I wanted to know more about Superman.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-25-2019 at 09:06 AM.