Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Extraordinary X-Men #14 preview

1) Piotr has got to be pulling his punches, or else Kurt would be a wet smear on the floor.

2) I suspect Bobby's about to show just what league he's actually in.

3) Does Kurt get to be remotely competent in this series? I'm trade-waiting, so I've just read the first book, read the summaries, and seen some scans here and there, but Kurt seems to be either sidelined or an active detriment a lot of the time.

Niffleheim

Competency is the antithesis of Extraordinary X-Men

I wonder why Colossus wish it was Logan or Jean?

It is a good opportunity to Lemire let Bobby show what he can do.

-sigh.-Sure, Kurt. That was smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I wonder why Colossus wish it was Logan or Jean?
    Maybe because they're just shadows of people he cares about, or something along those lines. He wouldn't feel quite as bad offing them.

Interesting, but kinda dumb. If Pete intended to kill Kurt why not just smash his head the first time? Why pull his punch, which he must have done, just to step on him?

Good preview, but seriously? How could Kurt fall for that?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

I'm Impressed. Three pages and I already see many inconsistents or, at least, divergences:

1- Colossus brainwashed by Apocalyse is hilarious of so poorly written. Lemire uses a tactic that is basically being bad at any cost, but it contradicts with Piotr's dialogues, who suggests conexion with your original identity. And what was that dialogue of "Kurt, I need help"?

2- Since when Nightcrawler has a "blind faith"? In spite of offensives stereotypes about religious people, Kurt always was a reasonable guy. Ok, he became a more agressive person, but he still maintains healthy feelings about your friends. A bad-written dialogue.

3- Why Iceman chose shoot Ice Shards if this isn't effective enought a metal-based mutant? I think Lemire is playing Pokemon too much. Lemire, my dear, Ice Beam is a better movement, pokemon included.

4- Bobby Drake is a elementar mutant, omega-level, and still is easily fainted by Colossus. Oh god!

5- So Colossus prefers to kill Logan or Jean instead Kurt. It's so obvious to me perceive what's wrong that I prefer don't comment anymore.
    Last edited by Crabadan; 09-26-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post
    I'm Impressed. Three pages and I already see many inconsistents or, at least, divergences:

1- Colossus brainwashed by Apocalyse is hilarious of so poorly written. Lemire uses a tactic that is basically being bad at any cost, but it contradicts with Piotr's dialogues, who suggests conexion with your original identity. And what was that dialogue of "Kurt, I need help"?

2- Since when Nightcrawler has a "blind faith"? In spite of offensives stereotypes about religious people, Kurt always was a reasonable guy. Ok, he became a more agressive person, but he still maintains healthy feelings about your friends. A bad-written dialogue.

3- Why Iceman chose shoot Ice Shards if this isn't effective enought a metal-based mutant? I think Lemire is playing Pokemon too much. Lemire, my dear, Ice Beam is a better movement, pokemon included.

4- Bobby Drake is a elementar mutant, omega-level, and still is easily fainted by Colossus. Oh god!

5- So Colossus prefers to kill Logan or Jean instead Kurt. It's so obvious to me perceive what's wrong that I prefer don't comment anymore.
    To be fair one could argue Jean and Logan are not the true Jean and Logan, so it would be less of an emotional burden to kill them. As for the rest of the scene and dialog it is why I am not reading EXM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    To be fair one could argue Jean and Logan are not the true Jean and Logan, so it would be less of an emotional burden to kill them. As for the rest of the scene and dialog it is why I am not reading EXM.
    Fair enough. but this only mitigates the impact of a bad-thought sentence.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post

1) I took that as his ploy to ferret Nightcrawler out knowing full well that he would run to save his friend, reason aside. I don't think that's poor writing at all. I'm also viewing Colossus in that he's not completely brainwashed, that he's now fully devoted to Apocalypse but still retains many of his personality and his true self is buried under the conditioning.
    2) Kurt is the noob punching bag in this series thus far. I'd say that both he and Storm have been written pretty incompetently so far (Jean schooling Storm on power usage in the astral plane, Kurt being a lunatic the first 1/2 of this run). I'll give you he's been written poorly since Secret Wars.
    3) Could be the artists interpretation, could be Lemire's instructions. Either way Bobby using his abilities to stop Piotr cold in his tracks would be too easy a solve. this storyline has to run at least 3 issues....
    4) We don't know that he's feinted, just got slammed into a column.
    5) What others said. Maybe he doesn't view them as the real deal (since, well, they're not his Jean and Logan) so it would be easier on his slim version of a conscious to take them out vs Kurt his best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Interesting, but kinda dumb. If Pete intended to kill Kurt why not just smash his head the first time? Why pull his punch, which he must have done, just to step on him?
    Style matter more than result with bad guys. Happen in all stories.

BANNED

I hope Magik is just in time to save Kurt

Interesting. Pete is still there just not in his right mind...cause that first attack could have killed Kurt.

And Kurt, always willing to jump head long into the fire when he thinks one of his friends needs him. "Sir, that how you got killed the first time".
    Some of us wait, some of us act.