Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I am still waiting for the Mall Cut. If you ask me, the entire movie should have been on that scene.
    I think a new edit wouldn't hurt, especially to restore more of the character development scenes. TBH, I think that was the biggest flaw the film had; we just didn't get enough development of the new characters, particularly Storm.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing more storm. But if it were up to me I would literally do nothing but watch x-men movies 24/7 lol

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

besides if you compare this movie to the old triology is WAY more loyal to the comics.
    the original triology was full of wolverine, jean,scott and all the other gang were just for the story of wolverine,
    so ,this movie DOES a lot of justice if you compare it with the old one, jean has a lot of screan time, scott too,
    storm has a story on egypt, etc etc etc
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Am I the only one disappointed by the fact apocalypse was not as Hammy as he was in the 90's tas. Go hard or go home! Chew that scenery Oscar Isaac!

No Hammier!

No even more Hammy!

I get that. But I guess he was a vastly different supervillain to the ones we had seen before and maybe they weren't ready for that drastic a change

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

You know, I read the script before the movie came out and I was really disappointed with it. But then when I saw the finished product, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the film captured the feel of the comics, even in its flaws (there are plenty of plot holes and nonsensical storylines in the comics too lol). The movie worked for me as a "chapter" in the X-Men series. It wasn't everything I want from an X-Men film, but if it were a TV show, it would've been a solid episode. It was an ensemble cast and pretty much everyone got a moment to shine. I still want way more character development in the next one, but hopefully this film paved the way for great things to come. I don't really get the backlash for the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    besides if you compare this movie to the old triology is WAY more loyal to the comics.
    the original triology was full of wolverine, jean,scott and all the other gang were just for the story of wolverine,
    so ,this movie DOES a lot of justice if you compare it with the old one, jean has a lot of screan time, scott too,
    storm has a story on egypt, etc etc etc
    The only story Storm had in Egypt was her being awed by Mystique and having her hair changed to white by Apocalypse.