Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Solicitations December 2016

Is it just me, or did these sneak in way under the radar? Why is this not posted on the Image website? And how did BC get their hands on them if no one else did?

Anyway.... Final year of East of West begins as well as the final arc of Drifter. Debuts of Motor Crush, Rockstars, and Cyberforce Artifacts

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...in-shutter-25/
    Last edited by cc008; 09-23-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Is Southern Bastards back?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

The solicits have been available to download from Image for a few days now. Don't know why CBR seems to have missed them.

Anyway, both Motorcrush and Rockstars look terrific but the $4 price tag only further cements my decision to switch to trades for these and most other new Image comics (stuff from folks like Rucka, Brubaker, BKV (whose titles are all $3 anyway) and Remender being the major exceptions). They tend to read better that way anyway.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Is Southern Bastards back?
    SOUTHERN BASTARDS #16 CVR A CLOONAN (MR)
    (W) Jason Aaron (A) Jason Latour (CA) Becky Cloonan
    “GUT CHECK,” Part Two
    Things get bloody as Coach Boss is forced to expand his criminal dealings to keep control of the football season.
    $3.50

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    SOUTHERN BASTARDS #16 CVR A CLOONAN (MR)
    (W) Jason Aaron (A) Jason Latour (CA) Becky Cloonan
    “GUT CHECK,” Part Two
    Things get bloody as Coach Boss is forced to expand his criminal dealings to keep control of the football season.
    $3.50
    aWESOME (:

aWESOME (:
    Yup! They're actually back with #15 (Part 1 of Gut Check) in November.

So for this month...

Black Science #26 (Just bought 1-24 and plan catching up very soon. I've waited too long to read this)
    Descender #17
    Drifter #15 (hoping this last arc makes sense of everything that's happened in this series)
    East of West #30 (This last year is going to be crazy)
    Deadly Class #25
    Southern Bastards #16

On break:
    Lazarus
    Copperhead
    LOW
    Manifest Destiny

Arclight #4
    Elephantmen #75
    Horizon #6
    Monstress #9
    No Mercy #12
    Saga #41
    Wicked + Divine #24

In trade:
    Manifest Destiny v 4

Not a bad month, even with a few of my faves on hiatus.

Extraordinary Member

Yup! They're actually back with #15 (Part 1 of Gut Check) in November.

So for this month...

Black Science #26 (Just bought 1-24 and plan catching up very soon. I've waited too long to read this)
    Descender #17
    Drifter #15 (hoping this last arc makes sense of everything that's happened in this series)
    East of West #30 (This last year is going to be crazy)
    Deadly Class #25
    Southern Bastards #16

On break:
    Lazarus
    Copperhead
    LOW
    Manifest Destiny
    Thanks buddy! I was expecting a longer hiatus.

It's definitely Monstress #9 and Southern Cross #10 for me in December.

There are other things on the list that sound tempting; but I'll need to think about it between now and then.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Thanks buddy! I was expecting a longer hiatus.
    No problem! And this break felt long enough. God knows where The Goddamned is.

Extraordinary Member

No problem! And this break felt long enough. God knows where The Goddamned is.
    Aye! I need to read volume 3, was keeping it on hold until I knew the upcoming one was due. Can't wait, this series is awesome!

Thanks for posting! I'm mainly intrigued by that Rockstars cover, looks gorgeous! The interior art isn't quite what I expected based off the cover though, so that's a maybe.

Also Frontier's solicits are so vague it's a little difficult to decide whether to give it a try. It's cool that Hickman likes to be vague, but a bit too vague here for me haha.

EDIT: Lake of Fire has another cool cover too. This premise is just bizarre enough to be appealing too.

Black Science #26
    Drifter #15
    Deadly Class #25
    East of West #30
    The Fix #7
    Glitterbomb #4
    Horizon #6
    Lake of Fire #5
    Moonshine #3
    Motor Crush #1
    No Mercy #12
    Revival #45
    Saga #41
    Seven To Eternity #4
    Shutter #25
    Southern Bastards #16
    Surgeon X #4
    Violent Love #2
    The Walking Dead #161
    Wayward #19
    The Wicked + The Divine #24

Yeah, don't know why CBR missed this. What's odd is that Newsarama had missed it all week too and just now posted it today. But CBR not posting it might have something to do with how Image is doing it's solicits now? Newsarama said this in their post...

