Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    HandofPrometheus :
    Remender has great ideas but he don't know how to use them.
    His sales were questionable (issue 1 - 303 000, issue 13 - 60 000), he lost 80% of readers
    Extraordinary (issue 1 -124 000, 13 - 45 000)
    If Extraordinary would lose the same percent of fans ... issue 13 - would have 25 000)
    Questionable sales? Most of people who bought #1 can`t be counted as fans. Half of "fans" drop books after #1 and never returns. Some buy all #1 for collections and even do not read them.
    His 13th issue still sold much better then Extraordinary numbers.

Also compare how much profit marvel got from 13 issues of UA and Extraordinary. Sincerelly doubt that 80% of lost readers means smth here.

BANNED

Purplevit :
    Questionable sales?
    For me? Yes
    Most of people who bought #1 can`t be counted as fans.Half of "fans" drop books after #1 and never returns.Some buy all #1 for collections and even do not read them.
    true. Thor and Wolvie have a lot of fans. Ua story was weak so they left.
    His 13th issue still sold much better then Extraordinary numbers.

Also compare how much profit marvel got from 13 issues of UA and Extraordinary. Sincerelly doubt that 80% of lost readers means smth here.
    Are You comparing Marvel flagship with Cap America, Thor(a little after premiere of Avengers the movie) and Wolverine and advertisment with Extraordinary?

Maybe all books with more popular characters are automatically better?
    Yeah Vision solo is weaker because it has only 20 000 right? This series started with 42 000 ...

That's the reason i think that UA was weak. Book with this roster should have better sales. UA lost 80% of readers. Extraordinary 65%.
    Deadpool lost only 40% of readers after after 17 issues - that's great.

I don't like to compare the number of issues sold because i think that roster is very important. For me it is better to look how sales are changing.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 09-23-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Nope

As bad as the doom and gloom thing has been under Lemire, it would be a million times worse with Remender at the head. He is a one trick pony that can only tell stories about deconstruction plus he doesn't even understand what the metaphor for X-men is. His last great story was the Dark Angel Saga.
    I'll just quote this. Thanks for doing all the work for me Arya. lol. I feel the same.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

No. Like others have said, his run on UXF was great but he seemed to overreach when given a bigger play ground. The book was filled with great concepts but he didn't seem capable of executing them or wrapping up his own plots. His ability to end his stories was lacking to say the least. His character motivations were shallow and the ramifications of what they did was hollow as his books were almost completely self-contained by his own request. Not to mention his crossover event Axis... My goodness that was bad IMO. Marvel thought they found their next Claremont or Bendis but ultimately got a lesser degree of PAD. Not to take anything away from PAD but he was better left to mind his own niche book rather than take over a flagship title, even less an experimental hybrid book meant to draw X-Men fans into the Avengers.

Fabian Necieza (spelling?) would have been a better choice then and Bunn is better choice now. I mean c'mon, he had 4 of Marvel's most popular characters in the same book, 3 of which had their own full feature movie, and he couldn't tell story worth keeping track of. Not to mention the delays which may or may not have been under his control. Remender didn't show me he was capable of running multiple books or even one really big one for a long period of time. His reaction to fan criticism of the "M Word" is shocking as well. Or did we forget, "hobo piss"? His grasp on social issues outside of his own realm was weak, and it showed. Him running a metaphor book like X-Men or the whole department would have been... Bad.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 09-23-2016 at 08:02 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

As much as I hated Remender's UA, I do think he's a great writer when he wants to be, but much like Bendis, his control on a franchise should stay minimal. So no, that probably would've been as bad or worse as what we were getting during that time.

I'd have read it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I have read it. Planet X. I agree with whoever said Remender is a one-trick pony. His runs were very repetitive and became less impressive with each iteration.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

As bad as the doom and gloom thing has been under Lemire, it would be a million times worse with Remender at the head. He is a one trick pony that can only tell stories about deconstruction plus he doesn't even understand what the metaphor for X-men is. His last great story was the Dark Angel Saga.
    Mostly agreed. Don't like all of that Apocalypse Seed nonsense from Dark Angel either.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

I dunno. I loved his UXF run, I LOVED Franken-Castle (I couldn't give two turds about Punisher but that was a truly fun storyline and SO hilarious), but while I loved his concepts in UA, I thought the execution was bad and the voices for some of the characters WAY off (Rogue, Wanda, and Havok most especially). But I'd still read an X-title if he wrote one. But head writer? Absolutely not. That should be Cullen Bunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Purplevit :

For me? Yes

true. Thor and Wolvie have a lot of fans. Ua story was weak so they left.

Are You comparing Marvel flagship with Cap America, Thor(a little after premiere of Avengers the movie) and Wolverine and advertisment with Extraordinary?

Maybe all books with more popular characters are automatically better?
    Yeah Vision solo is weaker because it has only 20 000 right? This series started with 42 000 ...

That's the reason i think that UA was weak. Book with this roster should have better sales. UA lost 80% of readers. Extraordinary 65%.
    Deadpool lost only 40% of readers after after 17 issues - that's great.

I don't like to compare the number of issues sold because i think that roster is very important. For me it is better to look how sales are changing.
    I compared it with extraordinary because my post was an answer for your post where you were talking about these 2 books.

Nope

Basically this.

People complain about Bendis' mischaracterization but GOD......Remender's UA run was some of the trashiest stories I've ever seen. It's so weird that this is the same guy who wrote Uncanny X-Force because that run was by far the greatest run of X-Force. I loved the concepts though but the execution wasn't there.......like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    But head writer? Absolutely not. That should be Cullen Bunn.
    No. If Bunn will write the X-Men book as he writes Uncanny X-Men or Magneto, I'll more never read a X-Men book.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No, he would have destroyed the X-men and made them Scarlet Witch lovers hugging it out and begging her to commit more genocide on them.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 09-24-2016 at 06:42 AM.

No one who loves Fantomex that much should be the head of anything...

BANNED

Gillen or Bunn are the only two in the last 4 years that would of made sense.