Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Not a great trip out west for Montreal, currently sitting atop the East (and the NHL). Destroyed by one cellar-dweller, barely squeak past another and then beaten again in OT by the Canucks who are probably going to remain a middle-of-the-pack team. Montreal is in for a shock when they head to California.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Pens shut out the Kings!
    The thing is...the Penguins, with Crosby, usually have a strong regular season. I think they have great players, but they all fall apart during playoffs time. That's the next big challenge for Pittsburgh...to go deeper into the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Not a great trip out west for Montreal, currently sitting atop the East (and the NHL). Destroyed by one cellar-dweller, barely squeak past another and then beaten again in OT by the Canucks who are probably going to remain a middle-of-the-pack team. Montreal is in for a shock when they head to California.
    I think Carey Price is the best goaltender in the NHL. I think based on what he's had to work with so far, he's probably the goalie you'd want on your team. However, there are little things that bother me about a team like Montreal that I am never bothered by a team like Detroit. That being, grittiness. For some reason, Detroit Red Wings, when healthy, can finesse any team to death. They can beat any team on the basis that they have players that can beat you with speed and skill.

With Montreal, I feel like they are Detroit-lite. They aren't about grit...they are about style and speed, but I worry that they aren't that skilled to go far. Last year, with star goalie injured, you saw the Canadiens fall to New York. Nothing wrong with the Rangers, because they were playing special, but I think if you threw Detroit into the same scenario, their team is strong enough to go further.

First of all, I think Montreal needs a captain. I know they are trying this whole alternate captain thing, but I think they need a player who takes the lead on this team. Second of all, they need to add a little more size and depth to the team. They are on the verge of being a great team, but they are missing some pieces, IMO.

Also, I hope Vancouver will be a middle-of-the-pack team. I hate their stupid jersey!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The thing is...the Penguins, with Crosby, usually have a strong regular season. I think they have great players, but they all fall apart during playoffs time. That's the next big challenge for Pittsburgh...to go deeper into the playoffs!
    Fair enough and that's a big reason why they parted ways with Dan Bylsma. The last time the Pens had a coaching change they went to the Stanley Cup playoffs two years in a row.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Fair enough and that's a big reason why they parted ways with Dan Bylsma. The last time the Pens had a coaching change they went to the Stanley Cup playoffs two years in a row.
    I think they've got a good line-up this year. It'll just be a case of what Fleury does in the long run. He's been shaky for the last few years and seems to be the Achilles Heel for the Penguins. They are 7 and 2 now, so they are doing well.

The Leafs vs. Blackhawks game was absolutely awesome today. What more can you really say about JVR? With his family in the stands and playing against his brother, he comes through once again. The Leafs continue to win when Kessel registers a point, so the superstitious people on the Leafs are going to breathe a little sigh of relief whenever Kessel scores for their next games

Please, please, PLEASE beat those Canucks, Oilers. I'm watching ONLY because they are playing against you, but man I hate watching any game featuring the Canucks.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Back-to-back shutouts and 3 shutouts in the last four games for Marc-André Fleury!

I think they've got a good line-up this year. It'll just be a case of what Fleury does in the long run. He's been shaky for the last few years and seems to be the Achilles Heel for the Penguins. They are 7 and 2 now, so they are doing well.
    When he's on point he's one of the best in the league but when he falters he lets some ridiculous goals get past him.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Yuck. Another Stars loss. They look like they have no energy out there, and Im starting to see bits of Lindy Ruffs famous stubbornness. Brought in Spezza and hemsky for a legitimate 2nd line, then puts Spezza on the top line and now Hemskys injured. So much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yuck. Another Stars loss. They look like they have no energy out there, and Im starting to see bits of Lindy Ruffs famous stubbornness. Brought in Spezza and hemsky for a legitimate 2nd line, then puts Spezza on the top line and now Hemskys injured. So much for that.
    Yeah, I don't get that move. Seguin's a natural centre and he was getting along great with Jamie Benn as the true number one line. Let Spezza be the second line centre and work with what's out there.

Of course my Oilers had to lose to the Canucks. Can't go beating the teams I hate, now can we?

Did anyone see that goal by Tarasenko? WHOAAAAAA! Goal of the year, so far!

Of course my Oilers lose again, after losing to the stupid Canucks. Toronto loses to the Coyotes today. Brad Marchand scores a beauty against Luongo to win it for Bruins. What's this? Carolina winning games? I thought they'd lose the entire season! Montreal Canadiens need to be worried. They got blown away by the Blackhawks tonight, despite Price's best effort. Score did not indicate how hard he worked in net.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A good win for my Flyers last night, 4-1 over Edmonton, despite being woefully outshot 36-25. By the by, that was goalie Steve Mason's first win of the season. Only took a month, but hey, better late than never.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Please, please, PLEASE beat those Canucks, Oilers. I'm watching ONLY because they are playing against you, but man I hate watching any game featuring the Canucks.
    I take it you aren't a Canucks fan. I live in BC so I am. They are at 9-4-0 right now after spanking around the Avs last night. That was great to watch, lots of action and Bonino is looking like a good replacement for the unmissed Kesler.

Yep, a great start for the Canucks and, surprisingly, for Calgary also. I think these two facts are causing Oil Nation no end of anguish, that and being last in their division and I think the entire West (although I'm not sure about that).

I take it you aren't a Canucks fan. I live in BC so I am. They are at 9-4-0 right now after spanking around the Avs last night. That was great to watch, lots of action and Bonino is looking like a good replacement for the unmissed Kesler.

Yep, a great start for the Canucks and, surprisingly, for Calgary also. I think these two facts are causing Oil Nation no end of anguish, that and being last in their division and I think the entire West (although I'm not sure about that).
    I like the team of Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings. If the roster of either team were to be switched with the roster of the Canucks, I would still hate the Vancouver Canucks.

Reason: I hate their jersey!

Yeah, it's really petty

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I like the team of Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings. If the roster of either team were to be switched with the roster of the Canucks, I would still hate the Vancouver Canucks.

Reason: I hate their jersey!

Yeah, it's really petty
    You mean you dislike THIS classic look?

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You mean you dislike THIS classic look?

Haha, the old Flying V!

But seriously, why does Arfguy hate whales?

Quote Originally Posted by westphillypunisher View Post
    you mean you dislike this classic look?

oh god! My eyes! my eyes!!!! :d

Haha, the old Flying V!

But seriously, why does Arfguy hate whales?

Don't feel bad, cgh...at least your team has made it to the finals. As a resident of Toronto, I have an over-whelming sense of shame that the Leafs have never been to the finals since the expansion from the original six! WTF?!?

Personally, I was became a hockey fan around 1992, so I'm very much used to THIS badass logo:
    http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/av...ogo_yellow.jpg

I also remember the Canucks having a little more edge. Doesn't help matters that the Canucks of today don't have the awesome Pavel Bure!