"Image Comics has released their December 2016 solicitations, but this time they're diverging from the traditional methods and instead offering just the pages from their catalog included with Diamond Comic Distributors' Previews catalog. Image has given Newsarama persmission to re-publish this." That can be found with dates to the books which Bleeding Cool doesn't have here http://www.newsarama.com/31183-image...tions.html#s14

Anyways... was so sure Copperhead would be back this month based on the progress made so far on the new arc, but I guess January now? And Ryan Bodenheim posted on his Twitter a new page he finished from the still in progress The Dying and the Dead to reassure fans that the remaining issues are still coming. Jason Howard has been posting pages (teases) from what can be assumed is the upcoming new arc on Trees. Was surprised to read in the back pages of Drifter #14 that this upcoming arc will be it. I thought for sure it would last longer, but if this is how they've planned it then awesome. I've loved the book mostly, and can't wait to see where all this is going. With East of West, I wonder if Hickman has settled on an issue number for completion yet. Both Hickman and Nick Dragotta have said they always planned the book to last 40 to 50 issues.

Anyone here know anything on a possible fall out between Eric Larson and Todd McFarlane over the Spawn collaboration? My local comic shop manager mentioned when I picked up the recent issue of Savage Dragon this week that he had heard of a fall out between the two (didn't say where, but I didn't ask either). Both books have become big time late (not a surprise which can't make Todd happy because he hates Spawn being late and has always wanted it to be monthly with no hiatuses) and Spawn has been going through what seems like make over after make over recently in the creative department. Todd just can't quite get a handle on any kind of long lasting writer help or artist. I mean, has there been an announcement on who is taking over art duties yet? Shit.

Getting...

Black Science #26
    Descender #17
    Drifter #15
    East of West #30
    AD: After Death #2 (Maybe)
    Eclipse #4 (Climatic issue?! What?! This book is coming to end already? Where was this posted this was a mini?)
    Frontier #2 (Gonna give #1 a shot to see if I like this.)
    Hadrian's Wall #4 (Surprised they're going on hiatus until the second half of this 8 issue book is ready. This was supposed to be out last fall. Did they not have most of this done when they solicited it a year late?)
    Invisible Republic #14
    Monstress #9
    Outcast #24
    Seven to Eternity #4 (LOVED #1. This thing is sold out everywhere!)
    Southern Cross #10
    Spawn #270 (Uh huh. Sure this is coming out this month.)
    Wayward #19

On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands
    Birthright
    Black Magick
    Black Road
    Copperhead
    Dying and the Dead
    Five Ghosts (Here's to hoping for a happy 2017.)
    Goddamned (Still waiting patiently for issue #5. Goddamn man, ridiculous.)
    Injection (This has been off six months now. At the end of issue #10 from June it said it would "be back at the end of the year." Guess it's January now?)
    Lazarus
    Low
    Manifest Destiny
    Mechanism
    Postal (Yaaaay to the news this got picked up to a TV series. Boooooo it's gonna be on Hulu. Screw that.)
    Savage Dragon (So the already solicited issues are big time fucked in their releases. Everything got restructured and now the most recently solicited issue #220 from November's solicits got pushed to January 4. Expect more changes if you're a fan.)
    The Tithe
    Trees
    Velvet
    Wytches
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 09-23-2016 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Anyone here know anything on a possible fall out between Eric Larson and Todd McFarlane over the Spawn collaboration? My local comic shop manager mentioned when I picked up the recent issue of Savage Dragon this week that he had heard of a fall out between the two (didn't say where, but I didn't ask either). Both books have become big time late (not a surprise which can't make Todd happy because he hates Spawn being late and has always wanted it to be monthly with no hiatuses) and Spawn has been going through what seems like make over after make over recently in the creative department. Todd just can't quite get a handle on any kind of long lasting writer help or artist. I mean, has there been an announcement on who is taking over art duties yet? Shit.
    Erik Larsen talks about the situation on this thread on his section of the Image forums:

http://forums.imagecomics.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8871
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki