Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Why can't vampires work in the MCU? Characters like Rocket Racoon and Ghost Rider have been shown to work just fine.
    Haven't seen the Ghost Rider stuff, so I can't comment on that. Rocket was a sci-fi thing. Vampires are supernatural, something the MCU has not done much with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Given how badly he behaved on set of the last Blade movie, that's not happening. Marvel Studios doesn't like control freak primadonnas.
    I suppose you were on set to see said alleged "bad behaviour" for yourself?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you don't think it's strange that these complaints about him didn't materialize until the 3rd movie? was he a control freak during the first two (really good) movies? maybe he just knew that he was in a crappy movie and reacted accordingly. are we really blaming metro-sexual Dracula on Wesley Snipes? 3rd movie looked like it was made to sell toys. it went in an entirely different direction that the first two more horror-related films. for that reason, I don't care how he behaved on set. I wish that he had pulled out of the film. maybe this thread wouldn't exist.
    Well said.

He's a popular character and people are excited to see him make a comeback and mix it up with everyone else so him coming into the MCU should happen.

I think the problem with Blade is deciding what tone the character should be because the MCU leans towards a lighter tone even if Phase 3 might change that and how to approach the supernatural since the MCU leans towards SCI-FI than fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Low key? Swarms of predators and vermin, hurricanes, the strength of twenty men, shapeshifting, laughing at bullets, not really low key.
    Where did vampires in the MU or the movies (aside from Dracula being a shapeshifter in a deleted scene in the third film) display these abilities?

And as I said, these guys don't leave corpses when they die and mostly limit themselves to just picking off a relative few missing people.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Vampires have abilities that are relatively low key and typically prey on people who's disappearances can be easily brushed off by authorities. Most vampire hunters are ordinary humans and when vampires die they don't leave corpses behind. It's far easier to have them living in secret than the Inhumans who supposedly have had entire cultures on Earth for who knows how long without anyone noticing
    The Inhumans keep to obscure places so them being unseen is fairly easy to explain.

Vampires being in the general population without being organised would be hard to explain, but if they were organised like you said and have a code about picking off people who won't be missed then that'd cover all the bases.

suspension of disbelief? did you watch Agents of SHIELD? they could just say that they were woken up by the Darkhold.
    Oh them being introduced is fine with me, my issue would be if they establish some giant coven or something. They'd need to really hammer home how vampires have realistically gone undetected for so long. But the darkhold would be a great way of introducing them without having to need to explain a long secret history.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Hasn't Whedon or one of the Marvel higher ups said something to the extent that he will return at some point? Its hard to imagine him reappearing in anything else other than a Netflix series.

I think he's been forgotten a bit

Astonishing Member

suspension of disbelief? did you watch Agents of SHIELD? they could just say that they were woken up by the Darkhold.

Good point

As an idea

Perhaps the darkhold undid the montesi formula spell and they are only returning from a few decades of being away

Or they disappeared since the story of dracula because strange went back using the time gem to cast the spell in that period allowing a relatively short time in which they have returned in turn allowing a new blade distinct from the movie trilogy version
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-24-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    At this point, with all of the other weird crap in the MCU, vampires wouldn't be that hard to buy at all.
    Exactly.
    The MCU has had Aliens drop out of a portal over NYC. A maniacal AI Android levitate a European city. Hulk rampaging through Harlem. Had SHIELD exposed as being an incubator for a decades long plot with Hydra infiltrating and ultimately dropping the Triskelion 9/11 style. Try telling me the zany events in Ant-Man didn't get larger exposure, no pun intended, outside the immediate area. Toss in the other smaller headline events like a Supernatural Ninja Sect taking over Hells Kitchen and other such events...yeah, so vampires are really real. Check. Now what?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

In short,yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Exactly.
    The MCU has had Aliens drop out of a portal over NYC. A maniacal AI Android levitate a European city. Hulk rampaging through Harlem. Had SHIELD exposed as being an incubator for a decades long plot with Hydra infiltrating and ultimately dropping the Triskelion 9/11 style. Try telling me the zany events in Ant-Man didn't get larger exposure, no pun intended, outside the immediate area. Toss in the other smaller headline events like a Supernatural Ninja Sect taking over Hells Kitchen and other such events...yeah, so vampires are really real. Check. Now what?!
    No, I can buy all that stuff except the vampires in a sci-fi-ish movie series. Suspension of disbelief one step too far.

you can accept a dude with a flaming skull for a head, possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance, but not vampires? come on...
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No, I can buy all that stuff except the vampires in a sci-fi-ish movie series. Suspension of disbelief one step too far.
    I bet Dr Strange in the MCU was a no-no for you too.

But wait....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    you can accept a dude with a flaming skull for a head, possessed by the Spirit of Vengeance, but not vampires? come on...
    The mind boggles. Lol!