Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That last page, either it speaks to the guy's confidence in Diana, or the lack of threat he considers Cheetah to be when he can pull that kind of face when she's standing right in front of him and has just threatened him.
    I would say his facial expression is more about Diana. As in, "you must seriously be crazy to trust this woman."

Besides Cheetah herself says she will only do it if he really pisses her off, Diana is right there, and like Vanguard said, I imagine he gets threatened by supervillains in his job a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    How is not showing fear tempting death?

Should he fall to his knees and beg for his life?
    It's not the absence of fear... it's the fact that he insults her in a manner thats already proven to be a highway to an early grave.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I would say his facial expression is more about Diana. As in, "you must seriously be crazy to trust this woman."

Besides Cheetah herself says she will only do it if he really pisses her off, Diana is right there, and like Vanguard said, I imagine he gets threatened by supervillains in his job a lot.
    I dont think he runs into actual supervillains very often to be honest, his lot is to deal with warlords and terrorists, in the case of cannibalistic were-beasts he calls in Diana. And yes, that is the expression I think he is putting on... and well, lets just say I don't think Barbara has sunk to such a level she doesn't know what he is doing.

That is true, but going by the earlier issue, Barbara has control issues, major ones, so antagonizing her in any way or form massively increases the chance she will separate top half from bottom. Like compare her to a gorilla, as you see them in a zoo, in the open ones there will be signs warning you (the audience) not to make eye contact with the great apes, especially the silverbacks because that will tick them off to a degree that they will attack you.

The short of the matter is: Don't provoke the were-beast with issues, not even in jest.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I dont think he runs into actual supervillains very often to be honest, his lot is to deal with warlords and terrorists, in the case of cannibalistic were-beasts he calls in Diana. And yes, that is the expression I think he is putting on... and well, lets just say I don't think Barbara has sunk to such a level she doesn't know what he is doing.
    I think I'm operating under the assumption that he (since he's with Steve and Etta) works for A.R.G.U.S, in which case dealing with superhumans is a daily reality to him. The conversation between Etta and Sasha seemed to imply they were after Cadullo because he's doing something supernatural, and the word "apotheosis" was used. But you're right in that until we get confirmation, the A.R.G.U.S thing might just be speculation.

I also wonder if he knew Cheetah back when she was Barbara? Maybe the whole crew did.

That is true, but going by the earlier issue, Barbara has control issues, major ones, so antagonizing her in any way or form massively increases the chance she will separate top half from bottom. Like compare her to a gorilla, as you see them in a zoo, in the open ones there will be signs warning you (the audience) not to make eye contact with the great apes, especially the silverbacks because that will tick them off to a degree that they will attack you.
    I guess, though since Barbara has the incentive of Diana helping her to kill her bastard husband, I think she's putting way more effort into controlling her impulses so as not to piss off the one person who has a shot of helping her succeed. But since he wasn't privy to that conversation, I can see your point that he has now way of knowing that.

I'm expecting Barbara to revert to human by the end of this issue if Urzkartaga is destroyed. This begs the question of how she will become the Cheetah again (because we all know she will at some point) if the power source is cut off?

BANNED

I think I'm operating under the assumption that he (since he's with Steve and Etta) works for A.R.G.U.S, in which case dealing with superhumans is a daily reality to him. The conversation between Etta and Sasha seemed to imply they were after Cadullo because he's doing something supernatural, and the word "apotheosis" was used. But you're right in that until we get confirmation, the A.R.G.U.S thing might just be speculation.

I also wonder if he knew Cheetah back when she was Barbara? Maybe the whole crew did.
    As an organization, I would think ARGUS (or atleast the department Steve is in) is mostly concerned with doing the leg work for the League, picking out targets, scouting out potential threats before the League lands on it. Like I dont think it makes any sense they would send in a bunch of marines if they could just call Superman or Diana to take care of it with far fewer casualties and risks.

Thats possible.

I guess, though since Barbara has the incentive of Diana helping her to kill her bastard husband, I think she's putting way more effort into controlling her impulses so as not to piss off the one person who has a shot of helping her succeed. But since he wasn't privy to that conversation, I can see your point that he has now way of knowing that.

I'm expecting Barbara to revert to human by the end of this issue if Urzkartaga is destroyed. This begs the question of how she will become the Cheetah again (because we all know she will at some point) if the power source is cut off?
    Thats his part of it, not knowing what Diana promised, but there is Barbara's side of it as well, like 1-2 issues ago Diana had to physically restrain her from eating one of the werewolves alive... so I would imagine Barbara needs only the smallest provocation before the curse gets her again.

I doubt that will be the result... if anything I think Rucka will demonstrate that either gods cannot truly be killed (in this case Urzkartaga is just 'chased off' or temporarily rendered inactive) or, like Azzarello did, that someone else will simply take up the mantle.

BANNED

Is Urrrzkarrtaga the name of an actual character? That's awesome.

Edit: okay, I read the whole thing. I didn't realize they were doing the whole R rolling thing with Cheetah.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 09-24-2016 at 09:11 PM.