Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Supes, Bats, and WW and children.

I was just thinking about this the other day when reading Trinity. Out of the three of them, Supes has a biological kid, Bats has a biological kid, but not WW. What do you think the chances are of TPTB allowing WW to have a kid in the near future? And if she did, how would you the fans take it? Do you think there's been a conscious decision for her not to be a mother yet and if so why do you think that is?

I don't think it will be likely, but I could have said the same of Clark and Bruce having children before Jon and Damian showed up. As for how I'd feel, it would depend on execution as all things do with me.

How much attention she's finally getting. I'm sure her and Steve will end up having a child together. Maybe her child will be the 2nd coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    How much attention she's finally getting. I'm sure her and Steve will end up having a child together. Maybe her child will be the 2nd coming.
    Wrong religion.

I know it's not the same religion. I'm just saying her child will be special

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The practical difficulty might be that it would mean Diana being sidelined for a time by pregnancy and childbirth, though given her supernatural origins, perhaps all that could be avoided.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The practical difficulty might be that it would mean Diana being sidelined for a time by pregnancy and childbirth, though given her supernatural origins, perhaps all that could be avoided.

That's true, I didn't think of that. And if Spider-Woman and Captain Marvel can have kids, I don't see why WW can't. I have to say, I'm glad there's not a lot of negativity about the idea so far. I honestly don't care either way, but at the same time, it seems like it might be an idea worth exploring at some point.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

We might have another DC: One Year Later in the coming years then.

I think the idea of Wonder Woman as a mother raising a child, especially given her own relationship with Hippolyta, could be very interesting but probably not in the cards anytime soon.

Right now we need her franchise stable and in a strong place, which I don't think adding a kid would help at the moment.

Technically, there could be a way for Wonder Woman to already have a child who would be fully grown... if her New 52 Origin and story is at least partially preserved. In Greek mythology, it was not uncommon to have divinities giving birth to others in strange way (Athena came out from Zeus thigh fully formed and armed, as an adult woman) and so, if Diana was, at some point, the Goddess of War, then it is possible that she and Clark (new52 Superman) had a child who would already be fully grown. And even with the current storyline which plays around how fuzzy Diana recollection of her own past is, it could explains why she didn't remember giving birth to this new god or goddess.

Now, it would be a storyline extremely difficult to handle (if only because of the complexity that such a child would require to be interesting, well constructed, and able to integrate into the larger DC universe) so I'm not really confident about it. But it could be possible, in theory.

Astonishing Member

The more I think about it, I really wound't mind seeing WW actually raise a child. It really could reveal new sides to her personality and bring about some great stories.

Actually "WW" does have a daughter. The Earth 2 Wonder Woman has a daughter named Donna who goes by Fury, in recent continuity.

That said, both Superman and Batman have children based on long standing relationships that had been occurring in their titles. Superman and Lois had been married for years. Batman and Talia had been intertwined for years. As such, the writers felt that they had kind of run out of "relationship" writing and that introducing a child would be a natural development.

In the case of Diana and Steve, we have only had 3 months of them being a "couple" and we STILL have not actually seen them being a couple. So before we give Diana a kid, I think that there is plenty of relationship building that can take place before a child is brought into the mix.

I'd rather they didn't do it. While I'm having some fun with Jon right now I still ultimately would prefer a Superman without children in the long term. Batman is a different animal because sidekicks are so ingrained in his mythos that one being a biological child makes little difference. But I still prefer a fully single and untethered Superman even if I doubt I'll ever get that again. I'd rather they not go down that road with Wonder Woman.

Even if they did entertain it though it wouldn't happen for quite a long time. I mean, Wonder Woman is a lot like Superman in which the character is seen as "pure". I don't think they allow her to just get knocked up without being in at the very least a long lasting serious relationship if not married. And Wonder Woman is not even close to having a "Lois Lane". Maybe if Steve had never been taken off the table decades ago he'd be in that spot today but he was and he's not. So they'd have to take a long time building and fostering their dynamic again before I think there'd be any wedding bells or a potential kid.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I'm absolutely loving Jon Kent/Smith and Superman more than I have since All-Star Superman, so I'm completely onboard with Supe's latest status quo (and tbh, this is one of the rare depictions of Lois that I actually like). IDK, seeing Bruce and Clark discuss being a parent while Diana has yet another conversation with Lois about how she's not trying to steal Clark away just kind of reinforced that notion to me about WW is almost always the odd man out in the Trinity and how TPTB seem less interested in moving the character forward (unlike the other two) and more into constantly trying to redfine her.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 09-24-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I can understand that. Superman and Batman have something to bond over now that Wonder Woman doesn't have. But who knows, maybe that becomes something they delve into at some point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El