Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jungle story

6 16.67%
  • Origin Story

30 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Soooo, which story are you liking more so far?

We're three issues into both and we've gotten to a turning point in each. So shoot and maybe we can revisit and see if we still feel the same.

For me personally though it's easily the origin story. No competition really, completely engrossed in it while I'm kind of dragging myself through the Jungle story. My only complaint in the Origin story would probably be the same face going on.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I like the origin story.

I like them both a lot, but the origin story just edges out the jungle tale. Both the artists are phenomenal with differing styles, but the jungle story is taking a bit longer to warm up. In a few issues, I might swap them around

Far and away its the origin. The Lies' art gooefies me, but beyond that its way too decompressed and just not going anywhere yet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I went with the Lies, but only just barely and I'm questioning my choice. My Cheetah bias and love for Sharp's art probably plays a lot into it. I do agree that it's moving a bit slow in comparison, but it looks like the Urzkartaga stuff will be wrapped up in #7 before moving on to the Godwatch and Themyscira stuff in the last two parts.

I couldn't choose between the two; really like them both. WW is really back in the groove right now.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I have loved Nicola Scott's art for over a decade now, so it's Year One all the way for me. Sharpe is slowly winning me over (his Sasha Bordeaux was amazing last issue), but it's a getting to know him phase right now. I also think the plot is moving along faster and has more "wow" moments in Year One - but I'm hoping that Rucka's reveal of the Lies will be a really hard hitting Wow moment.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I can't really choose between the two! I love that her supporting cast is back into the mix! Cheetah is playing a pretty big role in Wonder Woman makes me happy. I feel like the story will pick up in lies this weds. ☺️

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I like them both a lot, but the origin story just edges out the jungle tale. Both the artists are phenomenal with differing styles, but the jungle story is taking a bit longer to warm up. In a few issues, I might swap them around
    Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think I'm in the minority but I don't really love the art in the Lies books. Mostly it's Diana's head/face/hair feels off. I do prefer the story in Year One, but I've been hoping for a Year One story since they rolled out N52! So far it's fully delivering and Rucka has done a fabulous job of cleaning up the misses from Azzarello's run and bringing back the best pieces of WW IMO. I think I'll warm up to Lies, but it's still a little slow paced for me.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It's a tough call for me as I'm loving both storylines quite a bit. The Year One story is great in how it's restoring Diana to her classic, iconic self while putting a fresh spin on things. Nicola's art is always a draw for me and she certainly isn't disappointing this time around. I love The Lies storyline as it's developing and elevating Cheetah. I love the dynamic between her and Diana. Liam's art is really nice as well.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMagoo View Post
    I couldn't choose between the two; really like them both. WW is really back in the groove right now.
    Totally agree. Poll really needed a third option.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Jungle, since so far it is the only one of the two that actually has a plot.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Jungle, since so far it is the only one of the two that actually has a plot.
    So does Year One. Diana comes to Mans World, meets new friends, and deals with whatever Ares is up to.

I love both of them nearly equally, but Year One just *slightly* more.