Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Okay, this is something you could do down the road. I think right now we're still too fresh into the Super-dad concept to add another child. We've yet to really mine the current status quo to its fullest.
    I totally agree. The idea of DC really giving the ol collage try when it comes to a Superdad is still VERY new. There's still LOTS of stuff to be done with just one 9 or 10 year old Superboy. There's still LOTS of stuff do be done with Lois and Clark as parents. There's still LOTS of stuff to be done with the father/son Superman/Superboy dynamic. I tell ya, my imagination runs pretty wild when I think of what you could do and say with just this set up alone.

Like, has anyone every noticed the fact that Jon is--in the most literal sense--a biracial (well interspecies) and multicultural kid? Don't play it as "he's half alien and half human." Play it as if Krypton where like another country (light years away but still). When Jon says something like "I'm half alien, mom," Lois should be quick to correct him and say "no, you're half Kryptonian. 'Alien' is derogatory, sweetie." You see where I'm going with this? This is why I started that "Superman's Kryptonian religion" thread a while back. I want to contemporize the whole thing. It would be a ripple effect that would theoretically enrich Superman and Lois just as much if not more than Jon.

Jon as the son that is here, is more than enough, I feel. But I would still play respects to the idea of Chris. This is why I thought of the whole "Super-Warden"/Jon's Mon-El thing. This way the idea of Chris isn't taken away, and his character can still be explored, but Jon is still firmly the corporal Super Son. You could even play with the idea of losing a child......but it's "what does Superman losing a child look like," ya know--stuff like that.

I dont want to see the same thing happen to Superman. He already has Kara, Jon, Steel, Lana, and Kenan under his franchise's umbrella, with Conner, Mon-El, and Karen seemingly without a place to belong and dropped into limbo.
    People always forget that the Earth 2 comic with power Girl is still a thing (don't worry so do I)
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-03-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    People always forget that the Earth 2 comic with power Girl is still a thing (don't worry so do I)
    What? That hasn't been cancelled yet???

And we only got 16 issues of Dial H?

I call bullsh*t!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What? That hasn't been cancelled yet???

And we only got 16 issues of Dial H?

I call bullsh*t!!
    Yup lol

Val-Zod is still Superman and Karen is Power girl or Power Woman.

I also think there world is getting rebuilt and they'll (their team) be the only ones who remember 'society' (the idea for it was actually really good believe it or not)

At first I assumed that the JSA would make their way to this new Earth 2, but then I realized that Johns just went out of his way to explain that the JSA are part of Earth-0, and the DC CW shows are now establishing that the JSA are from Earth-0's past. It's pretty obvious that the CW shows/Johns have influence over the comics because of Supergirl, and the upcoming JLA being made up of CW heroes. I actually really can't wait for this book. I hope Orlando uses Jake Jordan the Manhattan Guardian along with all of his Kirby inspired connections. Or at least give me Black Lightning (shamelessly capitalize on Luke Cage)

Us and our big mouths