Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Should Blade be in the MCU?

Hey guys, this question has probably been answered in the past but I just wanted your opinions on it.
    I got into an argument earlier with a friend because she absolutely hated the idea of Blade being in the MCU whereas I was all for it.
    Now I honestly do not care if it's just a little nod by someone, saying something about the events of the blade movies to just confirm they did in fact happen or if they get Wesley Snipes back for a entirely new film or TV show. I also do not care if they want to recast or start from scratch again with the movies.
    Basically my point of view is that I am all for a united MCU with everything from X-Men to Blade accounted for. By bringing Blade into the fold we are one step closer to that goal and can now experience Blade interacting with the rest of the MCU. I for instance, would love a Blade and Spider-man team up.
    Her point of view is that the first Blade was an amazing movie that should not be tampered with and just left alone.

Where do you guys stand with this? I would be interested to know. Thanks!

I'd be up for it, it would be really interesting how vampires fit into the MCU at large.

Niffleheim

In the MCU? Definitely but i don't think that Netflix is going to pick any more Marvel IPs. Especially now that Van Helsing is ****. I wouldn't mind a British Blade though.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-22-2017 at 03:25 PM.

I want everything except the Mutants to be in the MCU. Only reason I don't want them in is because at this point short of some Crisis type event, there's no easy way to get Mutants into the MCU at this stage of the game. F4? easy, they just ran their experiment and got their powers. Blade? Easy, dude's just surfaced after fighting in the shadows as an urban legend type thing (like Spider-Man). Namor? Dude's just showed up because the latest oil disaster's pissed him off or something. etc. Mutants? Not so easy.
    I surrender to the Contest

Absoutely.

Now that they have the rights back, I imagine they'll find some way to incorporate Blade into the MCU, but time will tell what form that'll take.
    Last edited by Frontier; 09-25-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Hell yes, but we need a new actor, Snipes was great, but his time has past
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

BANNED

Since Strange is in the MCU then yeah

Absolutely, it's been enough time that a reboot could work well. Maybe make it the first R rated MCU movie.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I think it's just a matter of time until we see Blade in the MCU, I reckon it could be a long way off though. Netflix is his most likely destination unless Strange does well and convinces Marvel to do a Supernatural team movie.

I think it would be cool if they used the Avengers formula for the Midnight Sons. Debut Strange, Ghost Rider, and Blade separately (be it movies or tv or whatever) then put them in a movie together.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it would be cool if they used the Avengers formula for the Midnight Sons. Debut Strange, Ghost Rider, and Blade separately (be it movies or tv or whatever) then put them in a movie together.
    This would be friggin sweet!

If it's done in the spirit of the first movie then absolutely. Otherwise I don't want a neutered Blade movie filled with quips every 5 minutes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Hell yes, but we need a new actor, Snipes was great, but his time has past
    They could still have Snipes, but use the premise of that new Blade series that was supposed to come in the All-New, All-Different Marvel buildup and never actually materialized, of him finding out that he had a teenage daughter that inherited his abilities and now he had to train her to fight vampires and other occult horrors.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Old Man Blade. I'd pay for that.